Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Driving License

Driving License

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

lella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant future
Default Driving License

Please can someone help me!! I moved to Arizona with my new husband. I am originally from the U.K. and am currently waiting for all my immigration papers to be finalised. I am really wanting to drive here as it is impossible to get anywhere without a car. I have a full British license and on the Arizona Motor Vehicle department website it says if you have an driving license from another country you are able to drive in AZ. I am wondering if that statement is for people only visiting or am I able to do this while waiting for my SS number and work permit?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving License

Originally Posted by lella
Please can someone help me!! I moved to Arizona with my new husband. I am originally from the U.K. and am currently waiting for all my immigration papers to be finalised. I am really wanting to drive here as it is impossible to get anywhere without a car. I have a full British license and on the Arizona Motor Vehicle department website it says if you have an driving license from another country you are able to drive in AZ. I am wondering if that statement is for people only visiting or am I able to do this while waiting for my SS number and work permit?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
As far as I know, yes, you are able to use your UK license until you have the proper documentation to get an Arizona license.

Rene
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving License

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As far as I know, yes, you are able to use your UK license until you have the proper documentation to get an Arizona license.

Rene
It does depend on the insurance company too - I have heard of time limits (for ex. only drive 6 months on UK license, etc.)