Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

England v USA, World Cup, Cincinnati meet-up

England v USA, World Cup, Cincinnati meet-up

Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of
Default England v USA, World Cup, Cincinnati meet-up

Come on guys and gals, lets meet up and watch the game together .....

Any takers ?????

Paul
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Gizmocp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: England v USA, World Cup, Cincinnati meet-up

Load of people are going to Molly Malone's Irish Pub to watch the match.
112 E 4th Street, Cincinnati, covington, KY 41011
Old Jun 12th 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be amongst the peeps at Black Finns in downtown Cincinnati. Usually go to Molly Malones but it gets toooooooooo smoky if there's a big crowd.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Skint
I'll be amongst the peeps at Black Finns in downtown Cincinnati. Usually go to Molly Malones but it gets toooooooooo smoky if there's a big crowd.

Ow right, I'll also be heading to Black Finns then .. I can't stand smoke *lol*
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:10 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

good time lads.

shame about the result.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have a good time? I was pleasantly surprised at how busy the local sports bar was, the fans seemed into the game too. (though I'm sure not to the extend that you'd find in other countries)
Old Jun 13th 2010, 5:09 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Did you have a good time? I was pleasantly surprised at how busy the local sports bar was, the fans seemed into the game too. (though I'm sure not to the extend that you'd find in other countries)
they were pretty into it as far as I could see. plenty of replica US shirts on show.

the thing I really like about watching footy in the US is that there is no aggro whatsoever.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

It was great to watch the game with you guys..... It's just a shame that Green spoiled our day out in downtown Cincinnati ...
Old Jun 13th 2010, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute

I particularly enjoyed our tuneless rendition of "God save the Queen" before the kick-off, even if we were then hugely out-volumed by their Star Bungled Spanner
Old Jun 13th 2010, 10:15 pm
@matthewb76

I particularly enjoyed our tuneless rendition of "God save the Queen"
I enjoyed looking at that barmaids tits all afternoon
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I particularly enjoyed our tuneless rendition of "God save the Queen" before the kick-off, even if we were then hugely out-volumed by their Star Bungled Spanner
This is terrible, but I always forget that it's "God Save the Queen". The tune starts and I think to myself "My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing ..." and then I realize ... oh, that's not what they are singing.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Aljarov is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
This is terrible, but I always forget that it's "God Save the Queen". The tune starts and I think to myself "My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing ..." and then I realize ... oh, that's not what they are singing.
IOne of these days I'll learn the 'real' words to the Star Spangled Banner, which began life as a drinking song in Britain. I can't believe I've never taken that opportunity to get some good jive in.... Much like the plagiarized version of God Save the Queen....stole our tune and added new worsd.