Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dental Assistant Comment

Dental Assistant Comment

Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:13 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dental Assistant Comment

the majority of americans have worse teeth than the majority of english people

america has a much larger proportion of people who cannot afford preventative care or work to rectify issues - simple as that

just because people in orange county, CA have better teeth than people in corby, uk, does not mean that teeth in the uk are worse

People in the usa are as retarded about teeth in england vs usa as english people are about weather in florida/usa vs uk
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:14 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
the majority of americans have worse teeth than the majority of english people

america has a much larger proportion of people who cannot afford preventative care or work to rectify issues - simple as that

just because people in orange county, CA have better teeth than people in corby, uk, does not mean that teeth in the uk are worse

People in the usa are as retarded about teeth in england vs usa as english people are about weather in florida/usa vs uk
HA! nice summation!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:06 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Have to say I think my dentist is great. Bloody expensive, but also very good, and the dental assistants are very nice. And they've never made an unkind comment about Europeans or Brits.

But I have heard them doing Austin Powers impressions behind my back.

(Just kidding)
hahaha, now that's funny!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:39 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I dont buy the Americans have better teeth argument at all...unless better means false.

American good teeth = Surgically straightened and then bleached to within an inch of their lives, at astronomical costs, in order to cover up all the tarring and degredation from high sugar high fat foods.

British good teeth = Checked every 6 months with any fillings needing doing done for about 12 quid and a clean and polish for a tenner.

We have friends here whose kids have dreadful teeth...brown and crooked and manky from too much sugar and not enough looking after. The parents say no problem as they'll have them all straightened and bleached and capped in a couple of years anyway.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:43 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I dont buy the Americans have better teeth argument at all...unless better means false.

American good teeth = Surgically straightened and then bleached to within an inch of their lives, at astronomical costs, in order to cover up all the tarring and degredation from high sugar high fat foods.

British good teeth = Checked every 6 months with any fillings needing doing done for about 12 quid and a clean and polish for a tenner.

We have friends here whose kids have dreadful teeth...brown and crooked and manky from too much sugar and not enough looking after. The parents say no problem as they'll have them all straightened and bleached and capped in a couple of years anyway.
I totally agree. My daughter was 6 when we first arrived here. I couldn't believe the amount of fillings kids in her class already had at that age, whilst she had none.
People seem to equate bleeched white teeth to healthy teeth, but slapping some peroxide on your teeth doesn't mean they're healthy. Plus, look at the bad teeth on show on Extreme Makeover. :scared:

I overheard a conversation once between a group of mum's at my kid's school once. They are all experts on British teeth apparently. In their opinion, we all have really bad teeth and know nothing about dental hygiene! Well I felt sooo mad hearing this, but I'd only just heard my mum had terminal cancer, so instead of giving them a piece of my mind, I just crumpled and stormed out in tears. What a bummer. At least I spread the word about what had happened afterwards, those mum's were given the cold shoulder by most after that.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
I totally agree. My daughter was 6 when we first arrived here. I couldn't believe the amount of fillings kids in her class already had at that age, whilst she had none.
People seem to equate bleeched white teeth to healthy teeth, but slapping some peroxide on your teeth doesn't mean they're healthy. Plus, look at the bad teeth on show on Extreme Makeover. :scared:

I overheard a conversation once between a group of mum's at my kid's school once. They are all experts on British teeth apparently. In their opinion, we all have really bad teeth and know nothing about dental hygiene! Well I felt sooo mad hearing this, but I'd only just heard my mum had terminal cancer, so instead of giving them a piece of my mind, I just crumpled and stormed out in tears. What a bummer. At least I spread the word about what had happened afterwards, those mum's were given the cold shoulder by most after that.
Its all about the facade.

Before we left the UK our daughter had Ozone treatment on all her back teeth. It cost us about 100 quid. What it does is promote the teeth to heal themselves rather than have fillings. It also allgedly means she will never need fillings in those teeth. We took her here to a (very reputable and expensive) dentist and she said "Wow arent her teeth in good shape? <for a brit >", We said, "Yeah she had that ozone treatment before we left the UK." The dentist looked puzzled and said "Thats not something we have here."

Says it all to me.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:19 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Whilst my wife was over with me in the UK for a short while, she had to see the dentist there.... HE was shocked and horified at the lack of quality in her existing dental work from the US.

It always feels like 'root canal' is the answer to everything here !
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:24 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I always try to make some joke about the movie Marathon Man, and compare my dentist (who actually is great) to Dr. Szell...'Is it safe?'.

He never seems to enjoy such jokes.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:18 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I have to disagree!!! I've never seen such awful teeth as I've seen here! They say we're the ones with the bad teeth, I don't think so! I asked why they thought this & they said, because you guys have to pay for your dental care. I look at them puzzled & say, no, that would be you!!! After all dental care in England is free for kids, you have to pay for it here whatever age you are. I've never needed braces or anything like that, mine are near perfect, although they could be a little whiter!
here in SE Ohio, we have familys of 15 people with 25 teeth between the lot of them.. i have never seen such grusome dental displays come close in the UK!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:21 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by CarlM
here in SE Ohio, we have familys of 15 people with 25 teeth between the lot of them.. i have never seen such grusome dental displays come close in the UK!
they have their own teeth !!!!!!!! lucky people ! you should see some of the people in the TN mountains !

ps. who is amanda ?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:05 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
they have their own teeth !!!!!!!! lucky people ! you should see some of the people in the TN mountains !

ps. who is amanda ?
She is some usernet member who took offense when i gave a sarcastic answer, (me - surely not!) and now she reads very deep into my messages and critisizes me for pretty much everything i post. She usually posts on the immigration forums.

She also has the hump because she hasnt got a GC and i have! Ha!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:18 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
She is some usernet member who took offense when i gave a sarcastic answer, (me - surely not!) and now she reads very deep into my messages and critisizes me for pretty much everything i post.
that's nice!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:30 pm
strangely floppy..

Originally Posted by cutina
that's nice!
I know.. the sheer angst i feel..
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by cutina
that's nice!
No fair - I'd probably have to pay someone to stalk me ! he gets his own for free !
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:38 pm
strangely floppy..

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
No fair - I'd probably have to pay someone to stalk me ! he gets his own for free !
Hey, i invested a lot of time, energy and sarcasm into getting my own stalker..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.