Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Driving Lessons

Driving Lessons

Old Dec 19th 2005, 12:23 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving Lessons

Originally Posted by syllk
Ever wished you'd never mentioned pen and paper?
Too bloody funny!

I blame the Spirit of the Season.

(in their case that's a cocktail of gin, cranberry juice and vitriol)
Old Dec 19th 2005, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
I'm sorry. Are YOU a homeboy? My apologies I had no idea.
If anything I'd be a homeGIRL. And no apologies necessary for your weird and very incorrect assumptions. Have you ever seen a latino/a in California, dear? Or know anything of their culture? Or are you just concerned with the African Americans? Perhaps that's the problem..... At any rate, no apologies are needed.

Edit to add:

If you knew anything of, in this case, the Hispanic culture, you'd know that "homeboy" "homegirl" is not offensive. But you carry on in your quest to show that you know something (anything?) I know what I know and you're so very wrong on so very many levels.

Last edited by AmerLisa; Dec 19th 2005 at 1:45 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:24 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Wow.

Must be something in the water at the moment....maybe some extra Oestrogen got dumped into the system causing all these women to get a bit uppity of late?

Personally I blame Syllk entirely. I bet he even put good old Nia up to her rant too.
I'm as good a scapegoat as the next guy.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Homie.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:47 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
If anything I'd be a homeGIRL. And no apologies necessary for your weird and very incorrect assumptions. Have you ever seen a latino/a in California, dear? Or know anything of their culture? Or are you just concerned with the African Americans? Perhaps that's the problem..... At any rate, no apologies are needed.

Edit to add:

If you knew anything of, in this case, the Hispanic culture, you'd know that "homeboy" "homegirl" is not offensive. But you carry on in your quest to show that you know something (anything?) I know what I know and you're so very wrong on so very many levels.
I'm flattered. You got up that earlier to respond to my post. Really, you should get more sleep, then you wouldn't be so snippy or offensive to begin with.

While you're at it read your original post and get over yourself.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:49 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Does the goat get slaughtered now the prodigal homegirl has returned to the thread?
Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:50 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Too bloody funny!

I blame the Spirit of the Season.

(in their case that's a cocktail of gin, cranberry juice and vitriol)
I blame hubby. We had such a giggle last night. Does ANYBODY read my sig line?
Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:54 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Homie.
Actually, I'm 100% heterosexual.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Does the goat get slaughtered now the prodigal homegirl has returned to the thread?
I usually get completely slaughtered most nights...
Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Actually, I'm 100% heterosexual.
HomIE not HomO
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

HomIE not HomO
I was checking out the urban dictionary, here's some of the definitions of 'homie':

slang term used to refer to someone who you are good friends with.
usually used by white people.

me= "hey homie, what's up?"
response = "ur white"
Little guys you can buy in vending machines .. like those little ones in grocery stores. You can get hookers, cops, guys with boomboxes ... hilarious

I went to the grocery store and came home with two homies
A term that now refers to a close friend. Historically, it was once used to called friends who would come to your house and smoke some weed. Hence, your "homie."

Wassup homie?! Let's pimp some ho's.
A term to use if you gangbanging in a blood set you call your niggas homeys to identify you down with bloods

Razor x: wut up homey who you be?
Blaze-Haze: im down homey gshine set!
Razor x: brat homey
American 'wannabe' gangster slang translating to 'person in my gang' or 'gang member'. Also a word that no other country except America will use thats why we cringe when we hear it in the movies/TV.

I'm hanging with my homeys/homies.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I was checking out the urban dictionary, here's some of the definitions of 'homie':

Quote:
slang term used to refer to someone who you are good friends with.
usually used by white people.

me= "hey homie, what's up?"
response = "ur white"

Quote:
Little guys you can buy in vending machines .. like those little ones in grocery stores. You can get hookers, cops, guys with boomboxes ... hilarious

I went to the grocery store and came home with two homies

Quote:
A term that now refers to a close friend. Historically, it was once used to called friends who would come to your house and smoke some weed. Hence, your "homie."

Wassup homie?! Let's pimp some ho's.

Quote:
A term to use if you gangbanging in a blood set you call your niggas homeys to identify you down with bloods

Razor x: wut up homey who you be?
Blaze-Haze: im down homey gshine set!
Razor x: brat homey

Quote:
American 'wannabe' gangster slang translating to 'person in my gang' or 'gang member'. Also a word that no other country except America will use thats why we cringe when we hear it in the movies/TV.

I'm hanging with my homeys/homies.

F'Shizzle, yo sho Bro.

Actually I've never heard Homie used offensively here. My mates here call it each other (and me) all the time as in "Hey homie...sup?" kind of friendly banter way....at least it had better be or im gonna......
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:13 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

F'Shizzle, yo sho Bro.
Jesus, you really mangled that one. I suggest you go buy a copy of Jay-Z's "The Blueprint", put it on repeat and (as Yoda said) unlearn what you have learned.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

F'Shizzle, yo sho Bro.

Actually I've never heard Homie used offensively here. My mates here call it each other (and me) all the time as in "Hey homie...sup?" kind of friendly banter way....at least it had better be or im gonna......
They might be reffering to you as a plastic toy....

There's a bunch of other amusing slang terms at http://www.urbandictionary.com/

like 'holy buttf****r of Jesus'
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Jesus, you really mangled that one. I suggest you go buy a copy of Jay-Z's "The Blueprint", put it on repeat and (as Yoda said) unlearn what you have learned.

Hey im a white boy (and brit at that) stumbling around with the slang...gimme a break

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.