Reload this Page >

Cosignature on passport Help

Cosignature on passport Help

Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

drew66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cosignature on passport Help

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
If in doubt, why not just get it countersigned? I have to admit to having got my photos countersigned every time that I submit the paperwork for a new passport, regardless of any changes in appearance -- and I've never had an expired passport. It is so easy to do, and prevents any back and forth.
Thank you nutmegger that is the kind of response I sort off needed. Just to help reassure one way or the other that I am doing the right thing. It is my first renewal. Huskie fan good to see, just moved from CT to TX couple of years ago, cant beleive the snow you guys have gotten this winter.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:29 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drew66
cant beleive the snow you guys have gotten this winter.
Yes, it's been a good one -- and we're only just into February!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Yes, it's been a good one -- and we're only just into February!
I was reading the other day that BDL recorded 50" in Jan, that is nuts.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Drew I really didn't want to pour more oil on this but this is my final say. Although you opened the thread many more may read it for information...therefore my reply wasn't for your eyes only. If it had been my intention to slight you I wouldn't have posted the link...I would have directed you to the search engine. The link took you to the answer posted by The British Consul....it told you everything you needed to know to reach a decision on this matter.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Drew I really didn't want to pour more oil on this but this is my final say. Although you opened the thread many more may read it for information...therefore my reply wasn't for your eyes only. If I'd wanted to slight you I wouldn't have posted the link...I would have directed you to the search engine. The link took you to the answer posted by The British Consul....it told you everything you needed to know to reach a decision on this matter.
Thats fine I can appreciate that and accept if I am wrong. Maybe in the future just post the link to the post even though I had seen that and was just trying to get more clarification of the rules and what a drastic/substantial change in appearance maybe.

Then there is no confusion over comments like, There is a sticky, there are dozens of threads, and to save you the trouble from using a search engine with........ after each one.

Those to me all insinuate ( and could be misread) use a search feature and a level of frustration that you are pointing a forum newbie to the obvious. I participate in many forums I understand what a search is for and stickies to obviosuly keep a forum unclogged of the same question.

After that is said if I am wrong then jerseygirl I apologize to you. Thanks for the help and opinion you provided.

With that out of the way maybe one of you mods can clean up the thread and get rid of the rubbish back and forth. To help other posters.

Last edited by drew66; Feb 7th 2011 at 10:25 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 11:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Stick a copy of the old photo next to the new one and ask a friend id they recognise the old photo.

Yes, then probably good to go.

Either way, doesn't take much to just ask someone to sign it, they don't have to know you for the 2 years or be a UK citizen, they just have to be someone of professional standing, lawyer, teacher, banker, doctor, whatever rather than a family member.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:12 am
Just Joined

waz_shaheen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Drew I really didn't want to pour more oil on this but this is my final say. Although you opened the thread many more may read it for information...therefore my reply wasn't for your eyes only. If it had been my intention to slight you I wouldn't have posted the link...I would have directed you to the search engine. The link took you to the answer posted by The British Consul....it told you everything you needed to know to reach a decision on this matter.
Thanks Jersey Girl. I too am in a similar situation and the info you provided is very valuable, trust me.