Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Old Jul 7th 2021, 2:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
So this is from the Beeb feed on Johnson's press conference today.

"Plans to replace isolation for fully-vaccinated people returning from amber list countries will be announced later this week."

But will that include people not originating travel in the UK, but in the US, and not on the NHS app as a result.
Looking more positive Lion...

Ministers are likely to announce that vaccinated people travelling to England from amber list countries will no longer have to quarantine from later this month, in a significant boost for the travel industry, it is understood.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...als-in-england
Old Jul 7th 2021, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

wtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond repute

BBC story that I can't currently find said they are trying four BA/Virgin routes and will take a CDC card or state level electronic proof.

EDIT: this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57743038
The trial will accept internationally recognised vaccination credentials including the NHS app, CDC card, US state-level digital certification and the EU digital Covid certificate

Last edited by wtkp0u; Jul 7th 2021 at 2:57 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2021, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wtkp0u
BBC story that I can't currently find said they are trying four BA/Virgin routes and will take a CDC card or state level electronic proof.

The trial will accept internationally recognised vaccination credentials including the NHS app, CDC card, US state-level digital certification and the EU digital Covid certificate
and from a Guardian article on the same story "However, there was consternation among some Conservative MPs that the change will not come into force until 16 August, almost a month after other controls are due to have ended." - https://www.theguardian.com/business...nated-arrivals
Old Jul 7th 2021, 3:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wtkp0u

Originally Posted by Philk
and from a Guardian article on the same story "However, there was consternation among some Conservative MPs that the change will not come into force until 16 August, almost a month after other controls are due to have ended." - https://www.theguardian.com/business...nated-arrivals

As far as I can tell this is just about fast-tracking at the airport, and doesn't change any quarantining or testing rules once arrived?
Old Jul 7th 2021, 3:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Looking more positive Lion...

Ministers are likely to announce that vaccinated people travelling to England from amber list countries will no longer have to quarantine from later this month, in a significant boost for the travel industry, it is understood.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...als-in-england

Maybe?

I need to book a ticket and quarantine changes where I fly to. If I have to quarantine, then it will be to London to quarantine with my sister (no room at all where my son is, two of them in a tiny space, along with two hamsters and a cat), but if no quarantine then to Manchester, train to Liverpool, and the Travelodge.
Old Jul 7th 2021, 3:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe?

I need to book a ticket and quarantine changes where I fly to. If I have to quarantine, then it will be to London to quarantine with my sister (no room at all where my son is, two of them in a tiny space, along with two hamsters and a cat), but if no quarantine then to Manchester, train to Liverpool, and the Travelodge.
I hope it's the latter, so much less stuffing around and expense (plus you'll get more time with LL). How long are you planning to be there?
Old Jul 7th 2021, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

wtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I can tell this is just about fast-tracking at the airport, and doesn't change any quarantining or testing rules once arrived?
Agreed. Initially sounds like they will check the vaccine status against the testing results and also see if the queue is too slow.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 10:57 am

I hope it's the latter, so much less stuffing around and expense (plus you'll get more time with LL). How long are you planning to be there?
Well that's the thing, I'm not quite sure due to the uncertainty. If I were just seeing the LL, and maybe going for one night to see my sister, then about two weeks. If I have to spend 5 days with my sister and not being able to see the LL due to the distance, then I would like to go for longer but that's a bit of a struggle. I will take my laptop and work from it (in the same time zone for once) since as a contractor I don't get any holiday allowance, as such, and don't feel I can charge them when I'm not working.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 11:28 am
Concierge

Well that's the thing, I'm not quite sure due to the uncertainty. If I were just seeing the LL, and maybe going for one night to see my sister, then about two weeks. If I have to spend 5 days with my sister and not being able to see the LL due to the distance, then I would like to go for longer but that's a bit of a struggle. I will take my laptop and work from it (in the same time zone for once) since as a contractor I don't get any holiday allowance, as such, and don't feel I can charge them when I'm not working.
The announcement today was the same as you were discussing above, fully vaccinated UK residents returning from holiday in green and amber countries won't have to quarantine. The only thing I could find re. other travellers was
Shapps says an announcement about fully vaccinated non-residents coming to England will be made later.
(Guardian live blog).

Makes it more than a little difficult to plan.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Now not that I know anything about contracts but don't some contractors have contracts where they promise to do X work in X time and don't actually stipulate number of hours per day etc etc.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 12:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The announcement today was the same as you were discussing above, fully vaccinated UK residents returning from holiday in green and amber countries won't have to quarantine. The only thing I could find re. other travellers was
Shapps says an announcement about fully vaccinated non-residents coming to England will be made later.
(Guardian live blog).

Makes it more than a little difficult to plan.
The requirement to quarantine will end on 19 July for the fully vaccinated arriving in England from amber countries.

Covid-19: Amber list quarantine for fully vaccinated to end on 19 July https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57763173
Old Jul 8th 2021, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The requirement to quarantine will end on 19 July for the fully vaccinated arriving in England from amber countries.

Covid-19: Amber list quarantine for fully vaccinated to end on 19 July https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57763173

It's still saying "for UK residents" though, ie returning people, which I'm not, although I am a citizen. My journey will be originating in the US and I imagine that means that this doesn't yet cover me.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

It's still saying "for UK residents" though, ie returning people, which I'm not, although I am a citizen. My journey will be originating in the US and I imagine that means that this doesn't yet cover me.
Yeh, it's only for double jabbed Brits returning from holiday so nothing changes for me and you
Old Jul 8th 2021, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Now not that I know anything about contracts but don't some contractors have contracts where they promise to do X work in X time and don't actually stipulate number of hours per day etc etc.
True, but this is a very friendly relationship that I'm cultivating for my future employment in the UK, and it's also very people-intensive in that I do a lot of video interviews with people and so forth. So I need to be available and contactable during the work day, and sending them a bill after not being so for a couple of weeks feels more than a little "off".
Old Jul 8th 2021, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Philk
Yeh, it's only for double jabbed Brits returning from holiday so nothing changes for me and you

Well I wish they'd get on with it. The Covid policy for vaccinated travelers seems to be very "jam tomorrow, jam yesterday, but never jam today".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.