Dukan diet

Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dukan diet

Originally Posted by N1cky
Send them all to McD's and In n out everynight, they'll be able to join you on JC then.
lol

My husband could probably join me, he's become quite the porker and he's usually on the lean side!

Thankfully our daughter doesn't really care too much about food, in general, but stick a nice gooey dessert in front of her and she'll wrestle you for it!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toopie28
The difference between hubby and me is that he's kept his weight in check for most of his life. Me - I've been fat all my life and trying to diet all my life so it's going to be harder.

So in my case, I started slacking off on the measuring and weighing - I still work my (well try) arse off 6 days a week but with the slacking off I put on 10lbs (which will prob take me a year to lose).

So now I've been back to what I prob need to do for the rest of my life IF I want to keep my weight in check. Weighing and measuring. I LOVE to eat. LOVE. IT. AND I know my downfall - I binge so if I like it I'll inhale it.

Back to the Dukan Diet - I think anything that restricts you is going to be really hard to stick to. So the goal is that you eat very little and of course are going to lose weight. I HATE veggies (yep, my inner-brat takes over) and protein - not too keen on either. So I would probably lose a TON if I went on it.

Let us know if you try it.

Bob - when I read your wonderful recipes I think - Man, I would LOVE to eat like his family does!
My twin!!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:16 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE to eat. LOVE. IT. AND I know my downfall - I binge so if I like it I'll inhale it.
Me too, I eat like a horse, I really LOVE food.

Luckily, I've never struggled with my weight, I was stick thin until my pregnancy, and even then I was in my normal jeans until 7 months, and back in them 2 weeks after giving birth. In the 10 years since then though, I've put around 20lbs on, most of them in the last 5 years or so, (I blame all the wine while sitting in the California sun). Weight wise, I'm right where I should be, but I'm liking the fact that I'm becoming much more toned again
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So in my case, I started slacking off on the measuring and weighing - I still work my (well try) arse off 6 days a week but with the slacking off I put on 10lbs (which will prob take me a year to lose).
I don't know about everyone else, but I find the constant weighing is where the madness lies and the failure kick in.

So much easier to stick to it doing a weekly check at the same time every time, so you can work out and slack off but not have it ding you during the week. That and your weight naturally fluctuates a couple of pounds through out the day on water retention and all that rubbish, so a weight check one morning might we well different to a lunch check the next day and make you feel a lot worse when it really means nothing.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

For those of you who love to eat, and I mean eat pasta, rice potatoes etc and still lose weight then Slimming World is the plan for you.

I lost 45lbs with their online service www.slimmingworldusa.com and it was so easy. The whole family eats the same meals, no shakes or pills and not expensive. I went to groups in the UK so was familiar with the programme.