Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Drive in movies

Wikiposts

Drive in movies

Old May 14th 2008, 11:09 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drive in movies

There are open air movies in the summer in NYC (not drive in, obnov): Brooklyn Bridge, park by Chelsea Piers, Bryant Park. It's great.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
Nope, It's open during the summer. All last summer we had the films and times listed at the hotel where I work. It was always a double bill for about $5.00...bargain!
That's funny, the inlaws live pretty close, and the place never seems open, it's got a dodgy screen apparently so slightest look of rain or wind and it shuts down apparently, but anyway, never been to that one, can't knock the price though.

While talking cinemas in Maine, the one in Framingham is quite lovely and the restaurant next door is superb and they do a cinema deal, couple bucks for tickets with your meal. The cinema is owned by the same people that own the one in Skowhegan, but that's not as nice a place, very old skool
Old May 14th 2008, 5:27 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's funny, the inlaws live pretty close, and the place never seems open, it's got a dodgy screen apparently so slightest look of rain or wind and it shuts down apparently, but anyway, never been to that one, can't knock the price though.

While talking cinemas in Maine, the one in Framingham is quite lovely and the restaurant next door is superb and they do a cinema deal, couple bucks for tickets with your meal. The cinema is owned by the same people that own the one in Skowhegan, but that's not as nice a place, very old skool
You mean the Narrow Gauge cinema in Farmington right? I go there all the time, they do have the best seats around.
Old May 14th 2008, 11:34 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

excellent,...thanks!
Old May 15th 2008, 12:14 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
I live about 1 mile from the SkyView Drive-in in Santa Cruz, CA - but unfortunately it closed last December - I don't know of any others in Northern California.
We saw Born in East LA at the Burlingame one on a double date.
We all piled into the back of a boom truck (10pts if you remember or know what that was) and completely missed the second half of the movie.

Its been demolished since.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:26 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
They are few and far between now, having been taken over by suburbs and developed. But Google can help you find a few

http://www.driveinmovie.com/IL.htm

Here is a list of the ones that are around (including those that are now dark) in Illinois
Thanks for that link, this one: Summer Hill (Pike County) Illinois
Clark 54 Twin Pike Drive-in: 217-285-2805
located out on Highway 54 West
is very close to us and I think we'll check it out...
Old May 15th 2008, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Thanks for that link, this one: Summer Hill (Pike County) Illinois
Clark 54 Twin Pike Drive-in: 217-285-2805
located out on Highway 54 West
is very close to us and I think we'll check it out...
Thats the one about 20 miles from us, just looked at whats on though and the showings at the moment are 'Dr Suess Horton Hears A Who' and 'Nims Island'.... can't wait for when the big blockbusters are on though esp. Indiana Jones/Batman/Narnia
Old May 15th 2008, 12:46 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Thats the one about 20 miles from us, just looked at whats on though and the showings at the moment are 'Dr Suess Horton Hears A Who' and 'Nims Island'.... can't wait for when the big blockbusters are on though esp. Indiana Jones/Batman/Narnia

Somebody on BE lives within 50 miles of me (give or take)???

Old May 15th 2008, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Quincy, IL? Ever heard of it?
Old May 15th 2008, 1:13 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Quincy, IL? Ever heard of it?
Sure, it's about 40 miles from us. It's got the closest Home Depot!
Old May 16th 2008, 11:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
You mean the Narrow Gauge cinema in Farmington right? I go there all the time, they do have the best seats around.
That's the one...the restaurant does decent deals on wednesdays and you can still get discount cinema tickets...and the bar usually has fantastic beer on tap
Old May 16th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

'50's is being generous I would say lol I guess there is one down in Saco too.
I'm planning to go to that one this summer, not tried it yet. There's a fairly new Rock & Roll diner down near there too so you can have the whole experience
Old May 16th 2008, 12:57 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
I'm planning to go to that one this summer, not tried it yet. There's a fairly new Rock & Roll diner down near there too so you can have the whole experience
There is? cool I'll tell the wife, she loves that 50's stuff. Do you have the name of that place per chance?

Last edited by sime303; May 16th 2008 at 1:40 pm.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:40 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

There is? cool I'll tell the wife, she loves that 50's stuff. Do you have the name of that place per chance?
I just googled it....this is the nearest I can find. It's in Scarborough

http://www.themaineswitch.com/story/view/1043/
Old May 17th 2008, 10:48 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

When I was a kid we used to go-the only thing is that I always fell asleep in the backseat (which I was sharing with the dog), so I never got to see the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.