Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

embassy interview

embassy interview

Old May 10th 2004, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

buzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nice
Default embassy interview

Hi all,
My hubby has his Embassy interview at the end of the month. We all have to trail down (L1 L2). The appointment is at 1pm. Should we travel the night before and get in line extra early or would we be ok getting the train down on that morning?
Old May 10th 2004, 8:40 pm
Yorkshire/London/Miami

Dufus is an unknown quantity at this point

where are you travelling from ?

and do you really want to put your future in the hands of the train service ?

I would travel down the night before.
Old May 10th 2004, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

buzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nice

Originally posted by Dufus
where are you travelling from ?

and do you really want to put your future in the hands of the train service ?

I would travel down the night before.
Fair point well made Dufus. We are travelling down from Liverpool station. I think we best go down the night before. What time do you think we should join the queue?
Old May 10th 2004, 8:48 pm
Yorkshire/London/Miami

Dufus is an unknown quantity at this point

In that case i would go the night before for sure

Not sure, if your interview is at 1pm, probably not much point getting there much before say 12:00.

Take an umbrella, i didn't and got soaked. You, might be lucky though.

Best of Luck
Old May 10th 2004, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Dufus
In that case i would go the night before for sure

Not sure, if your interview is at 1pm, probably not much point getting there much before say 12:00.

Take an umbrella, i didn't and got soaked. You, might be lucky though.

Best of Luck

Cheers thanks a lot!
Old May 11th 2004, 12:00 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by buzzz
Fair point well made Dufus. We are travelling down from Liverpool station. I think we best go down the night before. What time do you think we should join the queue?
If you have an appointment you shouldn't have to join the queue, go straight to the front and show your letter to security. At least that was the case in February 2003 when I went for my visa. Your appointment letter should say something about not queueing.
Old May 11th 2004, 12:26 am
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by DaveC
If you have an appointment you shouldn't have to join the queue, go straight to the front and show your letter to security. At least that was the case in February 2003 when I went for my visa. Your appointment letter should say something about not queueing.

the US embassy does not let visa applicants into the embassy without an appointment. maybe you got a special letter. what visa did you apply for?
Old May 11th 2004, 6:14 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always anal about any INS appointment. I always go the night before and find a hotel a couple of blocks away so that I know I'm there on time.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Old May 12th 2004, 8:01 pm
JJ1
Just Joined

JJ1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: embassy interview

Hi all,
My hubby has his Embassy interview at the end of the month. We all have to trail down (L1 L2). The appointment is at 1pm. Should we travel the night before and get in line extra early or would we be ok getting the train down on that morning?
Hi Buzzz,

I went to the Embassy on Monday for an L1 interview, they won't let you in more than half an hour before the appointment, once in you pay £10 for a courier service to send the passports back and then queue up for a ticket. Once you have the ticket take a seat it takes approx 90mins and then they will call out your number, ask you a few questions and thats about it.

Good Luck

Regards
JJ
Old May 12th 2004, 8:02 pm
JJ1
Just Joined

Hi all,
Hi Buzzz,

I went to the Embassy on Monday for an L1 interview, they won't let you in more than half an hour before the appointment, once in you pay £10 for a courier service to send the passports back and then queue up for a ticket. Once you have the ticket take a seat it takes approx 90mins and then they will call out your number, ask you a few questions and thats about it.

Good Luck

Regards
JJ

P.S. If you have children under 16 they do not need to attend, especially if they are under 6 as there is nothing there to entertain them.

P.S.S. Half the Liverpool football team were there when I went they must be off to the USA for a tour.
Old May 12th 2004, 8:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JJ1
Hi Buzzz,

once in you pay £10 for a courier service to send the passports back and then queue up for a ticket
Good Luck

Regards
JJ

Who got that little business then?
Old May 12th 2004, 8:16 pm
JJ1
Just Joined

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Who got that little business then?
Some firm called VDS !!!! Visa Delivery Service

I then had to lay out $210 for the L2 for my wife and daugter
Handing money out like a man with 6 arms
Old May 12th 2004, 8:19 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JJ1

Well if you want me to carry your passport around the airport I'm available.
Old May 12th 2004, 8:22 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by JJ1

i'd claim back from my employer. thats what i did. though it cost 375 bucks for me only. 275 bucks reciprocating fee. i just laughed when they told me to pay. didnt expect it. thats when the company card comes in handy
Old May 12th 2004, 8:35 pm
JJ1
Just Joined

Originally posted by Gross50
i'd claim back from my employer. thats what i did. though it cost 375 bucks for me only. 275 bucks reciprocating fee. i just laughed when they told me to pay. didnt expect it. thats when the company card comes in handy
Oh and the £65 each for the application fee that has to be paid before you go for the interview.

Company will pick up the bill, but won't let me loose with a Company Credit Card, no idea why

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.