Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Coping with visitors

Coping with visitors

Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coping with visitors

Originally Posted by TruBrit
it would be different if mandana lived close to one of the disney theme parks but she lives out in a city called Katy and there is nothing there not that there's anything in houston to occupy adults let alone under 5's for 3 weeks
There is the beach park!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana
There is the beach park!
And the dog park
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trubrit, can I come and live with you?!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Good excuse for you to go away for the middle week and leave them to it - they can house sit.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Philgr
Good excuse for you to go away for the middle week and leave them to it - they can house sit.
You don't know my friends!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

We had my parents over last April for a month and our relationship with them as not been the same since...

You might want to look to see if you can convince them to "go on a tour of the US" for a few days in the middle to break up the visit.

Since last year we've set a 2 week rule for all visitors.

Here's a question: Did they just book the trip for three weeks without letting you know they were going to do it? I'd e-mail them details of local motels if that's the case.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Go to Ikea and buy a bed for them to sleep on. They'll want to leave after 3 nights.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Send them to the Bluebell Ice cream tour in Brenham

NASA

Kemah........the kids will enjoy that.

Moody Gardens, lots for the kids to do there

San Antonio River Walk for a couple of days

Houston Zoo and the childrens Museum and Butterfly Garden
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Nah - send them to Brazos Bend State Park with a roast chicken picnic and tell them to eat it at the waterside
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:07 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mandana
Trubrit, can I come and live with you?!
you can have the spare key
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:10 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Send them to the Bluebell Ice cream tour in Brenham

NASA

Kemah........the kids will enjoy that.

Moody Gardens, lots for the kids to do there

San Antonio River Walk for a couple of days

Houston Zoo and the childrens Museum and Butterfly Garden
we went to kemah a few weeks ago and they have really tried with that place, we had an ok time mind you it was cool weather and nice to walk around, wouldn't fancy it in august.

san antonio... the river walk, we are talking august here and high humidity and mozzies
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

There are some visitors I could have here for longer.. but I swear to god it's flippin hard work!! We have people coming in May for 1 week and OH's brother and family coming in July for 2 weeks.. My rule is they HAVE to hire a car.. and I will not be setting foot in a single Theme Park.. Frankly I'd rather eat my own Liver :curse: They can sort there own arrangements.. i'll supply bed's and certain amount of food.. but thats there lot!!

I have read alot of people saying that their parents come for a month at a time.. as true as God.. If my OH's parents wanted to come for that long.. well actually I'm quite nausious just thinking about it

Just re-read that.. what a miserable b!tch I am today.. sorry
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
Nah - send them to Brazos Bend State Park with a roast chicken picnic and tell them to eat it at the waterside

You know Brazos Bend Park??

It's one of my favourite places to go in the "cooler" months and walk round the lake and spot alligators
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
we went to kemah a few weeks ago and they have really tried with that place, we had an ok time mind you it was cool weather and nice to walk around, wouldn't fancy it in august.

san antonio... the river walk, we are talking august here and high humidity and mozzies

I like both Kemah and Moody Gardens as they were a few years back: not so commercialized. Moody Gardens can cost a fortune now if you have young kids.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:17 am

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

My best strategy is to drink several glasses of wine.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.