Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

E2, no pension, L1, green card, Moral turpitude and more

Wikiposts

E2, no pension, L1, green card, Moral turpitude and more

Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:58 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2, no pension, L1, green card, Moral turpitude and more

Originally Posted by Owen778
I think his qualification is that he's previously held both an L1 visa and a B2 visa. Also, because he can write "FACT" in all capital letters (though other capital letters seem to be distinctly missing).

I'm not sure why you asked me, though?
Sorry, was not meant to be asking you, my original post to your quote was something like, 'once you are in a hole. stop digging', then I saw some other stupid comments, altered my post and forgot to make it a new post without quotes.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point

Having met 2 immigration staff who assessed my application BOTH were hardly Sherlock Holmes - meaning they were glorified admin staff...if you have the proper paperwork BACKED up by a respected lawyer - one that will quote you a price and put the 'roadmap' in WRITING - ie how they propose to obtain your Visa etc. then you will be fine......Border control are similar - ....why are you visiting US.??? ..ummmmm to commit another crime ...I mean its a pointless question, as their little computer doesn't show that you were a drunk driver back in 1991...see my point .....there's a difference between lying and being economical with the truth - that's how lawyers have been in business....shame the border control didn't ask the 9/11 bombers some more pressing questions....o wait a minute that was an inside job anyway....
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant

I love this forum some days
I think the OP was trying to wind everyone up...Somewhat successfully
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sportychico
Having met 2 immigration staff who assessed my application BOTH were hardly Sherlock Holmes - meaning they were glorified admin staff...if you have the proper paperwork BACKED up by a respected lawyer - one that will quote you a price and put the 'roadmap' in WRITING - ie how they propose to obtain your Visa etc. then you will be fine......Border control are similar - ....why are you visiting US.??? ..ummmmm to commit another crime ...I mean its a pointless question, as their little computer doesn't show that you were a drunk driver back in 1991...see my point .....there's a difference between lying and being economical with the truth - that's how lawyers have been in business....shame the border control didn't ask the 9/11 bombers some more pressing questions....o wait a minute that was an inside job anyway....
Bang goes the last vestige of any respect that you had on these forums then........
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:04 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... shame the border control didn't ask the 9/11 bombers some more pressing questions....o wait a minute that was an inside job anyway....
Whatever other criticism people raise against you, at least your commitment to factual accuracy stays consistent.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

finally a friend of mine returned to UK after 20 years on an E2 (daughter reached 21 so couldn't stay) they will not be paid any pension credits....The E2 Visa is useful for getting you into the US but your status and rights are worse than an illegal immigrant
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Can I nominate Sportychico for 'Troll of the Year'
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Sorry, was not meant to be asking you, my original post to your quote was something like, 'once you are in a hole. stop digging', then I saw some other stupid comments, altered my post and forgot to make it a new post without quotes.
Oh, no problem at all. I'm just as amused as everyone else.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you quote "drunk driving" as an example since it is not a CIMT? For an immigration visa, the question asked is have you ever been arrested and if you answered "no" when you were previously arrested for "drunk driving", you risk having you record being discovered and being denied the visa or later having other problems even though answering "yes" will likely not have any effect on acquiring the visa unless you are an alcoholic.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Spotychico, you do NOT make the decisions regarding what is classed as 'moral turpitude' or not, that is up to the people issuing the visa, and that is why it asks if you have ever been arrested, the UK rehabilitation of offenders rule does NOT apply to visa requests for the USA.

I would love to to please, and not I'm being polite, to tell us your qualification to act as a decision maker regarding US immigration law. There are people on ehre who are/were immigration lawyers in the US, and so are much more likely to be believed.
Mike - at no point did I suggest I make the decision...I was highlighting the facts as to what information USCIS / US embassy can see / search for ....The moral turpitude question is fairly straightforward and is covered on their website...my own situation proves this and makes a mockery of the system.....have nice day.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

finally a friend of mine returned to UK after 20 years on an E2 (daughter reached 21 so couldn't stay) they will not be paid any pension credits....The E2 Visa is useful for getting you into the US but your status and rights are worse than an illegal immigrant
Since your friend assumes he is not eligible for social security, you are going to take his word. Instead of rambling garbage, point to an official social security article that backs up that statement.

Many times social security personal assume something is true which isn't and you have to fight for your rights. There was a person married to an American on BE that was initially denied Medicare based on his wife's earnings but when he finally contacted the correct person, he was approved.

Last edited by Michael; Feb 10th 2014 at 4:23 am.
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reminded of this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-isKzt4O4&feature=kp
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

if you're in the US on E2 visa you are a 'temp immigrant' which means SS / Pension (even though you are paying into it) is not viable...as you can never stop running your E2 connected business you cannot therefore claim SS / pension....in other words you cannot 'retire' in the US under an E2 and many people who return to UK are not getting their credits paid...check with any decent lawyer
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

if you're in the US on E2 visa you are a 'temp immigrant' which means SS / Pension (even though you are paying into it) is not viable...as you can never stop running your E2 connected business you cannot therefore claim SS / pension....in other words you cannot 'retire' in the US under an E2 and many people who return to UK are not getting their credits paid...check with any decent lawyer
You don't have to live in the US to collect social security benefits so what difference does it make that that you cannot 'retire" in the US. An immigration attorney probably doesn't understand who is eligible for social security benefits since that is not their field of expertise. You'd probably have to contact a lawyer that deals with social security to get the proper answer.

Last edited by Michael; Feb 10th 2014 at 4:31 am.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 4:30 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

if you're in the US on E2 visa you are a 'temp immigrant' which ....
You realise that putting things in quotation marks doesn't conceal the fact that they're utter horse shït, don't you?

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 10th 2014 at 4:34 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.