Dukan diet

Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dukan diet

Does anyone have any experience of this?

A friend's hubby has been on it for two months, and has almost completely melted away (or so it seems when I see him)!

I'm a little tempted - I need to lose 30lbs...
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dukan diet

Well, any diet will work- if you stick to it. Dukan is very strict and if you can stick to that, then try it.

My friend was on it for a couple of weeks - she lost about 8 lbs - put it all back on and more when stopped. She has also tried Jenny Craig, Lindora, several juice fasts... you get the picture.

The fact is - it's very difficult. It took me many, many tries and 2 years to lose all my weight. You think the hardest part is losing weight - it's not - the hardest part is KEEPING it off!

Every day, every day, every day... it's soooooo bloody boring. Measure everything, weigh everything, keep all the goodies out of the house cuz I can't bloody control myself.

Start by writing down what you eat as soon as you eat it. You'll be amazed at how much you eat without realising it. Then after a week - start counting calories - loseit.com is a good site for that.

Oh, and the best part - when my hubby puts on about 5 lbs he loses it in 2 weeks just by "cutting down". When I put on 5lbs - it takes me TWO months, starving AND killing myself in the gym 6 days a week.

Oh, and another thing - you are going to be sooooooo bloody crabby - as you can see

Last edited by toopie28; Mar 5th 2013 at 7:49 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

I did this diet for a few weeks and it did work but its a very very boring one to do, especially if you only eat fish and not meat like me and my wife.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

I use myfitnesspal for keeping track of calories and exercise.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Thanks.

I use myfitnesspal for keeping track of calories and exercise.
I have an Apple FitBit...just in case you have any Apple products. It sends all the info...distance...calories etc to all my Apple products via iCloud.

My daughter lost loads of weight with Jenny Craig a few years ago. Took a while but it was the right way to lose it...slow and steady. They completely retrained the way she eats. 4 years on...she still hasn't gained weight.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 6th 2013 at 2:40 pm. Reason: typo
Old Mar 6th 2013, 2:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toopie28
Oh, and the best part - when my hubby puts on about 5 lbs he loses it in 2 weeks just by "cutting down".
That's a bit deceptive because you could probably lose that after a good shit and a sweat. It's very easy to lose weight and a lot of it in the first couple of weeks because a lot of it is moisture as well as enthusiasm to do it.

Gets much harder after that and then harder still to keep it off.

I can lose 10 pounds in two weeks without even thinking about it but then wanting to lose another 2 pounds can be massive effort.

Not buying and then not having the crap food around is the biggest way for me to have most effect, then the rest is just having what appears to be an epileptic fit for exercise on the Wii or whatever.

I don't have the patience to calorie count and weigh the food and all that guff, but more power to people who are disciplined enough to do it as the results seem to work, but I find it just to easy to lose interest.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:05 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's a bit deceptive because you could probably lose that after a good shit and a sweat. It's very easy to lose weight and a lot of it in the first couple of weeks because a lot of it is moisture as well as enthusiasm to do it.
So true! And the more you've been previously over-indulging in food & drink, the faster it comes off.

Gets much harder after that and then harder still to keep it off.

I can lose 10 pounds in two weeks without even thinking about it but then wanting to lose another 2 pounds can be massive effort.
Well, I've never lost 10 pounds in two weeks, but my husband can easily. He cuts out beer & sweets & that's it - he's losing weight! I think that's the difference between men & women maybe. I can lose 3 pounds/wk for a couple of weeks in a row, but then I have to fight hard for every half-pound after that. It becomes very slow & discouraging....
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue

Well, I've never lost 10 pounds in two weeks, but my husband can easily. He cuts out beer & sweets & that's it - he's losing weight! I think that's the difference between men & women maybe....
Metabolism does help. I'm a midget and the Wii says I should be 140 and I laugh in its face everytime it heaves and huffs at me...(that's my high school weight)

I'm 154 now but can get up to 165-170 easily enough and get back to 155 in a snap.

Getting down to 150 is a mega push though. Saying that, my uni graduating weight was 13 stone, so I'm happy being less than that and don't really care.

I'm only losing weight as the missus is doing it and it seems rude to be stuffing my face full while she's trying. It's probably not having the effect that and pissing her off more that I'm not taking it seriously and am losing the weight though.

Still, back on the pies and doughnuts diet soon enough for me
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:30 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with any diet is that you are constantly thinking about food, recording what you ate, planning your next meal... Food, Food, Food is all you think about, and for me, that makes it impossible.

Changing your eating habits and exercising regular is the best way to lose weight and keep it off.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
The problem with any diet is that you are constantly thinking about food, recording what you ate, planning your next meal... Food, Food, Food is all you think about, and for me, that makes it impossible.

Changing your eating habits and exercising regular is the best way to lose weight and keep it off.
I suppose that's one of the reason JC worked for my daughter. You buy your meals and snacks upfront...then you don't have to worry about making meals, calorie counting etc.

She said overall it didn't work out that much more expensive and the convenience was a bonus with her working full time.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I suppose that's one of the reason JC worked for my daughter. You buy your meals and snacks upfront...then you don't have to worry about making meals, calorie counting etc.

She said overall it didn't work out that much more expensive and the convenience was a bonus with her working full time.
The only downside to Jenny Craig is if you have a family to cook for....
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:41 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Yes, I am sure that works well, these things take a lot of planning, so to have someone do it all must make things much easier. My hubby did WW for a while, I planned it all, and recorded what he ate... I found I was constantly hungry and couldn't think of anything else, it drove me mad, and I wasn't the one on the diet.

Since November, we've cut out lots of the crap we were eating, and tried to cut back on the alcohol a bit. We're not taking it too seriously, and still eating out, and having dessert if we feel like it. We've both been exercising, hubby out on his mountain bike, and I've been doing exercise classes at the Y (mainly dance style things). Hubby has lost 20lbs, and I've dropped a dress size and am the lightest I've been in the US. And more importantly, I'm feeling really good, I've got loads more energy and really enjoying the exercise I'm doing
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
True. She was living by herself at the time.

Originally Posted by N1cky
Yes, I am sure that works well, these things take a lot of planning, so to have someone do it all must make things much easier. My hubby did WW for a while, I planned it all, and recorded what he ate... I found I was constantly hungry and couldn't think of anything else, it drove me mad, and I wasn't the one on the diet.

Since November, we've cut out lots of the crap we were eating, and tried to cut back on the alcohol a bit. We're not taking it too seriously, and still eating out, and having dessert if we feel like it. We've both been exercising, hubby out on his mountain bike, and I've been doing exercise classes at the Y (mainly dance style things). Hubby has lost 20lbs, and I've dropped a dress size and am the lightest I've been in the US. And more importantly, I'm feeling really good, I've got loads more energy and really enjoying the exercise I'm doing
That's really great...keep it up.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Send them all to McD's and In n out everynight, they'll be able to join you on JC then.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
So true! And the more you've been previously over-indulging in food & drink, the faster it comes off.

Well, I've never lost 10 pounds in two weeks, but my husband can easily. He cuts out beer & sweets & that's it - he's losing weight! I think that's the difference between men & women maybe. I can lose 3 pounds/wk for a couple of weeks in a row, but then I have to fight hard for every half-pound after that. It becomes very slow & discouraging....
The difference between hubby and me is that he's kept his weight in check for most of his life. Me - I've been fat all my life and trying to diet all my life so it's going to be harder.

So in my case, I started slacking off on the measuring and weighing - I still work my (well try) arse off 6 days a week but with the slacking off I put on 10lbs (which will prob take me a year to lose).

So now I've been back to what I prob need to do for the rest of my life IF I want to keep my weight in check. Weighing and measuring. I LOVE to eat. LOVE. IT. AND I know my downfall - I binge so if I like it I'll inhale it.

Back to the Dukan Diet - I think anything that restricts you is going to be really hard to stick to. So the goal is that you eat very little and of course are going to lose weight. I HATE veggies (yep, my inner-brat takes over) and protein - not too keen on either. So I would probably lose a TON if I went on it.

Let us know if you try it.

Bob - when I read your wonderful recipes I think - Man, I would LOVE to eat like his family does!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.