The end ???

Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:53 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The end ???

Originally Posted by BigDavyG

I suppose that I'm going to look like a bit of a twat is things with her can be fixed - I'll have to rejoin expats under a new user name - but the reality is that that isn't going to happen I'm afraid
firstly, i just wanna say no you won't look like a twat, and we'd all be made up for you as long as it was the right thing for you, and you were happy... who hasn't said something and then changed their mind?

Apart from the fact that you probably feel like crap because of the relationship thing (*hug*), you can look at it as an opportunity... sometime's i dream about what i'd do and where i'd go in the states if i was free to do so.

have some fun

take care davy
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
.....and talking of plenty of fish in the sea.....you might catch one here!

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/

Thks. LOL.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: The end ???

Davy My Boy!

Get down to the "Elephant & Castle" on 111 W. Adams and have a few decent beers and think your next move through, very carefully.

Only you will know in your heart what your next move will be.

Best of Luck!

Jim.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:40 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Well, could this be it ??
Though I secured my green card under my own steam I primarily moved here to be with my USC girlfriend.
After a serious falling out at the weekend it looks like that is most likely over.

So what know ??
Well, the regulars on here will know that I'm currently job hunting as my current position sucks and I have been missing a lot of stuff about home.
The easiest thing for me to do now would be to move back home.
Obviously that would result in me losing my Green Card and the option to return to the US would not be available to me which makes any move back final - that would be it.

Any thoughts/opinions ??
Don't go. After all the hassle, stay and make up or find someone else. That's what I would do. This country's too big and has too much potential to be fun. Move to Miami and be a bartender - move to New Orleans and help out with the rebuilding.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
Move to Miami and be a bartender
and become a part time bank robber to be able to afford somewhere to live..
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Would some flowers and an "I'm Sorry" help, on your part????

Jim.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:07 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

In New York City there is apparently a ratio of 6 women to every man.

I'm sure your accent will beguile a few of them!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

mandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nice

Come back to California and stay longer this time! You've got friends out here who would probably love to have you around for a while. It usually helps if you remove yourself from the situation for a bit to get some perspective on it.

Sorry to hear that you're ending a relationship as it can be just so brutal, but being single's not so bad. I'm definitely enjoying it at the moment. Just think of all the possibilities. And, a man with an accent in the US is never without female attention!! Exploit it when you're ready!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

That's sad, Big Davy - so sorry to read your news.

As everyone already said, it's better not to rush into anything when you're still feeling raw. You'd get back to the UK and within weeks you'd wish you hadn't been so rash - I'd bet on it ! I'd probably go back at once in your situation, but I'm daft. I know it would be the wrong thing to do.

I hope you can find a compromise of sorts, to get you to the next chapter.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:25 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Would some flowers and an "I'm Sorry" help, on your part????

Jim.
I wish
Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:13 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear the bad news, mate. You must be feeling pretty crappy.

I agree with a couple of things that were said. One was about thoughts of going home being a "knee jerk" reaction. It's bloody hard to get into the US and you have a golden opportunity to get something positive out of the situation. Don't blow it by giving up your American dream too quickly.

Also, be good to yourself - go home for a break, or even go on a break somewhere else in the US.

If you truly came here for the opportunity (as well as the girl), then the opportunity is still there at the end of the day. You've got nothing to lose by trynig things by yourself, at least for a while. There must be someone out there looking to sub-lease a room for a few months. Finding somewhere to live isn't always easy, but we've all done it at some time and when you find somewhere at least that's a step in the right direction.

Good luck, whatever you decide, but don't decide too quickly.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

aznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond repute

Dave,

Sorry to hear your news, I came over here originally to be with my American wife. Things turned pear shaped for me too. I was left pretty much alone in a strange country, since most of my friends disappeared too. Anyway I did stick it out and am very glad I did. Not saying I didn't go through some rough times but I eventually found the light at the end of the tunnel not to mention a new fiancee. I can look back now and say that I am very glad I didn't take the easy out of jumping on the first flight home.
I know everyone's circumstances are different....just showing that you do still have a realistic option of making a life here.
If you wanna bounce off someone who has been through the same thing, feel free to answer this or PM me.
Best of luck mate, and don't make any snap decisions.
Graham
Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that things are a bit rough at the moment.

However, given your situation I think I would stick it out until you get your green card. Also would have to agree with others, get out of Hicksville and come and join those of us who live in civilisation in California.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:55 am
Account Closed

Perfumdiva1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The end ???

BigDavy

Dont give up your green card

A broken heart mends much quicker than a green card is approved

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but dont give up your card, we nearly did after a 4 year application and a bust up with DH's employer, and I had the house packed up ready to move in 10 days, (back to the UK with 2 kids and a dog), because we were angry, so we thought F..K you, we're OFF

But we calmed down, got the card, (we were only 4 weeks away from our card as it turned out), but we were ready to pack up and go

Take a deep breath and stay calm, and as I say, I dont know you, but this is good advice to anyone, as we were given it, although it was hard to swallow, just bide your time and something special will come your way (hopefully), and it may be a union with your now ex-girlfriend (or not)

Hope I havent over-stepped the mark

Just my thoughts and experiences

PD1 (damn I need a shorter name, I am thinking maybe just one vowel or something)
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

BDG I'm not going to give you any advice about staying here because I'm biased and can't wait to leave, but I just wanted to wish you all the best whatever you decide to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.