Reload this Page >

dvdoverseas............?

dvdoverseas............?

Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

tweakr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dvdoverseas............?

Originally posted by Maggs
My son is travelling here on a K4 in a couple of months time. Will he be able to use his Playstation 2 here or will we have to have an adapter or transformer? Or not at all?

Thanks

Maggie
You'll need a step-up transformer and for games that don't allow a 60hz option when they start up (most of them), a TV standards converter.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:16 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dvdoverseas............?

Clear and simple. Many thanks.

Maggie

Originally posted by Lyris
You'll need a step-up transformer and for games that don't allow a 60hz option when they start up (most of them), a TV standards converter.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Englishmum
Which Cyberhome DVD player do you have RChappo?

We bought the compact-sized CH-DVD 300 from Radio Shack last July (approx $60 at the time as it had just arrived on the market) but I know it has gone down in price since.

Ours has a 'progressive scan' feature which is why it was a few dollars more than some of the other DVD players....but to this day I still don't know what 'progressive scan' is supposed to be!

Some guy on the hack site said that this (CH-300) player also has dual voltage and works on the 220v as well as 110v. He bought one to send to relatives in Europe and hacked it before he sent it. I wonder if it worked? I'm sort of tempted to buy one for my sister back in the UK as $45 is sooo cheap. I've noticed that amazon.co.uk sells lots of Region 1 DVDs now - and my sister wanted Mr.Bean for her autistic son but amazingly it's been deleted from the UK market but not for North America....!!
interesting info! I will look into getting one for the relatives also.
I have two DVD players: a sanyo and an emerson

The sanyo will skip on a DVD horribly at some chapters of the movie if it isn't immaculately clean which is so irritating and it makes me hate DVD's. The emerson, on the other hand, will sail right through and never skips or shows any sign of problems.... MAYBE PROGRESSIVE SCAN HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT???

(or is that "oversampling")

Last edited by jaytee; Jan 15th 2004 at 10:03 am.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

tweakr is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah, it's not progressive
I'm a total perfectionist with discs so I've never had this problem much, but I have a very cheap Pioneer player which is very, very sensitive to scratches.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Lyris

I'm a total perfectionist with discs
I'm getting that way now. I kinda miss VHS