Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Election Results

Wikiposts

Election Results

Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:22 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election Results

Originally Posted by Sally
But Gay Marriage doesn't.
yeah but who gives a toss, I know I don't there are far more important things going on.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:32 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
yeah but who gives a toss, I know I don't there are far more important things going on.
Exactly. So why exactly did the Republican administration sidetrack the entire country, cause unnecessary divisiveness and bog down the American voters with such a non-issue?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

"Election Spawns New Hope for Tech

...Wired News assesses the results from races deemed important because of their probable impact in several major areas, including stem-cell research, climate change, privacy and security, intellectual property and the gaming industry...."

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0...l?tw=rss.index

Kind of interesting read on what the change in the house could mean and all that fun stuff...
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Bottom line is that the Republicans have failed to do a God Damn thing except turn a resounding military victory into an ever increasing loss. We have increased the size of Gov't at a faster pace than any Lib ever could have hoped to, dumped trillions into security while leaving our borders so insecure that 2 million people cross almost at will every year- even though 80% of the US supports a fence and other major impediments to their being employed seemingly at will by American companies. They have voted in the biggest increase in Medicare spending in 30 years thru the Prescription drug plans...which are so complicated that 25% of those eligible have not even signed up- AND in the same legislation specifically prohibited the US Government (the largest buyer of prescription meds in the WORLD!) from negotiating purchase agreements/reduced prices for prescription meds. They have been caught with their hands in the till (or on teenagers asses) and have become as corrupt as any Congress has been in a long time (though honesty and integrety hardly seem to be either party's strong suit...they were caught because they were in the positions of control...period. They all are crooks). They have enacted the No Child Left Behind act...which increases the amount of admin staff and reporting...but does not put a single teacher in front of students, or build a single new school.

People complain about do nothing Congress'... hell, that would have been better that what they have done for 6 years.

I hope this is a wake up call for the non-Kristian Kook, social/fiscally conservatives out there...if there are any any more.

*rant over*
You know I love you even though you're a Republican.

Please tell me which "resounding military victory" you are referring to here?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:38 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Exactly. So why exactly did the Republican administration sidetrack the entire country, cause unnecessary divisiveness and bog down the American voters with such a non-issue?
Slight exaggeration there Leslie, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Democratic party but how many people actually feel bogged down?!?!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:39 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
A legal marriage is different from a religious ceremony. However, saying that leads to a "witch hunt".
I'm not married so I'm a bigger rebel
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:44 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell me which "resounding military victory" you are referring to here?
I think that it's fairly apparent that US (and what little coalition there was) did win the initial conventional war against the Iraqi military. The military was defeated, the government eliminated and capital occupied in but three weeks' time.

What the administration lost was the subsequent guerilla war against the various factions who sought to fill the power vacuum created by the ouster of Saddam. Creating this vacuum was an egregious error that has resulted in the horrendous defeat that Bush, Rummy et. al. have attempted to spin since that ill-fated "Mission Accomplished" event aboard that aircraft carrier.

Personally, I'd blame Rumsfeld and his lackey Bremer, for decommissioning the Iraqi army instead of building alliances within it and putting it to work. The end result was to put thousands of well-armed, pissed-off unemployed guys with weapons training onto the streets, and in search of a paycheck and leadership. The Bushbots snatched defeat from their own jaws of victory.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:52 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

It clearly is not a non-issue to a lot of people, otherwise politicians would not have chosen to exploit it.....that is how their mind's (or whatever it is they have between their ears) work.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:54 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I'm not married so I'm a bigger rebel
Crazy b'stard, but I didn't wear my seat belt on the way to the train station today AND I left work 5 minutes early - beat that you square.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:22 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Well done Pensylvannia.............Santorum, gone...........
According to AP right now, and Reuters, the Dems have taken the Senate.

Reuters says that the Montana GOP senator is contesting the election.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:24 pm
WTF?

Slight exaggeration there Leslie, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Democratic party but how many people actually feel bogged down?!?!
Me for one !!

The gay marriage issue strikes too close to home for me.

I've never seen such a fiasco related to same sex marriages as I have within the last few years. Prior to the Bush administration interjecting itself into the situation ........ this was and ALWAYS HAS BEEN a states right/vote. Each state regulates and answers their constituency with regard to same sex marriage. Bush tried to change the bleeding bugger bollocky Constitution to make it a federal issue. That is wrong and bad and horrible. I never dreamed in my lifetime I would see my own country slide so low into the pit.

I am completely bogged down by the gay marriage issue and will not be happy until this travesty has been righted.

Any other questions?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:25 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by TRPardoe

Woo ******g Hoooo!!!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TRPardoe

History dictates that what we have here is 2 years of a 'lame duck' president
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:44 pm
Banned

Me for one !!

The gay marriage issue strikes too close to home for me.

I've never seen such a fiasco related to same sex marriages as I have within the last few years. Prior to the Bush administration interjecting itself into the situation ........ this was and ALWAYS HAS BEEN a states right/vote. Each state regulates and answers their constituency with regard to same sex marriage. Bush tried to change the bleeding bugger bollocky Constitution to make it a federal issue. That is wrong and bad and horrible. I never dreamed in my lifetime I would see my own country slide so low into the pit.

I am completely bogged down by the gay marriage issue and will not be happy until this travesty has been righted.

Any other questions?
Yawn.......... it's all been done before by the Romans and Alexander the Great This is about tax rights and political agendas by both sides
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:46 pm
WTF?

Yawn.......... it's all been done before by the Romans and Alexander the Great This is about tax rights and political agendas by both sides
So what is your point then?!?!? Do you have anything to add?

PS - Shut up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.