Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cult kids TV shows

Cult kids TV shows

Old Apr 19th 2004, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I loved Danger Mouse... our school headmaster was nick named Penfold...very apt.

Who rememebers count duckula and button moon (early 80's)... I don't think I missed one show of button moon

Ash
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:09 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...v/results.html

this has the results.

number 4 I can't believe it, Bagpuss was right boring I thought.
What kind of a list is that without Ivor the Engine?????
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:15 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
I loved Danger Mouse... our school headmaster was nick named Penfold...very apt.

Who rememebers count duckula and button moon (early 80's)... I don't think I missed one show of button moon

Ash
how old are you again?
how about SuperTed and Bananaman?
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
how old are you again?
how about SuperTed and Bananaman?
LOL yeap I remember those too... I liked super ted too bananaman was only so so. I am 26

Ash
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh just rememered 2 more I used to watch.... Shera [sp?] and He Man. God I feel old.

Ash
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:21 pm
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

superted sucked, the goodies on the other hand rocked!

Mr Benn always stole from the costume shop...i bet his room at festive road was totally full of crap, just like winonas.

as to the bill of rights, i thought the one that read you have the right to bare arms was something to do with t-shirts
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:24 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

He Man was top. as was Thundercats.

Anyone remember Ulysses? some wacked out sci-fi shit, but as it was a cartoon me and my sister watched it.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 9:01 pm
Essex Girl

helenw is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh just rememered 2 more I used to watch.... Shera [sp?] and He Man. God I feel old.

Ash
Old! Bloody hell, when I was a childrens nanny, the kids watched that when it first came out!!

Now I feel old LOL
Old Apr 19th 2004, 9:05 pm
Essex Girl

helenw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
What kind of a list is that without Ivor the Engine?????
And what about Noggin the Nog, and Pogles wood? Check this out: http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/

I never liked that fat lazy cat either. My sister bought my daugter a soft toy version of one ofthe pesky mice singing its iritating little song, bloody thing!!
Old Apr 19th 2004, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK question... anyone here ever heard of Clifford the big red dog... in the UK I mean I know it is out here in the US. My mum thought she had heard of it. Few times when we mention our daughter to someone (emily elizabeth) they have asked if we named her after the little girl from clifford the big red dog. I had never heard of it till we mentioned her name.

Ash
Old Apr 19th 2004, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

oh what about this one... The Magic Round about? I am sure the rabbit (Dillion) was on drugs.

Ash
Old Apr 19th 2004, 9:17 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

OK question... anyone here ever heard of Clifford the big red dog... in the UK I mean I know it is out here in the US. My mum thought she had heard of it. Few times when we mention our daughter to someone (emily elizabeth) they have asked if we named her after the little girl from clifford the big red dog. I had never heard of it till we mentioned her name.

Ash
Yes it's on in the UK but the voices are dubbed into English accents.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 10:19 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by LuTziE
superted sucked, the goodies on the other hand rocked!

Mr Benn always stole from the costume shop...i bet his room at festive road was totally full of crap, just like winonas.

as to the bill of rights, i thought the one that read you have the right to bare arms was something to do with t-shirts

Ivor ...sssshhhh tee commmm ssssshhh tee commm the engine was by far the best.

and r Benn never stole the outfits, in fact, I'm not sure he ever left the shop with them, weren't his adventures all in the fitting room? Certinaly, if he did manage to get away with any costumes, he did it blatantly in front of the fat shopkeeper who seemed to have the same suspicions of Benn's thieving nature as you all.

Mr Benn was Innocent!!!

Free the Benn
Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:10 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Can't believe that Tiswas only made number 41 on that list. It was must-see Saturday morning TV!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 1:02 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

32. Boss / Top Cat

Loved that show!

Top Cat
The most effectual
Top Cat
Who's intellectual

Close friends get to
Call him TC
Providing it's
With dignity

Top Cat
The indisputable
Leader of the gang

He's the boss, he's a VIP
He's a championship
He's the most tip top
Top Cat

Yes, he's the chief, he's the king
But above everything
He's the most tip top
Top Cat

While searching for the words to the song I came across this site. Here is somebody with way too much time on their hands