Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

David Blaine - 44days+44nights? believe it?

David Blaine - 44days+44nights? believe it?

Old Sep 8th 2003, 9:47 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future
Default David Blaine - 44days+44nights? believe it?

So, who is familiar with Daves attempt over the Thames? He is living in a glass box, with no food, and no form of entertainment, open to the public to see....

Is it getting any coverage in the US?

Most importantly - do you think its 100% genuine?

I think not

Le
Old Sep 8th 2003, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I like his slight of hand tricks or "street magic" but I'm not that impressed with this or his other stunts.

I've seen minimal coverage of it here.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 10:14 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Blaine - 44days+44nights? believe it?

Originally posted by waxwabbit
So, who is familiar with Daves attempt over the Thames? He is living in a glass box, with no food, and no form of entertainment, open to the public to see....

I think not

Le
so what does he do when he needs to take a poo poo?
Old Sep 8th 2003, 10:28 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

I think not

Le
It was revealed after he did the cube of ice thing in the US that it was staged and quite fake!

Then again.... all his tricks were exposed so I'd be sceptical.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 12:52 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Read about it somewhere, but may have been in a UK paper I get sent over. Never heard of him before - sounds a bit of a tw@t. Apparently he's taking a supply of adult nappies with him. I know how unpleasant my 7 month olds can be - hate to think what a grown mans would be like - or what he does with them afterwards......But, I guess there won't be much 'output' after the first few days if he's not eatng anything?

Guiness book of records apparently not recognising it as a record as they don't deem it worthy!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:06 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
so what does he do when he needs to take a poo poo?
He's not eating, so he isn't going to need to!

I saw him last summer, when he spent 32 hours standing on a pole in Bryant Park, in view of my office. I thought that he was a jerk then. Nothing has changed in the past year!

Here's Matt's view:
Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:22 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Now thats one 'thing' I do miss from the UK - my daily fix of Matt - he's fantastic. Did you know he was banned from the newspaper cartoonists version of the Oscars a few years back cos he'd won it too many times!!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:33 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to reply then I realised I really don't give a toss about the whole thing!

Patrick
Old Sep 9th 2003, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

I think not

Le
I drove passed the jobless guy on sunday and did not even bother to stop my car to observe this stunt of his, near Westminister bridge and I thought, out of sight is out of mind but my over half in TX decided to educate me about him and the constant reminder that he is in london blah blah blah. So the answer to your question is that some people in the states are following this stunt of his.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 1:51 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

He has a tube attached to the box, also theres a flap that can open to drop *ahem* solids..........

Im not that bothered by it, just noticed it on tv, and thought also id push myself nearer to 100 posts!

i also do like his street magic though
Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

He has a tube attached to the box, also theres a flap that can open to drop *ahem* solids..........

Im not that bothered by it, just noticed it on tv, and thought also id push myself nearer to 100 posts!

Ha ha, anything for a star to your name. lol
Old Sep 9th 2003, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

lanky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pictures of Blaine the tosser!!!

I was chatting to my mate who works in London, and was asking him about the David Blaine "stunt". He said that he could see him out of his window, so i persuaded him to run down there and take a picture with his phone, so here it is....
Attached Thumbnails David Blaine - 44days+44nights? believe it?-image074.jpg  
Old Sep 9th 2003, 5:49 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he doesn't eat a curry, he will need more than a 'flap' to relieve himself
Old Sep 9th 2003, 6:58 pm

Originally posted by Yosser
I hope he doesn't eat a curry, he will need more than a 'flap' to relieve himself

Whaddayathink the tubes for?
Old Sep 9th 2003, 7:07 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally posted by Yorkieabroad
Whaddayathink the tubes for?
good point...lol

Actually all he would need is a needle, after a chicken vindaloo...cause after I scoff down one of those, all I can do is shit through a eye of a needle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.