Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Do you think the cost of flights will go down?

Do you think the cost of flights will go down?

Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

ohwottodo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you think the cost of flights will go down?

a couple of weeks ago the flights were knocking around $800 now they are $1,300 ish do you think the prices will go down after the olympics?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 12:16 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think the cost of flights will go down?

Probably, they'll go down once the Olympics are over and the kids all go back to school. Then they'll want to fill some empty seats.
When we booked Ds it was $1300 he went at at the beginning of July. SFO to MAN
Old Jul 29th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I'm receiving mail now from BA giving deals on flights so I think there must be a big decline in travel.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have been looking tonight, $800 LHR to Boston. Bit higher than earlier this year.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:52 pm
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

$800!? I wish we'd seen that! We booked my ticket a few weeks ago and it was about $1080 (ATL to LHR). It had come down significantly from $1200 earlier, so I do think flights will go down - particularly after the olympics like Mummy mentioned. My mum says Wednesdays are a good day to book (if you're here in the states) because it tends to be cheaper (they put fares down on Tuesday nights I think? Something like that.)
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:10 pm
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice

I just saw a story on the news about airfares going down in general around the 21st of August because that's when kids go back to school and vacations are winding down.They said they will drop 10-20%.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:15 pm
BE Reader for years!

BritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really nice

Fingers crossed as I am hoping to plan my next trip home! :-)
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Was just looking the other day ready for visit in November 2012 or May 2013. Both were $740 return pp on certain days flying direct on Delta BOS to LHR.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:59 pm
BE Reader for years!

BritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really nice

I should be so lucky! Orlando to LGW is always more expensive than that. There is a sweet spot in early March each year where flights are in the $700's. Other than that, they are a grand or so.

Flights really are ridiculous.

I even got myself an email read out on BBC Radio 4's You and Your's several months ago because it is ridiculous that Brit's can visit the US for cheap, while Yanks flying to the UK are ripped off. (They were talking about Brit's getting better deals than other countries for different things)