Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:30 pm
Banned

RaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really nice
Default Re: Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Originally Posted by Rushman
So, Mr Shrewsbury Golden Gloves champion.......I guess that when this guy gave you a mouthful you just meekly handed him his cart and walked to the front of the store and got another.

Far from being a degenerate..I don't give anyone undeserved shit and I don't take anyones either.

If Mr Chicago had walked out of the restroom and said something like "Hey Buddy, thats my cart you've got there" or something equally polite (in the US sense of the word) I would've apologised and got another. However, like I said, if he gave me a mouthfull straight off the bat then he can either kiss my arse for his cart or I would go toe to toe in the supermarket. I wouldnt let him think I was some pussy that he could just shout down.

Then you'd be going toe to toe everyday in the supermarket..You can only do that a few times before they lock you in a cage.. Thats probably where you belong. You sound like common white trash..You embarrass everyone from the UK Rushman..So do me a favor- Next time someone hears your accent and asks you where you are from? Do us all a favor and say Australia. I for one don't want to be associated with you in any way.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RaiseTheDead
I'm not so insecure that I have to impose my will on everyone around me, or brag about how tough I am on the internet..Sounds like you 'people" have been thoroughly americanized..While I have maintained my dignity..
Well ok.....I've been Americanized..... But I've been thoroughly.....wait what's the "anized" for Brits?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I've not met very many British that wouldn't stand up for their rights in some way. And thanks for the compliment......I'm proud to be a degenerate......kind of makes me feel all tingly inside or something......
Oooh - can I be tingly with you?

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; Jul 8th 2007 at 1:34 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Oh, can't wait. Haven't had this much fun on the board in weeks
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Oooh - can be be tingly with you?
can "be be" ? Hmmm......well probably not.
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Well ok.....I've been Americanized..... But I've been thoroughly.....wait what's the "anized" for Brits?
Anglified
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Then you'd be going toe to toe everyday in the supermarket..You can only do that a few times before they lock you in a cage.. Thats probably where you belong. You sound like common white trash..You embarrass everyone from the UK Rushman..So do me a favor- Next time someone hears your accent and asks you where you are from? Do us all a favor and say Australia. I for one don't want to be associated with you in any way.
Your way out of line here can you do us all a favor and cruel back under your bridge.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sally
Anglified
Thanks, Sally.......aha well I've been Americanised and Anglified.....
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

can "be be" ? Hmmm......well probably not.
You read my typo before I was able to fix it. Sorry - I'm reading Guinevere's thread and understandably am distracted.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by KJ2007
You read my typo before I was able to fix it. Sorry - I'm reading Guinevere's thread and understandably am distracted.
One of the Rights of Passage for a newbie that wants to hang around a bit. I don't envy you......
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Then you'd be going toe to toe everyday in the supermarket..You can only do that a few times before they lock you in a cage.. Thats probably where you belong. You sound like common white trash..You embarrass everyone from the UK Rushman..
You're off your nut. Everyday?? You just must have a face that the locals want to punch. That crap doesnt happen 'everyday".

I for one don't want to be associated with you in any way.
So you wont be visiting this forum anymore then? Good...you talk a complete load of bollocks anyway.

Daily fights over carts in supermarkets Gimme a break ya drama queen.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
Your way out of line here can you do us all a favor and cruel back under your bridge.
What she said
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sally
Anglified
Anglicised surely?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

Anglicised surely?
That's it :embaressed_smile:
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

You're off your nut. Everyday?? You just must have a face that the locals want to punch. That crap doesnt happen 'everyday".

So you wont be visiting this forum anymore then? Good...you talk a complete load of bollocks anyway.

Daily fights over carts in supermarkets Gimme a break ya drama queen.
Ray usually pops upwith his guide lines at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.