Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dell Laptop Battery Recall

Dell Laptop Battery Recall

Old Aug 15th 2006, 4:28 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dell Laptop Battery Recall

If anyone is unsure about the latest news regarding Dell Laptop batteries being recalled, here is the site to check your model numbers and part numbers:

Battery Recall
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dell Laptop Battery Recall

Originally Posted by rincewind
If anyone is unsure about the latest news regarding Dell Laptop batteries being recalled, here is the site to check your model numbers and part numbers:

Battery Recall
According to the lunchtime news its not just Dell PCs....its the Sony battery that's the problem....which is used by HP and others.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 3:24 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Apple are doing a similiar recall on iBook and Powerbook batteries that pose fire risks:
https://depot.info.apple.com/batteryexchange/index.html

and MacBook's that "don't meet high standards"
https://support.apple.com/macbookpro15/batteryexchange/

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
According to the lunchtime news its not just Dell PCs....its the Sony battery that's the problem....which is used by HP and others.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 4:46 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

I am so pissed with DELL right now.

In SEPTEMBER 05 I reported my Dell 6000 was overheating because 2GB memory notebooks would NOT hiberbate or would wake up after hibernating. Dell told me the bug was Microsoft but that my notebook would not overheat or catch fire.

Despite me telling them, I'd find the notebook in my BAG, extremely hot after I had hibernated and placed it in there. Now, I find it could have burnt my hose down all along if I had gone to bed and left it.

Considering they had all my details and knowledge about this so long ago..

Grr....

I am glad I have all the emails and messenger texts with their senior exec team. I can smell class action (welcome me to America)!!!