Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Election Results

Election Results

Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election Results

Originally Posted by Manc
not while he is hunting grouse, you're liable to be shot in the face.
Gah, I forgot about that :scared:
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:13 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line is that the Republicans have failed to do a God Damn thing except turn a resounding military victory into an ever increasing loss. We have increased the size of Gov't at a faster pace than any Lib ever could have hoped to, dumped trillions into security while leaving our borders so insecure that 2 million people cross almost at will every year- even though 80% of the US supports a fence and other major impediments to their being employed seemingly at will by American companies. They have voted in the biggest increase in Medicare spending in 30 years thru the Prescription drug plans...which are so complicated that 25% of those eligible have not even signed up- AND in the same legislation specifically prohibited the US Government (the largest buyer of prescription meds in the WORLD!) from negotiating purchase agreements/reduced prices for prescription meds. They have been caught with their hands in the till (or on teenagers asses) and have become as corrupt as any Congress has been in a long time (though honesty and integrety hardly seem to be either party's strong suit...they were caught because they were in the positions of control...period. They all are crooks). They have enacted the No Child Left Behind act...which increases the amount of admin staff and reporting...but does not put a single teacher in front of students, or build a single new school.

People complain about do nothing Congress'... hell, that would have been better that what they have done for 6 years.

I hope this is a wake up call for the non-Kristian Kook, social/fiscally conservatives out there...if there are any any more.

*rant over*
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:17 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Bottom line is that the Republicans have failed to do a God Damn thing except turn a resounding military victory into an ever increasing loss.
the biggest pro USA sentiment across the world immediately post 9-11 into the most global anti USA sentiment across the world.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:20 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
the biggest pro USA sentiment across the world immediately post 9-11 into the most global anti USA sentiment across the world.
World??/ What's that? Do you mean there are other countries out there, and they don't agree with our actions?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:21 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

World??/ What's that? Do you mean there are other countries out there, and they don't agree with our actions?
freedom fries......
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:12 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe number one got voted down in this state...to allow grocery stores to sell wine...and by quite a bit....what a twonker of a state, those people should be tarred, feathered and whipped with a silly stick before being shot

But at least Deval Patrick beat that bird....first dem in 20 odd years and apparently first black bloke to get the spot around here apparently...but then I see the useless twonker in maine got back in, pillocks.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:37 am
Maño-Americano

Originally Posted by Bob
I can't believe number one got voted down in this state...to allow grocery stores to sell wine...and by quite a bit....what a twonker of a state, those people should be tarred, feathered and whipped with a silly stick before being shot

But at least Deval Patrick beat that bird....first dem in 20 odd years and apparently first black bloke to get the spot around here apparently...but then I see the useless twonker in maine got back in, pillocks.
What about t he poor Catholic Churches that sudddenly discover that they are out of 'The Blood of Christ' on sunday mornings??? Welch's?? I thought Taxechussets was more progressive thatn that- hell, even in AL (our town at least) you can buy vino after 1:00pm Sunday.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What about t he poor Catholic Churches that sudddenly discover that they are out of 'The Blood of Christ' on sunday mornings??? Welch's?? I thought Taxechussets was more progressive thatn that- hell, even in AL (our town at least) you can buy vino after 1:00pm Sunday.
groceries stores can't sell hard booze, beer or wine, with the exception that a grocery store can have one chain sell wine/beer per county I think, or something like that, but the area they serve has to be quite large and the grocery store has to have a turn over of such an amount which is quite high...so bloomin' hard to get booze in this state....right pain in the arse...who'd have thought eh....but then the state is also really very conservative too.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I can't believe number one got voted down in this state...to allow grocery stores to sell wine...and by quite a bit....what a twonker of a state, those people should be tarred, feathered and whipped with a silly stick before being shot .
Sorry about that...I'm surprised it got voted down. I guess they're old fashioned enough to want some things to remain the same.

We got caught out a few years ago when we were here on hols. We stopped off to buy some alcohol for a party or such, but it was a Sunday, and there were special rules...but it was NY Eve! What a pain.

One should at least be able to buy wine at the grocery...
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:46 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line is that the Republicans have failed to do a God Damn thing except turn a resounding military victory into an ever increasing loss. We have increased the size of Gov't at a faster pace than any Lib ever could have hoped to, dumped trillions into security while leaving our borders so insecure that 2 million people cross almost at will every year- even though 80% of the US supports a fence and other major impediments to their being employed seemingly at will by American companies. They have voted in the biggest increase in Medicare spending in 30 years thru the Prescription drug plans...which are so complicated that 25% of those eligible have not even signed up- AND in the same legislation specifically prohibited the US Government (the largest buyer of prescription meds in the WORLD!) from negotiating purchase agreements/reduced prices for prescription meds. They have been caught with their hands in the till (or on teenagers asses) and have become as corrupt as any Congress has been in a long time (though honesty and integrety hardly seem to be either party's strong suit...they were caught because they were in the positions of control...period. They all are crooks). They have enacted the No Child Left Behind act...which increases the amount of admin staff and reporting...but does not put a single teacher in front of students, or build a single new school.

People complain about do nothing Congress'... hell, that would have been better that what they have done for 6 years.

I hope this is a wake up call for the non-Kristian Kook, social/fiscally conservatives out there...if there are any any more.

*rant over*
And you are a Republican........... why?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by jen_andreson
Sorry about that...I'm surprised it got voted down. I guess they're old fashioned enough to want some things to remain the same.
aye, all the issues up on the ballot got voted down...but this wine one was the one I cared about
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:23 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Being a total twat
Very logical and well thought out
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:26 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
And what are you doing in this post?
I'm sorry I didn't realise I needed an invite???.......... Exercising my first ammendment rights if that's okay with you?

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Nov 8th 2006 at 11:32 am.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:45 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Google it you doofus.

Originally Posted by Leslie66
What does munter mean? Ugly?!?!!? or wasted??

I'm probably both at any given moment.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:51 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

you mean they voted down the person that would allow you to buy wine at your local supermarket I guess you need condolences now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.