Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

disrimination ?

disrimination ?

Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: disrimination ?

FFS ..what a load of fuss about nothing ... I must talk to 20+ Downs syndrome people on here ....

But do me a favor ..if you see a Down's Syndrome kid .. just stop and say hello ... They will be delighted .....
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:48 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Say what you like. I've worked in a restaurant that intentionally sat black people and Mexicans in the back near the kitchen. It was an unwritten policy.
Name names yo!
I don't want to eat at no racist restaurant.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarah
Name names yo!
Have you thought of moving?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:01 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Have you thought of moving?
You talkina me? Huh?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:47 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be a pattern here, e.g.

http://www.lawmemo.com/eeoc/press/3-10-06b.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/money/compan...r-barrel_x.htm

"Cracker Barrel became notorious in 1991 when it was revealed that the company had a formal policy of firing employees "whose sexual preferences fail to demonstrate normal heterosexual values which have been the foundation of families in our society." At least 11 workers were fired as a result. The company's blatant discrimination -- which remains legal in 37 states -- touched off a wave protests and boycotts at Cracker Barrel restaurants." http://gratefuldread.net/archives/ca...nviolence.html

Dismissing it
Old Oct 19th 2006, 12:13 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

In my defense, I did have a few too many last night
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Not sure anyone got that one....
I did.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:07 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I did.
Being in FL...I got it too. I feel very offended and may have to sue.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:07 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Well!! here is something I have never known before:

I apparently made a grown man shed tears of joy yesterday ...

I had popped into Joyce's office yesterday .. and on my way out
the man was at the counter and his son (young teenager) was sitting in a chair by the window ... staring at my truck...so I sat with the boy and was telling him all about my truck ... I asked dad ..if the boy could sit in it .. and that was ok with Dad ..... We did that and chatted ..and I left ..
Joyce said dad wept tears of joy ..because so few adults ever spoke to his son ... Because the son was a Down Syndrome child...

Amazing what you can do with a few words ...
Can I puke now?
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:09 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Can I puke now?
I'm still waiting for the punchline.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:21 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Sarah
Name names yo!
It was at a Walgreen's restaurant in the 80s. I don't think there are any around anymore but I guess you could boycott their pharmacies. Growing up in this environment is why I give the accusations of racism the benefit of the doubt.

It went like this:

Black guys worked in the kitchen, Mexican guys cleaned tables and floors and white girls waited on the customers. The manager was a middle-aged white guy. I was told to seat the niggers and wetbacks in the back because if white people looked in the window and saw them they would eat somewhere else. Mind you - 20 years before that they would have refused them service full stop. I could tell you more but I think you get the picture.

People from Mrs. Rock's generation were the ones that had to use separate water fountains and entrances. Maybe she's a little overly-sensitive.... some scars run deep.

I found this on the inter-web from 1939:

http://www.ameshistoricalsociety.org.../walgreens.htm

If you click on the menu cover you can enlarge it - I thought it was interesting. Canada hasn't changed a bit.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:22 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Being in FL...I got it too. I feel very offended and may have to sue.
Shut it, cracker.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:25 am
Account Closed

It was at a Walgreen's restaurant in the 80s. I don't think there are any around anymore but I guess you could boycott their pharmacies. Growing up in this environment is why I give the accusations of racism the benefit of the doubt.

It went like this:

Black guys worked in the kitchen, Mexican guys cleaned tables and floors and white girls waited on the customers. The manager was a middle-aged white guy. I was told to seat the niggers and wetbacks in the back because if white people looked in the window and saw them they would eat somewhere else. Mind you - 20 years before that they would have refused them service full stop. I could tell you more but I think you get the picture.

People from Mrs. Rock's generation were the ones that had to use separate water fountains and entrances. Maybe she's a little overly-sensitive.... some scars run deep.

I found this on the inter-web from 1939:

http://www.ameshistoricalsociety.org.../walgreens.htm

If you click on the menu cover you can enlarge it - I thought it was interesting. Canada hasn't changed a bit.

Yes I can understand but that would be like saying she's a woman and so was sexually discriminated against because 50 years ago women had to sit in a seperate are to men.

Sometimes, you know, people are just dufuses and screw up....it may just be the case here that she was (allegedly) overlooked for a short while because of a dufus waiter(ess). I've had it happened to me.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:27 am
Account Closed

Shut it, cracker.
I am not a fat ugly scottish bloke...

Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:30 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Yes I can understand but that would be like saying she's a woman and so was sexually discriminated against because 50 years ago women had to sit in a seperate are to men.

Sometimes, you know, people are just dufuses and screw up....it may just be the case here that she was (allegedly) overlooked for a short while because of a dufus waiter(ess). I've had it happened to me.
Again, she may be overly sensitive OR she may have been treated badly. We don't really know do we?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.