Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Emotional support... no specific question.

Wikiposts

Emotional support... no specific question.

Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Emotional support... no specific question.

So... who else has pre-interview jitters? I know we have all the paperwork, etc. in hand and I know he's ready to go, but does anyone else worry about the dreaded Administrative Processing just coming out of thin air? I'm worried to death about it.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice

Originally Posted by nica
Haha... this made me imagine you both watching a horror film or mystery, and constantly spoiling it for each other by reacting to a scene 2 seconds before the other had a chance to see it. I can see how that would be extremely annoying!
Ha ha, yes, that would have been annoying! It was actually just an echo, but I prefer your version.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice

Originally Posted by katiekat
So... who else has pre-interview jitters? I know we have all the paperwork, etc. in hand and I know he's ready to go, but does anyone else worry about the dreaded Administrative Processing just coming out of thin air? I'm worried to death about it.
Yep, I'm worried, definitely. Even though I'm told that the K1 interview is nothing to fret over, and the fact that I've had my paperwork ready for months, I am still having the occasional butterflies/nervous adrenalin rush that I imagine will get more frequent as the date gets closer. :/
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by frambuesas
Yep, I'm worried, definitely. Even though I'm told that the K1 interview is nothing to fret over, and the fact that I've had my paperwork ready for months, I am still having the occasional butterflies/nervous adrenalin rush that I imagine will get more frequent as the date gets closer. :/
Yours is the 7th, right? My Fiancé's is the 12th... so not too far from one another. Let's hope that yours goes smoothly and ours follows right along! Hopefully all our worries will be for nothing.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

nica is on a distinguished road

Just passed the 60 day mark for the I-130 wait...

Has anybody just received their I-130 approval? If so, how long did it take you, and did you have to go through any RFEs?
Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Has anybody just received their I-130 approval? If so, how long did it take you, and did you have to go through any RFEs?
It took 150 days for our I-130 approval. No RFEs. But we were part of a batch sent to Rome for processing.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

150 days is typical, so you have another 90 days to go before you start wondering what happened to the I-130. If you get an RFE, processing times go out the window.

Rene
Old Sep 18th 2011, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

emse is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent the I-130 in jun. The day they filed it, was jun 13. And it was approved on the 23rd of aug. Still waiting for the case number..the letter said we ll have it in 3 weeks time. Looks like we have to wait a bit longer.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Our I-130 was filed on 6th June, 2011 and it was approved on 22nd August, 2011. Didn't actually receive the notice of approval in the mail till the 25th of August, 2011.

From what I've read on this forum it varies a lot. Some people seem to have them processed within 2 months while others seem to have to wait for 6 months.

You know the date your petition was filed so you should be able to check up on the dates they are currently processing on their website at the top right hand corner and that will give you a rough indication of how soon they might process yours.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
Our I-130 was filed on 6th June, 2011
You know the date your petition was filed so you should be able to check up on the dates they are currently processing on their website at the top right hand corner and that will give you a rough indication of how soon they might process yours.
Is this website for people who filed at the London consulate? Ours is at the California service center, so I'm guessing this doesn't apply. It'd be great to be able to have updates like that though!
Old Sep 19th 2011, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by emse
We sent the I-130 in jun. The day they filed it, was jun 13. And it was approved on the 23rd of aug. Still waiting for the case number..the letter said we ll have it in 3 weeks time. Looks like we have to wait a bit longer.
That seems surprisingly fast... did you file at the London consulate as well?
Old Sep 19th 2011, 2:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this website for people who filed at the London consulate? Ours is at the California service center, so I'm guessing this doesn't apply. It'd be great to be able to have updates like that though!
No, that link doesn't apply if you've filed the I-130 in the USA. You'll want to go to www.uscis.gov and check processing times over there. USCIS gives you their expected processing time (typically 5 months). You can also create an account over there and get email and/or text updates on your specific case, but they aren't 100% reliable.

Rene
Old Sep 20th 2011, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No, that link doesn't apply if you've filed the I-130 in the USA. You'll want to go to www.uscis.gov and check processing times over there. USCIS gives you their expected processing time (typically 5 months). You can also create an account over there and get email and/or text updates on your specific case, but they aren't 100% reliable.

Rene
Would this be the same information I'll receive anyway from having filled out the G-1145?
Old Sep 20th 2011, 4:59 am

Would this be the same information I'll receive anyway from having filled out the G-1145?
Probably. The G-1145 wasn't around when we were going through the immigration process, so I haven't kept up with that form.

Rene
Old Sep 20th 2011, 5:01 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

G-1145 is for receiving notice from a lockbox facility that an application or petition has been accepted for processing. I.e. it has been received by the lockbox and on initial review it appears to be a complete application or petition. It's effectively an electronic version of the Receipt Notice (aka NOA1), but it cannot be used in place of the Receipt Notice when a copy of the Receipt Notice is required.

Subsequent notices will come from the Service Center to which the application or petition was sent for processing. To get e-mail notices about the status of the processing you will have to sign up as Rene suggested.

Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Sep 20th 2011 at 5:04 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.