Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Converting video tapes from UK to US format...

Converting video tapes from UK to US format...

Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

PaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant future
Default Converting video tapes from UK to US format...

Hi Folks,
I got married recently, and we had a British video camera at our wedding. We can't watch the film here- and planned to send it back anyway, but I would like to get it converted to US format so we have a copy we can watch here. Does anyone know where we can get it converted? I'm in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon) but can mail the tape anywhere. It's one of those small ones that fits in a bigger case which then goes into the vcr, by the way...
Many thanks,
Paul.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Converting video tapes from UK to US format...

Originally posted by PaulK
Hi Folks,
I got married recently, and we had a British video camera at our wedding. We can't watch the film here- and planned to send it back anyway, but I would like to get it converted to US format so we have a copy we can watch here. Does anyone know where we can get it converted? I'm in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon) but can mail the tape anywhere. It's one of those small ones that fits in a bigger case which then goes into the vcr, by the way...
Many thanks,
Paul.
Look on the internet for tape conversion services. The other option is to use a British VCR and a converter so that you can make yourself a copy.

British VCR (play)
V
Converter set to PAL > NTSC
V
American VCR (record)

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=cmd...TF-8&fr=fp-top
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

MarsBar will become famous soon enoughMarsBar will become famous soon enough

Or you could buy a dual play VCR. My husband and I have an extensive video collection that he refuses to leave behind so we'll be getting something simmilar to this : http://www.dvdoverseas.com/converter_vcrs.htm