Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Denver Airport

Denver Airport

Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:26 pm
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denver Airport

Originally Posted by Boiler
Estes Park?

I was at DIA last night, now I could be wrong but judging from some of the Ladies I saw coming in, the Democrats will not be short of company....
From what I have read locally, apparently 40,000 working gals are expected...local god squad chapter is ready for redemption of the fallen.

Should make dinner out interesting...

Last edited by Kali-forniarrr; Aug 21st 2008 at 12:29 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I was at DIA last night, now I could be wrong but judging from some of the Ladies I saw coming in, the Democrats will not be short of company....
DIA - The Defence Intelligence Agency?

FWIW the TLA for Denver International Airport is "DEN" ...
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by md95065
DIA - The Defence Intelligence Agency?

FWIW the TLA for Denver International Airport is "DEN" ...
Maybe

But in CO its known as DIA. I guess it goes back to the Stapleton days, the new one was called DIA.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

benblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nice

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Pffft. You should try Colorado Springs. Pack a spare pair of underwear...
Try Baghdad.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 1:48 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
i arrived in Denver today - not really a biggie. But for the tram from the terminal to the baggage claim and ground transportation. It was just too good. The guy making the announcements which is obviously taped should be making millions. I expected the lone ranger to be waiting when the doors opened.

little things please little minds. btw the music was amazing too.
It's a nice airport, I like it too...

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Do do-do-do; Please Hang On....

Did people clap and cheer when you landed? That's the one thing I've never understood people do over here. Once on a flight, when we touched down, usual claps, cheers and whistle broke out... so I joined in the spirit and yelled - "3 Cheers for the Pilot - Hip Hip...." Nothing, zip.. quiet and people stared at me as though I was the moron.

Anyway, Welcome to the Mile-Hi City!
Did that happen on a "normal" flight? I've only seen that on very rough flight, I guess people are just happy to land in one piece...

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Pffft. You should try Colorado Springs. Pack a spare pair of underwear...
I'll remember that... Aspen-Denver (both ways) can be pretty bad too on those little planes...
Old Aug 25th 2008, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
Things to do in Denver? It seems rather flat...

In fact, decent things to do in Co. once my obligation here is complete..
I believe the 'great outdoors' would be one thing to consider. The views are stunning, the air is clean, the people are healthy ... what do you expect ... Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically…
Old Aug 25th 2008, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
Or Courchevel ...
How about the old Hong Kong airport (Kai Tak - now closed) ... you basically fly down through skyscrapers and apartment blocks looking in through people's windows .... very scary first few times! I used to fly first class to HK (company policy - no wonder that one went out of business!) and was too stupid to realize that alcohol and high altitude for 15 hours is not a good mix. I remember waking up, looking out the window thinking we were going to crash, and not even caring because my hangover was so bad!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 2:16 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
How about the old Hong Kong airport (Kai Tak - now closed) ...
fantastic place.

Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Manc
nice video, but that does not begin to capture the sense of 'proximity' you have to the mountains and apartments as you look out the window !!! I mean ... you can see what they are eating for dinner!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:28 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Did that happen on a "normal" flight? I've only seen that on very rough flight, I guess people are just happy to land in one piece....
Normal flights... I must pick the wrong flights to and from the UK.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:40 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
fantastic place. <snip>
St. Maarten -

Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
St. Maarten -

No fair showing me St. Martaan - I wanna gooooo (loved it there).

Perhaps not directly behind a jet though
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

oh that was good. why in gods name they dont shut off that part of the beach tho amazed me.. scarey.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
oh that was good. why in gods name they dont shut off that part of the beach tho amazed me.. scarey.
Probably because the locals would be deprived of a favorite form of entertainment - watching the tourists!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bogota is another fun airport - El Dorado ... descend through mountains at high altidute onto a tight runway, with crashed out airline hulls lying on the side of the runways ...

Last edited by Steerpike; Aug 26th 2008 at 1:43 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.