Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cult kids TV shows

Cult kids TV shows

Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:35 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Thydney
Does this mean you agree Chorlton is a Nazi?Mr Benn a queer and Bagpuss an oppressor of the poor?

Or were they just childrens programmes?

I agree that people have the right to express any opionion they like about something and others have the right to disagree. I don't agree that just because you don't agree with an opinion and think these people are nuts because they subscribe to an opinion is a good enough reason to leave the country. They will probably be glad to see the back of such a short sighted, narrow minded individual.

Patrick
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:14 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by Patrick
I agree that people have the right to express any opionion they like about something and others have the right to disagree. I don't agree that just because you don't agree with an opinion and think these people are nuts because they subscribe to an opinion is a good enough reason to leave the country. They will probably be glad to see the back of such a short sighted, narrow minded individual.

Patrick

Patrick...you're a complete bastard!!!

Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:18 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
short sighted, narrow minded individual.

Patrick
Sorry I thought it was for adults.
You seem to think abuse proves your point it just proves what you are.

What I object to in this country is the few who are holding the rest of us to ramsom, people like those with opinions as previously stated.
Fact is paddy boy you don't live in a free country you live in a democracy where the majority make the rules and as such you have no Bill of Rights.
I object to PC idiots who think we should pay for foreigners to sue the state and then pay them compensation. Who think we should take in useless dregs from poor countries and pay for them to live here and pay them compensation for breaking the law and being detained.Who think all public servants are racists this country has gone mad and there isn't anyone prepared to stand up and say enough is enough. Most other countries don't stand for it why do we?

As you seem unable to offer little but abuse I refuse to decend to your level....Final answer

Bagpuss Rules
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say that I will not hear a bad word about Mister Benn(kleptomaniac or not)!! Danger Mouse and Trapdoor were fantastic!

What about Pigeon Street!?! I used to love that programme!

I have the Roobarb & Custard theme tune on my cell phone!
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:28 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Fact is paddy boy you don't live in a free country you live in a democracy where the majority make the rules and as such you have no Bill of Rights.
We don't have a Bill of Rights in the USA? (please note; 'Paddy Boy' is in N.Carolina (last I heard they were in the USA)...I'll be happy to correct you...

Bill of Rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment VII

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

I respectfully retire, your honour

Mr Benn (Wasn't it double N?) Rules
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
Wasn't it double N?
Yes it was!
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:42 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris (please note; 'Paddy Boy' is in N.Carolina
A point I'll accept I assumed (deadly I know) from his response his was over here and my response was aimed as such.

Benn? Yes I'm a piss poor typistttttt.
I stand by the rest.
Up the fat furry cat puss!
Along with the majority of the UK I believe he's the best.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:46 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Fact is paddy boy...
WBB is that you ?
Whoever you are you've picked an argument with the wrong person
Bagpuss Rules
Can't argue with that.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:50 pm
Not dead yet

Originally posted by Webbie
WBB is that you ?
Whoever you are you've picked an argument with the wrong person

Can't argue with that.
No I'm not WBB.
Far as as I'm concerned hand bags and over.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:50 pm
dealing with it

Along with the majority of the UK I believe he's the best.
Thats bollocks.

Bagpuss was always shite compared to Mr. Benn (where can we get the ratings to prove it?)
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, Bagpuss was complete pants.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 7:13 pm
Not dead yet

where can we get the ratings to prove it?

Think the poll was on Channel 4
Old Apr 19th 2004, 7:20 pm
dealing with it

Think the poll was on Channel 4
well that doesn't bl**dy well help too much

Old Apr 19th 2004, 7:29 pm
Not dead yet

well that doesn't bl**dy well help too much

I don't know I'm doing the work of two men here! Yes it's Laurel and Hardy but you can try this for size
http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...minations.html

I haven't read it all(well any of it really) I saw the film

Last edited by Thydney; Apr 19th 2004 at 7:34 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 7:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...v/results.html

this has the results.

number 4 I can't believe it, Bagpuss was right boring I thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.