Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

embassy interview

embassy interview

Old May 12th 2004, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

buzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nice
Default Re: embassy interview

Originally posted by JJ1
Hi Buzzz,

I went to the Embassy on Monday for an L1 interview, they won't let you in more than half an hour before the appointment, once in you pay £10 for a courier service to send the passports back and then queue up for a ticket. Once you have the ticket take a seat it takes approx 90mins and then they will call out your number, ask you a few questions and thats about it.

Good Luck

Regards
JJ

P.S. If you have children under 16 they do not need to attend, especially if they are under 6 as there is nothing there to entertain them.

P.S.S. Half the Liverpool football team were there when I went they must be off to the USA for a tour.
Hi JJ,

Thanks for that, very reassuring! My son will be thrilled to bits if LFC are doing a tour.
Old May 14th 2004, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

scubadude is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi..

I just had confirmation from my attourney that I have H1B visa approval. I have spoken to US embassy in London and its too early yet to arrange interview as my visa is set for an Oct 1st start. they told me to call back sometime near end of june to arrange.
What sort of questions do they ask you on the interview?.
I read somewhere that if they ask you if you intend to stay in the US then you have to lie and say that at some stage you are going back to live in the UK.
Has anybody else been asked this sort of question?.

Thanks
Old May 14th 2004, 12:50 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scubadude
Hi..

I just had confirmation from my attourney that I have H1B visa approval. I have spoken to US embassy in London and its too early yet to arrange interview as my visa is set for an Oct 1st start. they told me to call back sometime near end of june to arrange.
What sort of questions do they ask you on the interview?.
I read somewhere that if they ask you if you intend to stay in the US then you have to lie and say that at some stage you are going back to live in the UK.
Has anybody else been asked this sort of question?.

Thanks
good stuff son.

the H1B is a non immigratant intent visa.
so yeah, you have to lie if they ask.
Old May 14th 2004, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice
Default Embassy interview

With H1B you are allowed to have immigrant intent, although it is a temporary visa. Lie if you must, but I don't think there is any need.

I found the Embassy experience quite good and friendly - had a small chat with the official who interviewed me about where she was from in the US!

Just make sure you know exactly what you will be doing for your company that have hired you, and your relevant experience. As for the boredom of waiting - a good magazine or something would do the trick. I found myself reading anything and everything just for something to do!
Old May 14th 2004, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

scubadude is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info guys..