Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Does yours have one?

Does yours have one?

Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:06 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brown bog roll...be difficult to figure out eh when you're done.
Never noticed that you could only get white stuff though...there's a market that could be tapped into. What about stars n stripes tp? I don't see why patriotism should stop at the bathroom
Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:07 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

We have three baths - one with no window because it is in the basement and the other two have windows. We want to take out the window in the main bathroom and put a skylight in instead. You can see in the main bathroom window very well from the deck!

And agree with the reason for the tp color being absent - septic tank problems. Apparently (or so some American friends of ours told us) something to do with the enzymes that are needed in the tanks to dissolve/get rid of/absorb into ground the waste. the colouring in tp stops them from working properly. Why the colour in tp is different to the colour used in cereal and pooped into same septic tank, I don't know!
Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Two of our bathrooms have windows, the other one doesn't.
Never bought coloured loo roll in UK anyway.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
I'm a bit disappointed, I thought this thread was about something else..... (I'm sorry, I was properly brought up, must be the heat - pushing 90 and humid here today.)

Anyway, the toilet paper is white because the colouring agents are saved for the cereal rolling off the next assembly line over.

Aaah.... just gotta love those Fruity Pebbles.

I, too, had never noticed all the loo roll was white.

Our bathroom has a window in it.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
I'm a bit disappointed, I thought this thread was about something else..... (I'm sorry, I was properly brought up, must be the heat - pushing 90 and humid here today.)

Anyway, the toilet paper is white because the colouring agents are saved for the cereal rolling off the next assembly line over.
Brown toilet paper never really caught on as an idea did it ?
Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:14 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Brown toilet paper never really caught on as an idea did it ?
Closest I got was when I was in Guatemala and we had to use the leaves off the ears of corn - made that greaseproof paper they have in UK public toilets seem like a thing of luxury.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:36 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ben
<snip>
And agree with the reason for the tp color being absent - septic tank problems. Apparently (or so some American friends of ours told us) something to do with the enzymes that are needed in the tanks to dissolve/get rid of/absorb into ground the waste. the colouring in tp stops them from working properly. Why the colour in tp is different to the colour used in cereal and pooped into same septic tank, I don't know!
No no no! The colour is absorbed into the body ........ yuk! ADHD here we come!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:23 am
Essex Girl

HelenWebber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
Our bathroom is cream... but your right now I think it about it most are white... even public toilets ... No imagination.

Ash
And talking of public toilets... why do they all seem to have a bigish gap (enough to see in!) around the doors etc? Not on for us 'English' people!!

Helen
Old Jun 9th 2004, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Yep all our bathrooms have windows, the master has a rather high set octagonal window, the family bath has a very small window that faces north so makes the room seem perpetually cold (not helped by me painting it blue), and the boys half bath has a window but is upstairs so no real worries about peeping toms. Our neighbours are a good 1/4 mile away although i'm sure they could get some sort of view if they got their binoculars out !

As for white TP I've got used to it now, my kids bought over some Andrex when they first visited because I complained so much about not having coloured stuff but its never been used *sigh*

Jan