Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

David Blaine - 44days+44nights? believe it?

David Blaine - 44days+44nights? believe it?

Old Sep 9th 2003, 9:55 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Ok... if you go here you can suposedly watch him live!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: David Blaine - 44days+44nights? believe it?

Originally posted by waxwabbit
So, who is familiar with Daves attempt over the Thames? He is living in a glass box, with no food, and no form of entertainment, open to the public to see....

Is it getting any coverage in the US?

Most importantly - do you think its 100% genuine?

I think not

Le

Londoners have begun hurling eggs, taunting him with fish and chips.. and banging drums.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._life_blaine_1

BTW the article mentions he is an American from New York.

As for being genuine, I did wonder if they put anything in his water.. vitamins, minerals, energy boosters, etc.

..and also, does he have loo rolls? that sounds disgusting..:scared:

Last edited by jaytee; Sep 10th 2003 at 8:15 am.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 12:55 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yorkieabroad
Now thats one 'thing' I do miss from the UK - my daily fix of Matt - he's fantastic. Did you know he was banned from the newspaper cartoonists version of the Oscars a few years back cos he'd won it too many times!!
I believe that the Telegraph withdrew him, or he withdrew himself, having won it for five straight years.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
It was revealed after he did the cube of ice thing in the US that it was staged and quite fake!

Then again.... all his tricks were exposed so I'd be sceptical.

That bloke is full of shit. No talent whatsoever.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 2:16 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Peter Newton
That bloke is full of shit.
Not if he uses his flap and tube in a timely fashion !
Old Sep 11th 2003, 2:44 am
Only the Strong Survive

JerseyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Londoners have begun hurling eggs, taunting him with fish and chips.. and banging drums.
Now that's what I miss - the British intolerance for gratuitious self-publicism and basic showing off!

Let's hope that one of the cables from the crane snaps, the "exit" flap jams closed, or something equally friendly... (I fit in well here in Jersey).
Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:17 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JerseyBoy
Now that's what I miss - the British intolerance for gratuitious self-publicism and basic showing off!

Let's hope that one of the cables from the crane snaps, the "exit" flap jams closed, or something equally friendly... (I fit in well here in Jersey).
Damn, I had to laugh at this one Jerseyboy. I had a right chuckle.

I couldn't help imaging a cable snapping, the exit door welded shut, and the crapper flap and pee pee hole closed and the dickhead, shiiting all over himself, whilst on lookers pelted him with golf balls (heard on the radio this morning) and slinging fish n chips.....We Brits are really one of a kind.

Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

patrickbores is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bad Behavior

Interesting articles:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer
http://www.thisislondon.com/til/jsp/...itemId=6777478

I have a British professor. At no time have I felt the desire to tell him to "Go home." Or "You're in the wrong town."

Why are so many Brits being so abusive and infantile? Hatred? Xenophobia? Say it ain't so. I love London, but I'm afraid I can't go back if it's going to be such a hostile environment.

Patrick
Old Sep 18th 2003, 10:03 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Bad Behavior

Originally posted by patrickbores
...Why are so many Brits being so abusive and infantile? Hatred? Xenophobia?
No no no, it's because London doesn't have a Krispy Kreme yet. They are just jealous, I'm sure that's the explanation. They are envious of your freedoms and your donuts.

Last edited by Stumpyguy; Sep 19th 2003 at 4:14 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 10:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting articles:

I have a British professor. At no time have I felt the desire to tell him to "Go home." Or "You're in the wrong town."

Why are so many Brits being so abusive and infantile? Hatred? Xenophobia? Say it ain't so. I love London, but I'm afraid I can't go back if it's going to be such a hostile environment.

Patrick

The throwing of eggs and rotting vegetable matter is not a sign of xenophobia. It's been going on for centuries at the theatre, the pillory, so Mr. Blaine should be happy that he is being included in a fine British tradition. Not sure about the golf balls, though. Who won the last Ryder Cup? Maybe that's it.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 10:37 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
The throwing of eggs and rotting vegetable matter is not a sign of xenophobia. It's been going on for centuries at the theatre, the pillory, so Mr. Blaine should be happy that he is being included in a fine British tradition. Not sure about the golf balls, though. Who won the last Ryder Cup? Maybe that's it.
Yes, I read a book of traveller's letters once that contained part of a foreign diplomat's diary (from the early 1700s??) while he was in London. Apparently it wasn't wise to look too different to the locals, or one could have been accused of being French, after which came the proverbial chase through the twisty-turny streets by an angry mob and also being pelted with rotting veggies, dung, and (presumably small to medium sized) dead animals if memory serves.

Last edited by Stumpyguy; Sep 18th 2003 at 10:40 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 10:46 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
Yes, I read a book of traveller's letters once that contained part of a foreign diplomat's diary (from the early 1700s??) while he was in London. Apparently it wasn't wise to look too different to the locals, or one could have been accused of being French, after which came the proverbial chase through the twisty-turny streets by an angry mob and also being pelted with rotting veggies, dung, and (presumably small to medium sized) dead animals if memory serves.
That's it! They've mistaken Blaine for a Frenchman, and have decided to take back from the Americans the historic duty of abusing the French.

I've always wondered though, did people keep buckets of rotting vegetables etc. handy by the door, in case such an occasion should come along? "Sorry, old Mog has died, but let's just keep her by the coat rack here in case a Frenchman goes by. It's what she would have wanted." Or, "I'll just save a few of these nice turnips - they'll be just right in a couple of weeks".
Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:08 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
That's it! They've mistaken Blaine for a Frenchman, and have decided to take back from the Americans the historic duty of abusing the French.

I've always wondered though, did people keep buckets of rotting vegetables etc. handy by the door, in case such an occasion should come along? "Sorry, old Mog has died, but let's just keep her by the coat rack here in case a Frenchman goes by. It's what she would have wanted." Or, "I'll just save a few of these nice turnips - they'll be just right in a couple of weeks".
Yes, the Great Cat Plague of Olde London Towne must have been enough to hold off an invasion from Boney for many years! I bet he was quaking in his panteloons... "Mon Deiu, Ces't un chat Anglais pourri!"

Last edited by Stumpyguy; Sep 18th 2003 at 11:44 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:53 am

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
Yes, the Great Cat Plague of Olde London Towne must have been enough to hold off an invasion from Boney for many years! I bet he was quaking in his panteloons... "Mon Deiu, Ces't un chat Anglais pourri!"

Now there's a weapon of mass destruction if you like. Don't suppose you need a whole team of inspectors to find them either. Sort of "self-revealing" I would say. And bio-degradable, what's more. Could be the green weapon of the future.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Bad Behavior

Interesting articles:

Patrick

PHP Code:
So farBritons have taken great pleasure in tormenting BlaineHis cage has been whacked with golf balls fired from nearby Tower BridgeEggs were thrownfollowing by sausages and baconWomen have shown him their breasts and men their bottoms
ROFLMAO!!! LOL! Oh man, I almost died laughing at that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.