Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Compulsory ID Poll

View Poll Results: Should compulsory ID be brought into law ?
I agree that everyone should be required to carry ID.
53.03%
I disagree that everyone should be required to carry ID.
46.97%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Compulsory ID Poll

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 11:28 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of
Default Re: Compulsory ID Poll

Originally Posted by dakota44
nothing is forgery proof...but the means of detecting forgeries is improving.
"I know a guy" who cracked the new passport in 6 hours...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/idcards/st...950226,00.html

Although the technology proposed for the new cards is different you're right, nothing is forgery proof, but we're not talking about forgeries any more. Forgeries use fake information. What we're talking about now-a-days is copies or clones. Copies of your information being used by others impersonating you or your dead relatives. The cards will be the same and the information will be the same.

From sources close to the PM I'm informed that the introduction of the new passport created an estimated net profit for organised crime of over 6 billion in this country alone. Most of this was from the sale of new passports copies and increased cost's applied by illegal immigration firms.

Many others that didn't pass on the cost to the clients, recouped the extra expenditure in increased people trafficking for prostitution and the horrid world of forced organ farming (if you don't know don't ask, ignorance here is bliss).

Governments will never produce an ID prevention, oops I mean "protection" system that is uncoruptable. Do we really want to be in a situation where people are having their eyes stolen, hands chopped off, etc etc...?

Surely we need to ask the question, how the hell did we get in a situation where we need so desperately to protect ourselves ? Or perhaps, are we in this situation or is it a situation the government would like us to think we're in ?

I've said too much without vodka.....must go and eat sushi to calm down.

Rich./