Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Emigrating for US Army

Wikiposts

Emigrating for US Army

Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:02 am
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by Fairy
Now, knowing that i live in one of the 'not-so-nice' parts of the country(Dagenham, a few miles from me was recently voted 41st worst place to live in Britain), surely is a good enough reason to want to get the hell out. To be frank, and describing it in the nicest way possible, Romford is a shit hole. Yes, if you havent visited Essex lately ScarlettHill, refugees have flocked there, and there are alot more black people, which creates the problem with religious differences(im not stereotyping here), which moved onto complaints about English people flying the flag(not quite sure how flying our own damn flag is racist, but oh well). Patrick- the way Britain is going, im not sure why anyone would want to fly the UJ or St.GC, and trust me, i have no idea why anyone would want to live here.

Aaron
Oh I don't know. You just described a rather interesting multicultural place. Looks like Essex is looking up!

With any luck, they may decide to pass a new rule soon that means rascists have to go elsewhere! Course, I wouldn't bet on having a good time in the US army with that kind of attitude...

Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Fairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not racist, and was not trying to sound racist in that post, i was just giving the truthful reason as to why the flags cant be flown anymore. Seeing as about 50% of my local population is of a different skin colour, and a high percentage of them being of a different religion to me, even if i chose to be prejudice against them, id be dead. Hmm...multicultral- no, Kosovan gangs mugging pensioners- yes. Now, after having previous arguments and now you suggesting im racist, let me clear a few things up. This topic was created as i needed advice- i dont think how tough i am, what religion i follow, what colour my skin is, how i lean politically or even wether or not im racist matters.

Aaron

Last edited by Fairy; Oct 11th 2003 at 7:10 am.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Miztiki is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure why everyone is giving you such a hard time. I don't have a clue how you would go about joining the US Military but I'm sure a recruiter would be the best place to start.

I'm really curious as to why you would want to join the US Military though. Is it because you want to be a part of the most powerful fighting force in the world, or is it because you want to fight terrorism or is it because you want to use that as a way to become a US citizen or...? You don't have to answer if you don't want to as your reasons were not what prompted you to start this thread, but I'm intrigued. Either way, if you do succeed in joining, I wish you the best.

My fiance is in Iraq right now visiting his family. He hasn't been there in 21 years and he very much appreciates what the US and British Military have made possible for him, so remember that if you do join.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Yeah, i thought recruiters would be a good idea, but im having alot of trouble finding contact information for overseas recruiters. Thanks for posting

Aaron
Old Oct 11th 2003, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Miztiki
I'm really curious as to why you would want to join the US Military though. Is it because you want to be a part of the most powerful fighting force in the world

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Funny as anything.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Great, another super helpful reply.

Aaron
Old Oct 11th 2003, 8:47 am

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Great, another super helpful reply.

Aaron

Sorry Aaron... but I have to ask, why Fairy?
Old Oct 11th 2003, 8:47 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Why not simply try international directory enquiries and call a recruiter?

I spoke to a friend who is ex US army and he says that you need to have a legal form of resident status then you can apply.

So it is the usual rules of moving to the US before you can be employed.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 9:11 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, i thought recruiters would be a good idea, but im having alot of trouble finding contact information for overseas recruiters. Thanks for posting

Aaron
Why not just email again..to both the home and european recruiters... if no response you have your answer.
http://www.goarmy.com/contact/emailus.htm

overseas recruiters http://www.goarmy.com/contact/arosmail2.asp

Last edited by ray6; Oct 11th 2003 at 10:17 am.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Miztiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Funny as anything.
Like us or not, it's a fact. Do I detect a little penis envy?
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:18 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I can't really contribute to the question, so sorry, but I do have a question of my own - Occupational hazard/requriement of joining an army, any army (even if you're in say the catering corps) is that you may be put in a position to kill or be killed yeah?

So why do the US Army restrict you from owning a gun? How are you supposed to kill folk? Or is it OK to use the guns they lend you but not to buy one for yourself? The voting bit I understand if you're not a citizen, but the gun bit seemed odd....
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:24 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very easy question to answer. Armies are trained to fight and soldiers are trained to kill. You have to keep an army and its soldiers aggressive even during peace time. You also have to control this aggressiveness or you would have a mayem.

Not letting soldiers, who you have made aggressive, have guns is fine by me or you would would these highly trained, highly aggressive guys wanting to kill things and having the means to do it. Its a bit like giving a jock alcohol!

Patrick

Originally posted by Yorkieabroad
I can't really contribute to the question, so sorry, but I do have a question of my own - Occupational hazard/requriement of joining an army, any army (even if you're in say the catering corps) is that you may be put in a position to kill or be killed yeah?

So why do the US Army restrict you from owning a gun? How are you supposed to kill folk? Or is it OK to use the guns they lend you but not to buy one for yourself? The voting bit I understand if you're not a citizen, but the gun bit seemed odd....

Last edited by Patrick; Oct 11th 2003 at 10:29 am.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

The most powerful fighting force in the world? I though that was the Hollywood Screen Actors Guild.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:25 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jabba1
The most powerful fighting force in the world? I though that was the Hollywood Screen Actors Guild.
Or the NRA
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:41 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

You offering to buy me a drink Patrick? I can get Tony to come along also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.