Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

eddie izzard rocked the house in LA

eddie izzard rocked the house in LA

Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:33 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eddie izzard rocked the house in LA

Originally Posted by silverchick
don't know what it is about him, but he's got something!
AIDS probably...........
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
gotta say my all time fave of his is the "cat behind the sofa" gag... has me in tears every time.
You're sentenced to three years on the tuba... and the routine with the third clarinets getting the notes that were left over in Snugasabuginarug is just priceless
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of

I may have missed this ... but what was the location in LA that you saw him perform???? Please do tell!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by limeynus
I may have missed this ... but what was the location in LA that you saw him perform???? Please do tell!
The coronet theatre in west hollywood.. a small intimate venue.. only about 2-300 people I think
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:20 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by limeynus
http://www.auntiemomo.com/cakeordeath/currenttour.html
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of

Unfortunately looks like he's sold out
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelman
Just wanted to say the eddie izzard makes me proud to be british.. what a great guy. Saw him last night at a tiny almost secret gig in LA... very very funny.
Only one joke really fell flat when he tried to compare a very ugly thing to a renault megane... of course noone had any idea what that was...
Where was it? Im in LA for 2 months......
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

deg0ey is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I feel slightly rebellious here as I'm not actually an Expat - I'm just a...'Pat'?

Anyways, I googled Eddie Izzard 'cause I saw this show last night in London and I felt the need to talk to someone about it, and this place came up so I figured I'd say hello and just sorta hope you don't lynch me.

Anyways, Yeah the dolphin-geiger counter thingwas cool "Oh my god, this room's full of radiation...or possibly fish, I'm not quite sure"

Did he do the bit about intelligent design, and how for some reason it was mostly farm animals that were given voices - he then spent about 10 minutes as two giraffes, miming one warning the other of an aproaching tiger...that was awesome.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:57 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
I recently introduced my wife to Eddie Izzard... she's hooked.

gotta say my all time fave of his is the "cat behind the sofa" gag... has me in tears every time.
That's mine too! I do You Tube for that one!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 11:24 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deg0ey
Ok, I feel slightly rebellious here as I'm not actually an Expat - I'm just a...'Pat'?

Anyways, I googled Eddie Izzard 'cause I saw this show last night in London and I felt the need to talk to someone about it, and this place came up so I figured I'd say hello and just sorta hope you don't lynch me.

Anyways, Yeah the dolphin-geiger counter thingwas cool "Oh my god, this room's full of radiation...or possibly fish, I'm not quite sure"

Did he do the bit about intelligent design, and how for some reason it was mostly farm animals that were given voices - he then spent about 10 minutes as two giraffes, miming one warning the other of an aproaching tiger...that was awesome.
Have you seen his explanation of the building of Stonehenge!!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 11:27 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Have you seen his explanation of the building of Stonehenge!!
It's the biggest Henge in the world!!!

It's the only Henge in the world!!

Nobody even knows what a Henge is!!!

<paraphrasing here but I really love that bit>
Old Jul 4th 2007, 11:48 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
It's the biggest Henge in the world!!!

It's the only Henge in the world!!

Nobody even knows what a Henge is!!!

<paraphrasing here but I really love that bit>
Yeh and when he is talking about the blokes dragging the stones to the place - proper funny!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 11:51 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
Yeh and when he is talking about the blokes dragging the stones to the place - proper funny!
200 miles in this day in age? Fukin hell .... We don't even know where we live now!

Old Jul 4th 2007, 11:55 am
You're all mugs!

Originally Posted by Leslie66
200 miles in this day in age? Fukin hell .... We don't even know where we live now!

I had to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiFq_nk8pE0

Enjoy.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:03 pm
WTF?

Thanks, mate.

"I wish the Christians would get here!!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.