Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Desperate situation

Desperate situation

Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

selectap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperate situation

my wife came to the U.K for 6 months and left in september 2013 to return home and give birth to our child
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by selectap
Maybe if you learnt to read an entire post AMERLISA you would see i stated that my wife came to the uk last year. Or is your reply a hoax?
No it's not a hoax and sorry, I wasn't responding to you, but Rete.

Anyhoo.... Good luck with your situation. I'm sure it can't be easy trying to figure this all out from the UK and a brand new baby in the US. Do try and remain calm when you call CPS and hopefully you'll get some better answers for your son's situation.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

LoL our good health care system? £6000 for the baby to be born over here. Her visa was up and i didnt want her to overstay. And the small fact that social services had just kidnapped a visitor and drugged her and cut her baby out of her because she had a mental condition. I thought she would be safer over there.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

LoL our good health care system? £6000 for the baby to be born over here. Her visa was up and i didnt want her to overstay. And the small fact that social services had just kidnapped a visitor and drugged her and cut her baby out of her because she had a mental condition. I thought she would be safer over there.
When did it start costing to have a baby in the UK?
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:51 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
When did it start costing to have a baby in the UK?
When you don't have a visa. Health tourism is frowned upon unless you're paying your way.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I understand how upset you must be, but please don't be so dramatic and give untrue facts.

Your wife is not a visitor. She is a USC and this is her country.

I'm sure they did not take her from her home, placed her in a hospital and did a C-Section against her wishes.

Now I am dropping out of the thread. I've given my advice and wish you and your family the best possible outcome to this situation.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
I understand how upset you must be, but please don't be so dramatic and give untrue facts.

I'm sure they did not take her from her home, placed her in a hospital and did a C-Section against her wishes.

Now I am dropping out of the thread. I've given my advice and wish you and your family the best possible outcome to this situation.
The social services in london went to an address in the city where a pregnant spanish citizen with a mental health condition was staying. Sectioned her, took her to hospital, drugged her and performed a c section on her. it was a well covered news item here.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

No, he's talking about a recent shocking case in the UK.

The social services in london went to an address in the city where a pregnant Spanish citizen with a mental health condition was staying. Sectioned her, took her to hospital, drugged her and performed a c section on her. it was a well covered news item here.
She was Italian, and already had three or four other children in Italy.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 8th 2014 at 3:02 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

selectap,

Are you not in touch with your wife? You guys need to consult with an attorney on what's happening. Probably two attorneys...one for the social services dilemma, and one for your immigration dilemma.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
When you don't have a visa. Health tourism is frowned upon unless you're paying your way.

The social services in london went to an address in the city where a pregnant spanish citizen with a mental health condition was staying. Sectioned her, took her to hospital, drugged her and performed a c section on her. it was a well covered news item here.
Confusing...

Good luck, Selectap!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

Having worked in the baby birthing biz in the US for a couple of decades I have to say that if CPS removed this baby there must have been a good reason. If the hospital/physician had concerns that were reported to CPS. CPS has to respond. They respond in 3 ways. 1. unfounded, baby goes home with mom 2. A potential problem, then a safety plan is put in place and mom /baby discharged with safety plan in place. 3.There is a significant risk of harm to the baby. The baby is removed from moms custody, and placed in foster care. To be honest, the most common reason for this route is when substance abuse is an issue. Either mom has a positive screen on admission, or the baby has symptoms that warrant a drug screen. This is not the only reason for removal , but one that is the most common, in my experience. Obviously, I don't know, so please do take this personally, it is just an observation.

There will likely be an emergency court hearing, usually within 72 hours of removal where a judge will decide if there was sufficient cause for removing the baby. There will also be a meeting where all will (Family/CPS/ Guardian ad litem/CPS attorney)meet and a plan is developed for the baby to return home. As the father of the baby, you do have rights, and will be included in the process. You need to contact CPS. If it is any consolation, the goal of CPS is to reunite families. I wish you luck.

Last edited by DebzinUS; Jan 8th 2014 at 3:31 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

I am consulting with my wife at the mo. We are waiting on a callback from an attorney so we dont have to use a court appointed one. The CPS woman has just informed my wife that the court date is today.That they want to take our child because a; she has a mental health issue and b; she is a licensed medical marijuana patient. How can you be victimised for having mental health issues or for taking a perfectly legal medication?
I
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

I contacted the CPS and they said i could phone the court and listen in on the proceedings they didnt have an answer when i told them it was illegal to discriminate against someone based on mental health problems and their response to the legal medicine use was we dont care if its legal we dont like it. Seriously thats what the woman said.It does not matter what is enshrined in state law? Does that mean all women who are on pain medication or anti-depressants are at risk?
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:38 pm

.... for taking a perfectly legal medication?
Cannabis is not "perfectly legal", it is controversial both medically (much of the therapeutic benefit is not well understood and the evidence is only anecdotal) and legally (much of what has happened is decriminalisation at the state level, not "legalization", and in any case is specifically illegal under US federal law.)

That said, apparently the law in Michigan on medical marijuana specifically says that usage by the mother or father) is NOT sufficient grounds to remove a child from the home, and a case in October 2013 got a lot of publicity in Michigan when a child was returned to a MM-using couple.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 8th 2014 at 3:50 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

I contacted the CPS and they said i could phone the court and listen in on the proceedings they didnt have an answer when i told them it was illegal to discriminate against someone based on mental health problems and their response to the legal medicine use was we dont care if its legal we dont like it. Seriously thats what the woman said.It does not matter what is enshrined in state law? Does that mean all women who are on pain medication or anti-depressants are at risk?
You need to get an attorney, asap as others have said, who is versed in this kind of proceeding - I don't think there is much sense at this stage to be calling around yourself, as imo it could possibly make things worse. You need an independent source of guidance that can offer you a calm and reasoned way to proceed.

Best of luck.

Hoffage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.