Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Emotional support... no specific question.

Emotional support... no specific question.

Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

nica is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Emotional support... no specific question.

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
G-1145 is for receiving notice from a lockbox facility that an application or petition has been accepted for processing. I.e. it has been received by the lockbox and on initial review it appears to be a complete application or petition. It's effectively an electronic version of the Receipt Notice (aka NOA1), but it cannot be used in place of the Receipt Notice when a copy of the Receipt Notice is required.

Subsequent notices will come from the Service Center to which the application or petition was sent for processing. To get e-mail notices about the status of the processing you will have to sign up as Rene suggested.

Regards, JEff
Good to know... thanks for the clarification!
Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No biggie - I just read the form instructions.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by nica
Good to know... thanks for the clarification!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this website for people who filed at the London consulate? Ours is at the California service center, so I'm guessing this doesn't apply. It'd be great to be able to have updates like that though!
Sorry, I assumed you had applied at the London embassy too....

That seems surprisingly fast... did you file at the London consulate as well?
I'm sure he applied at the London embassy too. The processing was relatively slow as they went through petitions filed at the end of April and most of May, then in one day they had processed petitions filed between the 3rd of June through to the 15th of June. I guess not many petitions were filed in that period so they were able to fly through them.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 4:04 am
Just Joined

juliaroberto is an unknown quantity at this point

That's awesome but i got indulged with my spouse and we got some sort of therapy << snip >> which helped but what about the habits to do

Last edited by Noorah101; Sep 22nd 2011 at 4:09 am. Reason: link removed by moderator
Old Sep 25th 2011, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

lorenei is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by emse
We sent the I-130 in jun. The day they filed it, was jun 13. And it was approved on the 23rd of aug. Still waiting for the case number..the letter said we ll have it in 3 weeks time. Looks like we have to wait a bit longer.
Mine was filed on July 6th, waiting for a letter in the post every day now since I saw that they were processing petitions filed on July 6th a few weeks ago now... hoping there isn't anything tricky about our case which makes it take longer than normal
Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Argh!

It's been 171 days since they received our I-130. Is that still a "normal" period of time? I know the average on the USCIS website is 5 months for the California Service Center, so we're well past that.

Is anybody else going through the same thing right now? Is there still a chance that this whole thing will be done in 8-10 months (I don't really have a solid understanding of how long the rest of it takes, once this is processed)?

My husband just left on Monday... he was here for ten days to be here with me for Christmas and New Years. It's the first time I've gotten to be in his physical presence since our honeymoon in early June. This whole immigration process is so brutal.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 5:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The 5 month average time posted on the USCIS web site has not changed for quite a long time, and coincidently it just happens to match what I understand is the target timeframe.

In any case, 171 days is 5.6 months so you are hardly "well past" the posted number.

Regards, JEff

It's been 171 days since they received our I-130. Is that still a "normal" period of time? I know the average on the USCIS website is 5 months for the California Service Center, so we're well past that.(
Old Jan 6th 2012, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

SomeBloke8895 is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed,

We filed our I-129F on August 17th, it was Approved 06/01/2012 (Yesterday).

As for the sadness and problems of being far away from the one you love, I'm having particular problems, as my Fiance and I both suffer from depression (mine brought about by an incident last May, her's on going)

It's really really difficult to keep going, but we know that the end is going to be worth it and we'll be happy together.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SomeBloke8895
Indeed,

We filed our I-129F on August 17th, it was Approved 06/01/2012 (Yesterday).
Congratulations on that part being over... do you feel more optimistic about the whole process now that the long waiting period is done?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

SomeBloke8895 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do yes, it's going to be slightly stressful getting to London though. As we'll be moving to Weymouth in the coming month or so, and it takes 5 hours by coach..

But, at least I have relatives in London to stay with.

It's been almost like a dream, this visa processing time, now the dream has ended and reality has kicked in.

Anyone, apologies for hijacking the thread :P
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SomeBloke8895
It's been almost like a dream, this visa processing time, now the dream has ended and reality has kicked in.

Anyone, apologies for hijacking the thread :P
Feels less like a dream and more like purgatory to me

I made this thread specifically so people could come complain/ask for support/etc without necessarily having a particular question about paperwork or whatever, so on the contrary, you're not hijacking anything!

I'd be interested to know how the next steps go... keep us updated!