Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Container shipping charges?

Container shipping charges?

Old Jul 20th 2018, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mall18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Container shipping charges?

Anyone shipped house contents from North of England to Florida? We need a 20ft container and I'm not having much luck getting anyone to give me a price. I've contacted about a dozen companies now and been referred to others as our shipment is 'too big' and can't seem to get anyone to just give me a price. We decided to take everything except white goods this time as we made the move to Germany with the army years back and got rid of everything and it cost way more than we thought to replace it all. Plus I'd quite like to have my nice things I worked hard for with me when I move. We've already checked everything like tv's will work on 110 volts and they would be very expensive to replace. Just don't want to either get ripped off or have a big shock when we finally get a price. At work we pay about £1250 for a 20ft container Southampton to Georgia but that's just to the docks the other side. This would be pick up from a storage unit and delivered to our business unit in Orlando. Even rough estimates much appreciated
Old Jul 20th 2018, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container shipping charges?

Originally Posted by Mall18
Anyone shipped house contents from North of England to Florida? We need a 20ft container and I'm not having much luck getting anyone to give me a price. I've contacted about a dozen companies now and been referred to others as our shipment is 'too big' and can't seem to get anyone to just give me a price. We decided to take everything except white goods this time as we made the move to Germany with the army years back and got rid of everything and it cost way more than we thought to replace it all. Plus I'd quite like to have my nice things I worked hard for with me when I move. We've already checked everything like tv's will work on 110 volts and they would be very expensive to replace. Just don't want to either get ripped off or have a big shock when we finally get a price. At work we pay about £1250 for a 20ft container Southampton to Georgia but that's just to the docks the other side. This would be pick up from a storage unit and delivered to our business unit in Orlando. Even rough estimates much appreciated
PM me, I can tell you who we used to move from near Manchester to PA.
We did our own work, and didn't use a removal company. We bought our container, and use it as a storage shed. That meant we could take our own sweet time loading it.
It was shipped in to Baltimore, and we had it delivered, and found a company to haul it here and put it where we wanted it.

Steve
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

isi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds a better deal than quotes I've had for 20ft container. Cheapest I've been quoted is just under £7k from Scotland to Wichita, Kansas....
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 12:06 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I just moved a 20' foot container from Hong Kong to Washington DC, door to door (including packing and unpacking) for $11,000 USD, which is about 7,000 GBP.

Of course not directly relevant but thought I'd throw out some other prices to give you an idea.