Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

eddie izzard rocked the house in LA

eddie izzard rocked the house in LA

Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute
Default eddie izzard rocked the house in LA

Just wanted to say the eddie izzard makes me proud to be british.. what a great guy. Saw him last night at a tiny almost secret gig in LA... very very funny.
Only one joke really fell flat when he tried to compare a very ugly thing to a renault megane... of course noone had any idea what that was...
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:47 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eddie izzard rocked the house in LA

Originally Posted by angelman
Just wanted to say the eddie izzard makes me proud to be british.. what a great guy. Saw him last night at a tiny almost secret gig in LA... very very funny.
Only one joke really fell flat when he tried to compare a very ugly thing to a renault megane... of course noone had any idea what that was...
Was it a new routine?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Was it a new routine?
it was improv.. I think he does a few of these very small shows to test new material..
standout sketch was about a dolpin geiger counter.. click click clieeek...
He got pretty lost half way through and had to consult his notes.. but only eddie can make talking complete b**lcks hilarious as he goes off on tangent after tangent.
Then there is the educational aspect.. did you know that hugo boss designed and made the nazi uniforms.. secretly the allies were jealous of those spiffing uniforms.. they just wanted them without the skulls and things. (google it, it's true)
Themes were mainly religion "shouldnt christians all follow someone called chris?", intelligent design, romans and whales..
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

it was improv.. I think he does a few of these very small shows to test new material..
standout sketch was about a dolpin geiger counter.. click click clieeek...
He got pretty lost half way through and had to consult his notes.. but only eddie can make talking complete b**lcks hilarious as he goes off on tangent after tangent.
Then there is the educational aspect.. did you know that hugo boss designed and made the nazi uniforms.. secretly the allies were jealous of those spiffing uniforms.. they just wanted them without the skulls and things. (google it, it's true)
Themes were mainly religion "shouldnt christians all follow someone called chris?", intelligent design, romans and whales..
Excellent! I envy you. Was he in drag?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Excellent! I envy you. Was he in drag?
no drag... which sort of made it weirder.. just looked like a normal kind of guy.. which he is really... just very very funny
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

I recently introduced my wife to Eddie Izzard... she's hooked.

gotta say my all time fave of his is the "cat behind the sofa" gag... has me in tears every time.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:27 pm
WTF?

no drag... which sort of made it weirder.. just looked like a normal kind of guy.. which he is really... just very very funny
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:31 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

you lucky thing, he's so gorgeous, don't know what it is about him, but he's got something!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Im envious you jammy dodger!
I have most of his specials on DVD courtesy of Beeb USA would love to see a live show. He was on John Stewart the other week promoting Oceans 13, silly and sharped witted as ever
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:56 pm
Critical Circuits

Terminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by USBound
.. gotta say my all time fave of his is the "cat behind the sofa" gag... has me in tears every time.
Yep, same here. Love his stuff and he shares my birthday! What a lucky guy!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:55 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to watch him a few times and just got bored of him rambling, just seems like a millenium version of Danny La Rue
Give me Chris Rock , Chubby Brown, George Carlin, Bill Maher or even Jerry Seinfeld.
Eddie just makes me want to fall asleep....................
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:21 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Tried to watch him a few times and just got bored of him rambling, just seems like a millenium version of Danny La Rue
Give me Chris Rock , Chubby Brown, George Carlin, Bill Maher or even Jerry Seinfeld.
Eddie just makes me want to fall asleep....................
I marvel at your ability to place those four great comedians in the same sentence as Chubby Brown.

Nice one Angelman for getting to see him do one of his test gigs. I *heart* Eddie.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
I marvel at your ability to place those four great comedians in the same sentence as Chubby Brown.

Nice one Angelman for getting to see him do one of his test gigs. I *heart* Eddie.
chubby is brilliant... loved everything he's done...
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:29 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

I recently introduced my wife to Eddie Izzard... she's hooked.

gotta say my all time fave of his is the "cat behind the sofa" gag... has me in tears every time.
I'm in the same boat. When I last went across to see the OH, I took my Glorious and Dressed to Kill DVDs, and she was in stitches watching him. I don't know how big his stand up following is over there, but it's definately one or two bigger since I was there.

Props on getting to see him live like that. I saw him live here in Newcastle when he did his Sexie tour around England, few rows from the front. It's the worst of his shows, but seeing it live made it a great night. After the gig, he spent about 2 hours in the arena car park signing autographs and posing for pictures.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:34 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

chubby is brilliant... loved everything he's done...
He was good in the League of Gentlemen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.