Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

disrimination ?

disrimination ?

Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:30 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default disrimination ?

Chris Rock's mom: Cracker Barrel discriminated

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

I'm sorry but I WAS at a Cracker Barrel last week in Georgia with my mum and sister who were visiting from the UK. We waited 45 minutes for our food and the service was terrible. Was it discrimination? Some people were getting served (it depended on their order). We found out they were a chef short.

I'm done with the disrimination card being played for something like this.. It works both ways.

In GA. The people who work for Cracker Barrel are nicer than most servers I get served by.. of any race. It's a low paid, high turnover industry. If it was racism, sue the PERSON, not the company... The world's gone mad...
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:32 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: disrimination ?

Cracker barrel.........

the irony is fantastic.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:35 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s

I'm sorry but I WAS at a Cracker Barrel last week in Georgia with my mum and sister who were visiting from the UK. We waited 45 minutes for our food and the service was terrible. Was it discrimination? Some people were getting served (it depended on their order). We found out they were a chef short.

I'm done with the disrimination card being played for something like this.. It works both ways.

In GA. The people who work for Cracker Barrel are nicer than most servers I get served by.. of any race. It's a low paid, high turnover industry. If it was racism, sue the PERSON, not the company... The world's gone mad...
Say what you like. I've worked in a restaurant that intentionally sat black people and Mexicans in the back near the kitchen. It was an unwritten policy.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:36 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree. We had to wait a long time for our food one time too. People had come , ate and left before we got ours. Apparently they lost the order. On another occasion the food was so cold we had to send it back. My wife didn't want to for fear of it getting spat on so the manager cooked it personally for her.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:36 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

The clue was in the first part of the name of the restaurant.

The article states that there have been numerous lawsuits filed for discrimination against black customers, minorities and gay employees. While you may have experienced slow service with a reason given for that slow service, it would appear that Ms Rock was simply ignored.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:37 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
I have to agree. We had to wait a long time for our food one time too. People had come , ate and left before we got ours. Apparently they lost the order. On another occasion the food was so cold we had to send it back. My wife didn't want to for fear of it getting spat on so the manager cooked it personally for her.
Managers spit in the food too.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dan_alford
That's beacuse you do not complain like the yanks.

My missus would be screaming blue murder,but she is tame compared to my step daughter.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I've eaten there ONCE. The service was so pathetic, I said I'd never do it again. (Maybe they thought I was hispanic with a blonde/blue-eyed hubby?)
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Retards.

We've had shitty meals ourselves sometimes in places, including waiting longer than normal or watching others get serverd ahead of us, or cold food. Did I feel discriminated against? No...I was annoyed and mentioned it. In one instance we got a discount on another we got free puddings. In this case the manager offered Ms Rock a free meal, but - oh no - thats not enough they want money, because they had to wait a whole 30 minutes!!!! Tell them to **** off.

I'm sure real discrimination has and does occur, but all this kind of crap does is make it harder for real cases to be heard.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Is this the same company that makes the cheese? I didnt know they had restaurants, live and learn!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:49 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Managers spit in the food too.
Hush dont let her know that

Once knew a couple from online gaming, hubby was a truck driver and his wife was a chef. He used to hate going out to eat anywhere other than fast food joints as she would always send the food back, even his.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by willmore
Is this the same company that makes the cheese? I didnt know they had restaurants, live and learn!
Yup. All up and down the interstates. They have these really cute country stores attached to the restaurant - that I go to, but never the restaurant.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:56 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Yup. All up and down the interstates. They have these really cute country stores attached to the restaurant - that I go to, but never the restaurant.
I think she meant cracker barrel brand cheese, made by Kraft.
Slight chance of Showers

Originally Posted by Boiler
That's beacuse you do not complain like the yanks.

My missus would be screaming blue murder,but she is tame compared to my step daughter.
My wife is the Yank

AWP, I agree with you on service and perceptions. When we got married, we had to fly to New York to get my wife her British Visa. We stayed in a 4 star hotel a block away from the consulate. On the last day, we were waiting for a taxi and decided to eat in the restaurant in the hotel. We were also in jeans and casual tops. The cheapest items on the menu were $25 philly cheese steaks. We had piss poor service , the guy barely acknowledged us. We had to wait 20 minutes for him to take our order and then after bringing us the food he never came back or refilled our drinks. This is the only time in the states that we have paid for food with exact change.

The flip side of this is a local Ryan's buffet. There is a guy there, William, from Brazil. He is one of the best waiters I have seen. Our glasses are never empty, he will bring us fresh food from the kitchen and he has got to know us so well he knows when I change from drinking softdrinks to Coffee in a meal. When he goes home to Brazil he brings us back Brazilian coffee. Needless to say he gets more than the 15-20% tip from us.

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you have to wait 30 minutes for service at a processed cheese restaurant?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.