Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Container has cleared customs

Wikiposts

Container has cleared customs

Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:21 am
Critical Circuits

Terminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Container has cleared customs

Originally Posted by Mandana
Morning
Our cat is the same - very much a mouser (and rabbits and birds) and a terrible scrapper too. Constantly came home with bites and scratches and torn ears
Sounds like our brute (actually, he's not a brute which is probably why he loses so many fights! )
Haven't decided wether to make him house-bound or not. I've heard from both camps. (I know he will drive me nuts to begin with as he normally scratches the door when he wants to go out). Out of interest, what kind of horror stories did you hear?

...This was all through Airpets Oceanic and my contact was Vicky Couch.
Yeah, I already have a quote from them and a phone call from Vicky (very keen, she phoned from France!)

At the moment I still think I'm going with PBS.
We are flying with Continental from Gatwick and although cargo are not allowed to endorse any companies, she pretty much said PBS would be a first choice.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

You have to go with the one you get the best 'feelings' for, and good recommendations. We had completely unbiased recommendations from 3 sources for Airpets - our vet, the cattery and the surveyor from Robinsons (movers), and I had a good rapport with Vicky.

Horror stories of cats choosing to 'fight' with the wildlife and coming off the worse. Ours is such a hunter I just can't take the risk. He was never one for toys as he got his kicks from being outside, but since being in, it's fascinating to watch him stalk, pounce and then kill his 'prey'!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I can quite believe the warning you've found above - but I'd hazard a guess those dyes were used in less scrupulous salons. Both the salons that have been recommended to me are at the top end of the market, and as such, their prices reflect their services. Positives are they were recommendations; beautiful salons (one is a spa and is stunning inside and the products & services are top class. Negative is the price - more than in the UK. But the way I look at it, what we save on everything else more than makes up for the extra cost of a few bits and pieces

That's my outlook on it anyway!
How can the salon be reputable if it is performing illegal services?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
How can the salon be reputable if it is performing illegal services?
Where does it state it's illegal?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:52 am
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Where does it state it's illegal?
Here. I think as it is not approved if anything goes wrong you are on your own

In order to retain color on eyelashes or eyebrows, many people consider permanent eyelash dyes. In some parts of the world this is an acceptable practice, and even in the United States of America, where the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not approve the use of eyelash and eyebrow dyes, there are salons that offer these services. However, these salons are in violation of the warning issued in the 1938 Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.