Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Election Results

Election Results

Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:22 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election Results

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
Isn't it about time that Texas seceded from the Union? I think they retained the right to do so.
Old myths die hard. Texas did reserve the right to split into five states, however.

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/texas.asp
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Ohio did alright, although I know a few people who had some problems voting.

You need to check the wording of the "gay marriage" issue. The one that passed in OH a couple of years back took away more rights from unmarried heterosexual couples than it did for gay ones.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:07 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
What utter and complete bollocks!

Marriage has its roots in things financial and political. Keeping dosh in the family and ensuring good connections. It also gave men a better chance of bringing up heirs who were directly related to them

All that romance and lovey-dovey things - and religion - came much later.

But I expect the rest of you knew all that already. Not sure why I bother to try and educate this Tw*t...
Oh - I see munter number 3 turned up - the coven is complete.
I've taken the liberty of highlighting the sentence that shows your argument up for the tosh that it is - 'bringing up heirs' - err how do you suppose a gay couple would be able to produce heirs or have a family line ??

I know you like to appear trendy and stuff but it perplexes me why you constantly allow this to override your common sense. Maybe you should stick to opera

As for the other 2 - well neither has the brainpower to grasp any form of coherent argument - that's why they are on ignore - but they can't even grasp that concept and continue to stalk me round these boards.
No doubt I have been accused of being anti-gay by these posts - I'd like to see how they work that one out but I won't hold my breath.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:11 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
This is your philosophy w/regard to gay marriage - that is understood.

The more important question is ........ Is this an issue you base your choice of candidates upon?
Nope.
To be honest if I had the right to vote in this country I would most likely abstain - the Reps have been proven to be liars, cheats and a general embarrassment and the Dems remind me of the lib-dems back home just standing their slating the opposition with no recognisable, sensible policies of their own.

As for all the negative campaigning - that's most likely because even the parties themselves couldn't think of anything decent to say about their own candidates.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:13 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
LA LA LA LA LA LA <fingers in ears> I can't hear you!
then how did you type??
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Election Results

Originally Posted by Manc
Well done Pensylvannia.............Santorum, gone...........
Republican Charlie Crist got in as Florida Governor. His opponent had no chance, being seen as a do nothing Congressman who hardly turned up for work. He also did'nt have the resorces that Crist did, $20 million as opposed to $7 million.

We will now see if the new Governor keeps his word about property insurance and raising the threshold for Homestead. I am not hopeful.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:29 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
We will now see if the new Governor keeps his word about property insurance and raising the threshold for Homestead. I am not hopeful.
1) property insurance is escalating out of control in FL because people keep building not much more other than "wattle and daub" huts in the middle of hurricane zones.

Insurance companies don't want to insure them, so Citizens has no choice but to.........and they're not in the market to make a loss. To lower the premiums, would be in effect telling insurance companies in Florida to write policies at a loss......
how is that good?

It was funny to see Crist snub Bush though.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:33 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I've taken the liberty of highlighting the sentence that shows your argument up for the tosh that it is - 'bringing up heirs' - err how do you suppose a gay couple would be able to produce heirs or have a family line ??

I know you like to appear trendy and stuff but it perplexes me why you constantly allow this to override your common sense. Maybe you should stick to opera

As for the other 2 - well neither has the brainpower to grasp any form of coherent argument - that's why they are on ignore - but they can't even grasp that concept and continue to stalk me round these boards.
No doubt I have been accused of being anti-gay by these posts - I'd like to see how they work that one out but I won't hold my breath.
The same way as anyone else would. They have a child or children, adopted or their own. Obviously this poster has never heard of either of these two ways of having a child. FHI in many societies the family line is through the female, this being a much surer method of the child actually being the bloodline successor

Holding your breath and not saying the first thing to enter your head might be the way to go here.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Manc
1) property insurance is escalating out of control in FL because people keep building not much more other than "wattle and daub" huts in the middle of hurricane zones.

Insurance companies don't want to insure them, so Citizens has no choice but to.........and they're not in the market to make a loss. To lower the premiums, would be in effect telling insurance companies in Florida to write policies at a loss......
how is that good?

It was funny to see Crist snub Bush though.
Yes I delighted Crist did'nt want to be seen with Bush
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:41 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

You have to go with the trendy stuff Davy, any resistance is futile. What amazes me is the hypocrisy of the modern age thinkers from the PC crowd who immediately attack any dissenters in an Orwellian thought police style in the same fascist manner that they are supposed to abhor.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

Republican Charlie Crist got in as Florida Governor. His opponent had no chance, being seen as a do nothing Congressman who hardly turned up for work. He also did'nt have the resorces that Crist did, $20 million as opposed to $7 million.

Good News about Bill Nelson, Glad to hear he kept his Senate seat!! I was hoping he would
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:15 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

One cracker in my office has met Kathleen Harris. He says he voted for her yesterday "because he admires her principles and reluctance to back down when criticised in 2000".

Stupid redneck.

Good News about Bill Nelson, Glad to hear he kept his Senate seat!! I was hoping he would
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:25 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by lionheart
What amazes me is the hypocrisy of the modern age thinkers from the PC crowd who immediately attack any dissenters in an Orwellian thought police style in the same fascist manner that they are supposed to abhor.
Yes its all rather ironic, but then again they don't get that either - they don't do irony or even humour, just shouting, screaming, accusing and dourness.

Still I do have some pity for them - it must be crap not being able to express their own personal opinions on a given topic without first having to check the handbook to make sure they are following the party line.
At the end of the day though if they don't have the intelligence to form their own opinions maybe this politics/beliefs/ethics by numbers approach is the best they can do.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:31 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

You are either as thick as two short planks, or you deliberately misunderstand. She was writing of the origins of marriage.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:32 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
You have to go with the trendy stuff Davy, any resistance is futile. What amazes me is the hypocrisy of the modern age thinkers from the PC crowd who immediately attack any dissenters in an Orwellian thought police style in the same fascist manner that they are supposed to abhor.
And what are you doing in this post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.