Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Denver bound

Denver bound

Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:49 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold
Default Denver bound

Greetings all. I discovered this forum a couple of months agowhen my wife and I were contemplating moving to NZ - until I was offered a relocation with the company I work for to Denver!! Have been trawling through the fourm - it's very useful.

To introduce myself I am 31, born in NZ and moved to the UK when I was 6. I am married and have an 11 year old daughter (I was an early starter ). We're all excited about moving to the US - non more so than my daughter.

Any other Coloradians (is that a word?) on the board? If so, let's have some tit-bits of what's good and what's not.

Thanx

ATB
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denver bound

Can't help you with denver...but welcome to the site at least, and I noticed you found that other amusing thread already

anyway, I think there's a couple people around that are in the neck of the woods, and i'm sure other people will be able to help out
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Welcome!

I have lived in America over three years now and my husband and I are looking to relocate to Colorado next summer. Probably close to but not in Denver.

We hope to visit soonish to have a look around at areas and houses. Housing costs are great out there. and property taxes very reasonable. Especially compared to NY!!

I hope you and I get lots of useful info on this thread!!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately for you, the only parts of Denver I've seen were on Dog The Bounty Hunter (he's from there originally).

Last edited by anotherlimey; Aug 1st 2005 at 8:29 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:35 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
If so, let's have some tit-bits of ...........and what's not.
Colorado Avalanche are complete bobbins.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately for you, the only parts of Denver I've seen were on Dog The Bounty Hunter (he's from there originally).
He was on the radio yesterday in connection with the Mexican Denver Cop Killer.

Denver is often used to descrive the Metropolitan area, the city area itself is quite small.

Where abouts are you moving to?

Hot and dry, this month all 90+, but it is threatening to rain today, here's hoping.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:55 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings all. I discovered this forum a couple of months agowhen my wife and I were contemplating moving to NZ - until I was offered a relocation with the company I work for to Denver!! Have been trawling through the fourm - it's very useful.

To introduce myself I am 31, born in NZ and moved to the UK when I was 6. I am married and have an 11 year old daughter (I was an early starter ). We're all excited about moving to the US - non more so than my daughter.

Any other Coloradians (is that a word?) on the board? If so, let's have some tit-bits of what's good and what's not.

Thanx

ATB
I lived in Denver for 2 years until about 2 weeks ago (now in FL). Is there something specific you want to know?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:54 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boiler
Where abouts are you moving to?
Our office is in Golden and I am looking to live quite close to the office; perhaps around Morrison or around the Ken Caryl area. I'm open to hearing about nice neighbourhoods and schools for my daugher. She is 11, 12 in Jan 06.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:29 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

you need to get yourself a Subaru Station Wagon (AKA a Suby-wagen)
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
you need to get yourself a Subaru Station Wagon (AKA a Suby-wagen)
Things have moved on, SVU usage second only to California, or a Truck. Subaru's are still popular, especially if you are looking up in the Mountains.

And they can go around corners.

Handy for Red Rocks but I know little about that housing market.

E470 will be going through Golden, so bear that in mind.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:31 pm
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bob
Can't help you with denver...but welcome to the site at least, and I noticed you found that other amusing thread already
That thread must have affected you, and obviously others, in some deep and fundamental way for you to now bring it up in such a manner. Not surprising as it marks a fundamental change from the usual people talking nonsense and calling each other "twats."

Originally Posted by Bob
anyway, I think there's a couple people around that are in the neck of the woods, and i'm sure other people will be able to help out

To the original poster why not try and get in touch with Americans from the area? Maybe through an online forum such as this one. A local one maybe. Obviously language is not a barrier and who better than the natives to ask for advice. Who knows, you may even make a few good American friends long before you ever step foot in the city.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
That thread must have affected you, and obviously others, in some deep and fundamental way for you to now bring it up in such a manner. Not surprising as it marks a fundamental change from the usual people talking nonsense and calling each other "twats."

To the original poster why not try and get in touch with Americans from the area? Maybe through an online forum such as this one. A local one maybe. Obviously language is not a barrier and who better than the natives to ask for advice. Who knows, you may even make a few good American friends long before you ever step foot in the city.
It's surprising how many times you say you don't like this place and the people and won't return and do so...but anyway....what do you think the persons trying to do, asking for help and if anyone's in the area?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:45 pm
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bob
It's surprising how many times you say you don't like this place and the people and won't return and do so...but anyway....
Really? I only only said it once. For someone that is obviously reading my words so intently you should have noticed that. Not surrprisngly you, and others here, only see what you want to see. That has been made quite graphically clear since my first post in this forum.

I may just hang around a bit longer. Or do you plan on banning me because I don't call people "twats?"

Originally Posted by Bob
what do you think the persons trying to do, asking for help and if anyone's in the area?
Obviously, but I gave much more useful advice. Advice that will help a person to assimilate much better into a new culture.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

ScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
Obviously, but I gave much more useful advice. Advice that will help a person to assimilate much better into a new culture.
Don't you think that is a highly presumptuous comment? Who are you to decide what the OP will find more useful?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

ok, ok everyone. I am v. interested in this thread. And virtually all of it has nothing to do with Denver or Colorado. Please lets just keep it on topic!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.