Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Emigrating for US Army

Wikiposts

Emigrating for US Army

Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Patrick
Is that a compliment! I don't bait people, I piss people off because I tell the truth and give the answer they don't really want to hear! And at least I am consistant (1400 posts of it)

Patrick
And we all thought you were the master baiter Patrick !

Jovially Yours
Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Army

Originally posted by MrsLondon
By 'best' I think ppl mean the British Army is the most professional. Unlike the US Army they are not always accidentally killing their allies in 'friendly fire' incidents. Remember the Canadians they killed in Afghanistan? Or the British they killed in Iraq? (Didn't recognise the Union Jack on the roof of the jeep--how dumb is that?)

I think there were a couple of incidents where British soldiers were accidentally killed by other British soldiers, I could be wrong, I just remember hearing something on the news about it. Anyway, yeah I know that American forces have a wee bit of trouble with enemy recognition, but I'm sure they'll improve with more actuall combat experience.

If you look at it on paper, the Nazis were probably better trained than most of the allied troops they were fighting against, but they still lost. Which is why I still think the Israeli commandos would beat an egual number of British commandos, they're battle hardened and far more determined. Especially when it comes to deasert combat, the Israeli commandos are the finest deasert combantants in existance.

Last edited by Jabba1; Oct 13th 2003 at 7:03 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 1:53 am
Only the Strong Survive

JerseyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just read the entire - thread. Hilarious!!!

Just two points - there are a number of places in the UK where you can't fly the flag as it is deemed to be racially provocative. Leicester is certainly one of them, and I remember during the last World Cup / Jubilee, where flags had to be taken down. That is also one of the reasons I came here, and listening to the Star Spangled Banner before every sporting event makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, even though it's not even my anthem. Maybe it's just because I've only been here a bit less than a year, or maybe just the strength, pride and feeling that Americans have for their country. In any case, it is something I don't detect in the UK.

Secondly, I think I'm correct in saying that you get automatic citizenship if you actually fight for the United States army, rather than just join them.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 2:09 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Fairy
What the **** is a 'mockney'?
a wannabe cockney.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by effi
Thanks for the compliment sweetie, one does ones best. Now lights out and go to sleep.

Any chanceof you spankng me if I'm up later than 6 pm Effi ????

Or am I being just too hopeful ?
Old Oct 14th 2003, 4:31 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick
Is that a compliment! I don't bait people, I piss people off because I tell the truth and give the answer they don't really want to hear! And at least I am consistant (1400 posts of it)

Does that mean Patrick you have actually been nice in 4 other posts???? )
Old Oct 14th 2003, 4:35 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by waxwabbit
Originally posted by Patrick

Does that mean Patrick you have actually been nice in 4 other posts???? )

I have 4 off days, I really must eat more raw meat and poke myself with a sharpened stick before coming on the ng

Patrick
Old Oct 14th 2003, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Any chanceof you spankng me if I'm up later than 6 pm Effi ????

Or am I being just too hopeful ?
Yeah, if you fancy going over a grandmas knee, come on over!
Old Jun 13th 2004, 9:15 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wessex flag

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
I cannot fly my Wessex flag from my property either...Ok mainly because I cannot find anyone that makes one damn it, but there ya go !
OK, this is an old post, but I found it while Googling "Wessex Flag".

Try going to www.hampshireflag.co.uk, clicking on "A-Z Flag List" then selecting "W". You have to scroll past a couple of Welsh dragons to get to it, but it's there.

Nick
North America contact, Wessex Society

Last edited by nxylas; Jun 13th 2004 at 9:19 am.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

abalbale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emigrating for US Army

Originally Posted by Fairy
Hey everyone, im currently a British citizen living in London, and i want to emigrate to the United States with the intention of joining the US Army. Ive emailed various recruiters within the US Army as they may be able to help me in some way, but im really confused about, well, everything. Could anyone please tell me(kinda step by step lol) how i'd go about doing this? Ive searched the forums and havent really found anything thats very helpful considering my overall goal. Any help would be really gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Aaron
Hi,

You cannot emigrate on the basis of joining us army. You have to be a permanent resident of the United States or Green card holder to join the army,navy,airforce or any other armed forces for that matter.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Please do bring up more 11 month old threads.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Army

Originally Posted by Jabba1
I think there were a couple of incidents where British soldiers were accidentally killed by other British soldiers, I could be wrong, I just remember hearing something on the news about it. Anyway, yeah I know that American forces have a wee bit of trouble with enemy recognition, but I'm sure they'll improve with more actuall combat experience.

If you look at it on paper, the Nazis were probably better trained than most of the allied troops they were fighting against, but they still lost. Which is why I still think the Israeli commandos would beat an egual number of British commandos, they're battle hardened and far more determined. Especially when it comes to deasert combat, the Israeli commandos are the finest deasert combantants in existance.
Are you taking piss? Israeli commandos were trained by British special forces, they tought them everything they know.

-tom
Old Dec 7th 2005, 12:52 pm
Sherlock's 2nd assistant

wolfe is an unknown quantity at this point

all right, this is my first post on this forum, so I'm going to try and make it a good one.

keep in mind that I'm not trying to bait anyone, or piss anyone off,
because I'm just a third-party bystander over here in U.S.A (thank god I'm not like a "U.S.A All The Way!! kind of person".)

Also, lots of these are fact-based opinions, meaning I probably don't have the whole inside story.

Lets start going down the line, addressing some older posts on this thread.

Before people start complaining about bringing up old posts, I'll just cut myself off from answering Fairy's first post.

Personally, I wouldnt have thought that the U.S. would let someone emigrate for the sole purpose of joining their armed forces. There again, with blood hungry G dummy and Rumsfeld in charge, who knows.
-Pimpbot

Even I know that Dubya has a political agenda, but I'm not sure it's necessarily bloodthirst. Hell, if it was, the U.S would have nuked the crap out of Iraq a looooooooong time ago. In my opinion, the reason the U.S is over in Iraq right now is because he's a cowboy and he's got a cowboy's pride. Now, I'm not sure what the equivalent to that is in Great Britain, but I know for a fact that he probably would hate to back down from anything. Pulling troops out of Iraq would feel exactly like that.

Add that to natural human behavior to deny that a decision you made was wrong, and you got a problem.

Next part, yes, it's already been posted that getting married to a U.S Citizen is a fast way to get a greencard (such is the reason there are mail-order bride companies from other countries). But I've recently learned that the only extremely fast way to become a U.S citizen is to be born in the U.S. which makes perfect sense (not sure if that's been posted, sorry if it has)

3rd part: Why would you want to join our military? I can think of a few reasons, such as being able to actually get into combat (I'm not saying thats a good or bad thing). The reason a country has a military is to defend it in case of attack by a hostile force. So naturally, every country in the world (yes, even Switzerland) needs every man and woman they can get their hands on to join their military to make sure that they are not helpless in case of attack. I mean, I myself don't give a f**k about of my government, it's leaders, or it's policies. I only have a desire to patriotically serve my country in any way I can. If that involves joining the military, so be it.

We are born in our country,

We fight for our country,

We die for our country.

This is the way of the patriot.

Now before I go on, remember I'm not trying to piss you off fairy, I'm just giving my honest opinion, which has no worth to anyone other then me.

Okay, next statement:

I remember earlier in the thread that somebody talked about how it was patriotic of people in the U.S. to fly the American flag around everywhere.

complete bullsh**

Are you all aware of the controversy that happened a while back when someone started burning the U.S. flag? yeah, that was an american doing that if I recall, not some religious nut who believed that westerners were all heathens. Even now, people argue about whether or not to pull our troops out of the war.

Here's the deal as I see it:

You don't get something (such as winning a war) done by debating the moral issues of it. You unite and work to finish it as quickly as possible.

Again, I hope I don't piss anyone off with what I've written, these are just things I've had a lot of time to think about, so here it is.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 12:58 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfe
all right, this is my first post on this forum, so I'm going to try and make it a good one.

keep in mind that I'm not trying to bait anyone, or piss anyone off,
because I'm just a third-party bystander over here in U.S.A (thank god I'm not like a "U.S.A All The Way!! kind of person".)

Also, lots of these are fact-based opinions, meaning I probably don't have the whole inside story.

Lets start going down the line, addressing some older posts on this thread.

Before people start complaining about bringing up old posts, I'll just cut myself off from answering Fairy's first post.

-Pimpbot

Even I know that Dubya has a political agenda, but I'm not sure it's necessarily bloodthirst. Hell, if it was, the U.S would have nuked the crap out of Iraq a looooooooong time ago. In my opinion, the reason the U.S is over in Iraq right now is because he's a cowboy and he's got a cowboy's pride. Now, I'm not sure what the equivalent to that is in Great Britain, but I know for a fact that he probably would hate to back down from anything. Pulling troops out of Iraq would feel exactly like that.

Add that to natural human behavior to deny that a decision you made was wrong, and you got a problem.

Next part, yes, it's already been posted that getting married to a U.S Citizen is a fast way to get a greencard (such is the reason there are mail-order bride companies from other countries). But I've recently learned that the only extremely fast way to become a U.S citizen is to be born in the U.S. which makes perfect sense (not sure if that's been posted, sorry if it has)

3rd part: Why would you want to join our military? I can think of a few reasons, such as being able to actually get into combat (I'm not saying thats a good or bad thing). The reason a country has a military is to defend it in case of attack by a hostile force. So naturally, every country in the world (yes, even Switzerland) needs every man and woman they can get their hands on to join their military to make sure that they are not helpless in case of attack. I mean, I myself don't give a f**k about of my government, it's leaders, or it's policies. I only have a desire to patriotically serve my country in any way I can. If that involves joining the military, so be it.

We are born in our country,

We fight for our country,

We die for our country.

This is the way of the patriot.

Now before I go on, remember I'm not trying to piss you off fairy, I'm just giving my honest opinion, which has no worth to anyone other then me.

Okay, next statement:

I remember earlier in the thread that somebody talked about how it was patriotic of people in the U.S. to fly the American flag around everywhere.

complete bullsh**

Are you all aware of the controversy that happened a while back when someone started burning the U.S. flag? yeah, that was an american doing that if I recall, not some religious nut who believed that westerners were all heathens. Even now, people argue about whether or not to pull our troops out of the war.

Here's the deal as I see it:

You don't get something (such as winning a war) done by debating the moral issues of it. You unite and work to finish it as quickly as possible.

Again, I hope I don't piss anyone off with what I've written, these are just things I've had a lot of time to think about, so here it is.
Just a small point, but pertinent...

This thread was started over 2 years ago. It hasn't been active in over a year. It's quite possible that the people you have responded to are no longer around on the forum. Any people who have joined since this thread was started (e.g. myself) are not going to bother reading through 6 pages in order to find out what the heck you are going on about.

In other words, a better first post might have been "Hello, I'm new here. Please be gentle with me."

Each to their own. Welcome to the forum anyhow.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 1:01 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfe
Blimey, this is old.

Nice first post, I still don't see why he wants to join the US Military. The UK has over 9,000 troops in Iraq, he's be much better off joining the British army!

PS and I forgive you Doctor Scrumpy for taking the piss out of the Queens Regiment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.