Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dental Assistant Comment

Dental Assistant Comment

Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:39 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice
Default Re: Dental Assistant Comment

Originally Posted by CarlM
Hey, i invested a lot of time, energy and sarcasm into getting my own stalker..
Hey - that would be a great idea for a small business... niche in the market too ! ....... hmmmmmmm
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:41 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
they have their own teeth !!!!!!!! lucky people ! you should see some of the people in the TN mountains !

ps. who is amanda ?
No, I think he meant they have one set of teeth that they pass around at meal times. :scared:
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:50 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by dunroving
No, I think he meant they have one set of teeth that they pass around at meal times. :scared:
That would make more sense ! LOLOL..... I've seen people down here that are probably jealous of Geogre Washington's wooden teeth !
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:58 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
I think that would disgust even the 'bacca chewers in these parts!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

flybyday is just really niceflybyday is just really niceflybyday is just really niceflybyday is just really niceflybyday is just really niceflybyday is just really niceflybyday is just really niceflybyday is just really niceflybyday is just really niceflybyday is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Its all about the facade.

Before we left the UK our daughter had Ozone treatment on all her back teeth. It cost us about 100 quid. What it does is promote the teeth to heal themselves rather than have fillings. It also allgedly means she will never need fillings in those teeth. We took her here to a (very reputable and expensive) dentist and she said "Wow arent her teeth in good shape? <for a brit >", We said, "Yeah she had that ozone treatment before we left the UK." The dentist looked puzzled and said "Thats not something we have here."

Says it all to me.

Regarding the ozone treatment,

ozone treatment

it is not yet approved by the FDA and is therefore not yet legal in the US.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by flybyday
Regarding the ozone treatment,

ozone treatment

it is not yet approved by the FDA and is therefore not yet legal in the US.
Oh yes we cant forget the good old FDA....Approving drugs to make your world safer
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:20 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Oh yes we cant forget the good old FDA....Approving drugs to make your world safer
not keen on the FDA either, but please don't tell me you've been listening to Kevin Trudeau?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

My US friend was busy a few months ago promoting to me and my OH the benefits of going to her dentist, she said he was pricey but well worth it. Out of politeness we said oh how lovely. Well the next minute she had called him to say two English people may get in touch and if they did to remember that she referred them.

Needless to say we didnt bother with her dentist and soon forgot about it. Well a month or so ago we went to a bar that had loud cheesy jazz music blaring out so no one could talk or hear themselves. In the middle of the dance floor there was this 80's throwback twat dressed like Limal the lead singer of Kagagoogoo giving it his 80's moves, with the whitest teeth I have ever seen, no joking you needed sunglasses to even get near. My friend pipes up oh look there's my dentist!! I said what really that twatty 80's throwback guy, she was not impressed. However she then went on to tell me that he owned a Mansion on the edge of a famous golf course because he was doing so well from his dentistry. Well I certainly know of a few bucks more he wont be getting!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clydegirl
.... I hate the dentist ......
I didn't in the UK, but do now. Here I always get the "benefit" of the assistant spendng 20 minutes scraping at my teeth with a metal gouge, digging into my gums, and setting my teeth on edge. I am guaranteed two months of misery before my teeth settle down after a trip to the dentist.

That was never a problem in the UK, and after my teenage years I rarely had a filling - in fact only filling repalcements, I think. Now I dread going to the dentist.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 10:56 pm
sas
Forum Regular

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice

A friend of mine had a chipped tooth and went to see a dentist she picked out of the phonebook, dentist said she needed root canal, crown, fillings etc, cost about $2000, needless to say she walked out sharpish!!

She went to another dentist that someone recomended and he told her she only needed the crown, cost $350 ish.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 11:05 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a british dental assistant working in the USA (New York to be precise) and I can tell you that I have seen some of the most disgusting mouths you could ever wish to see in this country. I have also worked in Britain and seen the same thing. I think it's a teeth issue in general and how people take care of them and not where you are from or which counry you've had your dental work done in. (p.s I'm polite to every patient who's in my chair
Old Jan 15th 2006, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cutina
not keen on the FDA either, but please don't tell me you've been listening to Kevin Trudeau?
No.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

BlightyBoy is on a distinguished road

And where exactly did this idea that the British have bad teeth come from? The royal family perhaps (or should we just say horsey teeth here rather than bad)? Thanks to Austin Powers and the like people will probably continue to get their impressions of the British through Hollywood, just like they think we are all snooty lords living in stately homes with butlers.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 3:02 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlightyBoy
..... people will probably continue to get their impressions of the British through Hollywood, just like they think we are all snooty lords living in stately homes with butlers.
... or male strippers (all right it wasn't a Hollywood movie, but you know what I mean).
Old Jan 16th 2006, 3:18 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that bad teeth probably has something to do with obesity. Obviously those that are obese, eat crap food, probably loaded with sugar, hence bad teeth. I know people here who drink nothing but soda, I mean come on, if it can rust a nail, what's it doing to your teeth?!?! It's the same for bulimia, their stomach acid rots their teeth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.