British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Does yours have one? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/does-yours-have-one-235219/)

Ash UK/US Jun 8th 2004 7:10 am

Does yours have one?

Does your bathroom have a window in it? I've noticed very few bathrooms have windows in them... both bathrooms in our house have an outside wall and neither have a window... it seems to be the norm yet in england it seems to be the exact opposite. Another thing why does toilet paper only come in white?

Yeah I know I have too much time on my hands :p

Ash

Manc Jun 8th 2004 7:11 am

yeah ours has a window.

Ray Jun 8th 2004 7:19 am

Originally posted by manc1976
yeah ours has a window.
Yes all our bathroom have windows.. and your right ..I have never noticed that before all the toilets rolls are white here too

Lion in Winter Jun 8th 2004 7:25 am

Originally posted by ray6
Yes all our bathroom have windows.. and your right ..I have never noticed that before all the toilets rolls are white here too

I'm a bit disappointed, I thought this thread was about something else..... (I'm sorry, I was properly brought up, must be the heat - pushing 90 and humid here today.)

Anyway, the toilet paper is white because the colouring agents are saved for the cereal rolling off the next assembly line over.

rincewind Jun 8th 2004 7:38 am

Our master (or main) bathroom has two windows and our other bathroom doesn't have any.

I hate blinds.....I can't concentrate in the bathroom [INSERT JOKE HERE] thinking that someone is looking in at me :D So we made our own curtains to go over the windows.

Toiltet tissue is white here....coz.....well....I don't know an American that doesn't have a white bathroom. Every one I've seen has been white. I guess they is no call for it.

Maybe we should start shipping it over and start an online toilet paper business [INSERT COMPANY NAME JOKES HERE].

Ray Jun 8th 2004 7:39 am

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
I'm a bit disappointed, I thought this thread was about something else.....
Not often you get a female peeping tom..

Lion in Winter Jun 8th 2004 7:43 am

Not often you get a female peeping tom..
All depends on the motivation Ray.:D

Ray Jun 8th 2004 7:49 am

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
All depends on the motivation Ray.:D
Don't I seem to remember you are blind as a bat anyway..

Lion in Winter Jun 8th 2004 7:52 am

Don't I seem to remember you are blind as a bat anyway..
Well of course my husband says that's why I married him.

As it happens, with contact lenses I see 20/20. Don't leave home without them, esp. since they make those bathroom windows so damn small.

Ash UK/US Jun 8th 2004 7:59 am

Originally posted by rincewind
Toiltet tissue is white here....coz.....well....I don't know an American that doesn't have a white bathroom. Every one I've seen has been white. I guess they is no call for it.
Our bathroom is cream... but your right now I think it about it most are white... even public toilets :confused: ... No imagination.

Ash :)

ironporer Jun 8th 2004 8:38 am

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
Our bathroom is cream... but your right now I think it about it most are white... even public toilets :confused: ... No imagination.

Ash :)
Our's is hunter green- don't know who in history went with that. As for paper, I remember years ago seeing pastel- blue, pink and such colors of TP but now I never see anything but white. Maybe the dye caused cancer or such? Why not just make it brown after all?

PrincessofWales Jun 8th 2004 8:53 am

personally, I don't mind what colour it is...as long as I don't have to wipe my parts with that non-absorbent tracing paper shite they put in UK public toilets, libraries, and schools! I challenge you to come up with any toilet in the US that stocks that stuff.

Patrick Jun 8th 2004 8:53 am

Originally posted by ironporer
I never see anything but white. Maybe the dye caused cancer or such? Why not just make it brown after all?
Its because the septic tanks cant handle colored tp, because it would far too difficult for an american to know if they have a septic tank or not they just went back to all white, that way no-one can sue. Its also the reason why american toilet paper seems to be as third as thick as the uk.

Of the 2.5 baths I have the master has big window, over the bath, which is frosted. The guest bath has no window although it is connected to an outside wall and the half bath has a portal window which is clear, you can look in if you stand on the bench outside.

Although the master bedroom has an outside door to the deck there is no window in the master either. A trend that I have noticed in a few houses!

Gross50 Jun 8th 2004 8:55 am

Re: Does yours have one?

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
Does your bathroom have a window in it? I've noticed very few bathrooms have windows in them... both bathrooms in our house have an outside wall and neither have a window... it seems to be the norm yet in england it seems to be the exact opposite. Another thing why does toilet paper only come in white?

Yeah I know I have too much time on my hands :p

Ash

i've got a sunroof too
:)

Ray Jun 8th 2004 9:01 am

Originally posted by Patrick
Although the master bedroom has an outside door to the deck there is no window in the master either.
Thats terrible.. one likes to look over ones estate whilst having a pony..