Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Emergency Passport Requirements

Emergency Passport Requirements

Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emergency Passport Requirements

Originally Posted by Spasticrhino
It looks like I may be needing an emergency passport also as my application for a passport was received in Washington on May13th but my cc has not been charged yet and I doubt I will receive my passport by July 11th when I am supposed to leave to the U.K. So will the emergency passport grant me admission back to the U.S with my greencard.?

cheers
yes, all you need to enter the US is your greencard anyway.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Spasticrhino is an unknown quantity at this point

After reading all the posts here, looks like an ETD is the only way to go as long as I can get back into USA with it, with my green card..
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

tomlancaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spasticrhino
After reading all the posts here, looks like an ETD is the only way to go as long as I can get back into USA with it, with my green card..
I am trying to book an appointment to get my ETD but I keep getting a message informing me that the consulate in LA is closed. The opening hour are 830-1230. Can anyone help me book this appointment is there a different number other than (310) 481 0031. I am due to fly home on Monday and have no passport!!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

dukestravels1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I need to apply for an emergency passport, but the site doesnt say what "evidence" they need? All it is is a pdf form and go to the consulate. Its 500 miles away, I dont even know what number to call to get the info. Anyone know what evidence they need for a wedding?
Old Apr 16th 2012, 3:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dukestravels1972
Hi. I need to apply for an emergency passport, but the site doesnt say what "evidence" they need? All it is is a pdf form and go to the consulate. Its 500 miles away, I dont even know what number to call to get the info. Anyone know what evidence they need for a wedding?
An emergency is what ever an emergency is for you.

Money and proof of who you are as they ask in the form is all you need, but plenty of threads on BE going over peoples experience from last summer.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
An emergency is what ever an emergency is for you.

Money and proof of who you are as they ask in the form is all you need, but plenty of threads on BE going over peoples experience from last summer.
Bob. Thanks for the info mate. The helpline is worthless.
So I just need to fill out the PDF and go there with money, old passport etc? Or do I need an appointment?
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

At the top of this forum's index page you will find a stickied thread titled UK Passport applications/renewals/replacements etc. I have provided useful links in the thread re PPs...one of which is from Dean, British Consul regarding Emergency PPs.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
At the top of this forum's index page you will find a stickied thread titled UK Passport applications/renewals/replacements etc. I have provided useful links in the thread re PPs...one of which is from Dean, British Consul regarding Emergency PPs.
Hi. I actually went through it and also did a search and most of it is vaguely related to my situation. One is from 2009 and has conflicting info from what another poster said. One says the passport is good for 48hrs and only one way, not return. another says its good for 5 trips. 5 trips in the same timeframe? Is it really only valid for 48 hrs? Id have to buy the plane ticket now adn hope that they give me the passport 2 days before the flight...seems very very risky. Do they guarantee the passport?
Old Apr 16th 2012, 5:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I actually went through it and also did a search and most of it is vaguely related to my situation. One is from 2009 and has conflicting info from what another poster said. One says the passport is good for 48hrs and only one way, not return. another says its good for 5 trips. 5 trips in the same timeframe? Is it really only valid for 48 hrs? Id have to buy the plane ticket now adn hope that they give me the passport 2 days before the flight...seems very very risky. Do they guarantee the passport?
My money would be on what Dean, British Consul has posted vs was other people have posted. He should know...after all he is a British Consul. AFAIK an emergency passport is just that...to be used for an emergency trip back to the UK.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Emergency Passport Requirements

You will need an appointment for an Emergency Travel Document. Call one of our offices for further information: http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/about-u...port-locations

Dean
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by British Consul
You will need an appointment for an Emergency Travel Document. Call one of our offices for further information: http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/about-u...port-locations

Dean
Thanks Dean. I've tried to contact the closest to me. I get directed to a number that directs me to an answer machine. I left a message yesterday, no one called back.

Can you just confirm the following information for me:

The passport expires 48hrs after it is issued?. Therefore if I needed to be in the UK on the 19th of May, I'd be better having my flight leave from the city where my appointment occurs either on the same day as the appointment or the next day? So, if appointment was for the 17th, I should make my flight early on the 18th?

Also. If I have everything they ask for, old passport, photos, no outstanding criminal citations etc and money, there should be no reason I'd be turned down correct?

I know there are never guarantees. I'm just trying to not waste $1500 on flights and expenditures.

Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

I don't know why you keep deleting my posts. The "helpline" and website DOES NOT WORK. I got directed to a rude as hell woman in England who told me she'd call me back tomorrow. all i want to do is talk to someone in San Francisco about setting up the appointment. If you don't know the answer, just ognore it. Someone will know. DONT DELETE MY VALID POSTS.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I don't know why you keep deleting my posts. The "helpline" and website DOES NOT WORK. I got directed to a rude as hell woman in England who told me she'd call me back tomorrow. all i want to do is talk to someone in San Francisco about setting up the appointment. If you don't know the answer, just ognore it. Someone will know. DONT DELETE MY VALID POSTS.
It really helps if we know who you are replying to.

My guess is that your posts have not been deleted. They probably contain a link and because you are a new member your posts have been held in our spam filter.

If you want help from us it would be helpful if you were not rude and there is no need to shout. Thanks.

Thanks Dean. I've tried to contact the closest to me. I get directed to a number that directs me to an answer machine. I left a message yesterday, no one called back.

Can you just confirm the following information for me:

The passport expires 48hrs after it is issued?. Therefore if I needed to be in the UK on the 19th of May, I'd be better having my flight leave from the city where my appointment occurs either on the same day as the appointment or the next day? So, if appointment was for the 17th, I should make my flight early on the 18th?

Also. If I have everything they ask for, old passport, photos, no outstanding criminal citations etc and money, there should be no reason I'd be turned down correct?

I know there are never guarantees. I'm just trying to not waste $1500 on flights and expenditures.

Any info appreciated. Thanks.
I think all your question have been answered in the link I mentioned earlier.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No-one has deleted your posts.
Because you are a new user and your posts contained a uRL they were submitted for approval by a moderator. This is done to prevent spammers posting on the forum, and a message would have been displayed to you to say that your posts were awaiting approval.

As you can see, your posts are now visible as they have been reviewed and I have approved them.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi. Sorry. Did not realise they were held for moderation.
Im just frustrated. The phone system for passport information feels like a bloody time warp from 1973. One woman in england dealing with emergency passports in the united states? Its laughable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.