Wikiposts

Comparison

Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Comparison

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I didn't realise my posts was the only posts on this thread.....or are you saying my opinion is the only one that counts? In which case I thank you kindly and take your kind remarks favourably.
Of course you're unprovoked smartass remarks in any thread are well deserved and shouldn't be challenged....

Ahhh.. so you made the initial swipe at me based on posts I've made in other threads to other people?
BTW I thought it was obvious what I was implying and I gave you credit for enough savvy to understand it, I won't be making that mistake again.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
An ass, but definitely not smart
But I'm working at it Dave, what have you been working at lately? Oh thats right!!!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

If you can't pay, you're exempt? I don't think so my dear...in fact I know that's not the case. You may not be able to file bankruptcy on them, I know you can't, but you can be driven to the poor house trying to pay them.
Um not entirely exempt but you certainly get large reductions if you claim benefits. But you didnt pick up on my comment that property tax here is higher than council tax in England.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Eskimo you git I was reading your post then!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

If you can't pay, you're exempt? I don't think so my dear...in fact I know that's not the case. You may not be able to file bankruptcy on them, I know you can't, but you can be driven to the poor house trying to pay them.
What happened to "council tax/ community charge benefit" (call it what you want) then?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:12 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
But I'm working at it Dave, what have you been working at lately? Oh thats right!!!
Ingenious, I thought it would take at least 3 posts before you started on the personal insults. I must be giving you too much credit.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
This is probably the wrong forum but anyway

I just heard on BBC Radio that ALL women in the UK who are diagnosed with early stage breast cancer will be put forward for treatment by Herceptin at a cost of over 40,000 pounds per patient. This has the potential to save many lives of young and middle aged women. This is obviously free on the NHS.

To the detractors who insist that health care is superior in the US I wonder could they offer what they feel the chances of the USA doing something like this would be?
This has only come about because a single mother with no one else to take care of her son should the worse happen threatened to take them to court to begiven the right to be given the drug even though she was not considered terminal, she was prepared to sell her house if she lost in order to get the drug and the best possible chance of survival..
I'm one of those idiots that believes that healthcare here is better than the NHS. I'm basing this on my experience with the healchcare system here and the experiences I had back home, can't be arsed to go into detail but my doctor here has done more for me in 6 months than my doctor ever did in all the years I saw her..
Yes we have to pay for insurance and yes I'm aware that I'd probably end up bankcrupt if I for example got cancer but as stories like these prove, the NHS is so cash strapped people in the UK are on the verge of having to do the same thing (I'm sure there are many other women who have lost the battle to get this drug and died) or face the lottery of whether they live in an area that has more money, therefore better treatment and drugs. At the end of the day, whether it be here or in the UK, its all about money..If you're piss poor or live in a piss poor area your chances of survival are greatly reduced.

According to the BBC yesterday they would not apply for a licence to start using the drug for all early stage cancer patients til next year..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/4304586.stm
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

What happened to "council tax/ community charge benefit" (call it what you want) then?
See my previous post. As usual we have a case of stroppy yank on the defensive when we dare to say anything vaguely negative about this great land.

PS She lived in Harrogate for 5 years and knows all there is to know about living in britain. An veritable Anglophile. I am humbled to learn for instance that I couldnt drive from Harrogate to Leeds in about 20 minutes a few months ago. Anyway, thats another story.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by woodsey
This has only come about because a single mother with no one else to take care of her son should the worse happen threatened to take them to court to begiven the right to be given the drug even though she was not considered terminal, she was prepared to sell her house if she lost in order to get the drug and the best possible chance of survival..
I'm one of those idiots that believes that healthcare here is better than the NHS. I'm basing this on my experience with the healchcare system here and the experiences I had back home, can't be arsed to go into detail but my doctor here has done more for me in 6 months than my doctor ever did in all the years I saw her..
Yes we have to pay for insurance and yes I'm aware that I'd probably end up bankcrupt if I for example got cancer but as stories like these prove, the NHS is so cash strapped people in the UK are on the verge of having to do the same thing (I'm sure there are many other women who have lost the battle to get this drug and died) or face the lottery of whether they live in an area that has more money, therefore better treatment and drugs. At the end of the day, whether it be here or in the UK, its all about money..If you're piss poor or live in a piss poor area your chances of survival are greatly reduced.

According to the BBC yesterday they would not apply for a licence to start using the drug for all early stage cancer patients til next year..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/...set/4304586.stm

Well whatever the incentive the outcome is a good one.

From both mine and my wifes experiences of working in health care here we both feel that the UK is a better place in general for it.

I do agree that it comes down to money, but then again what these days doesnt?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

Ingenious, I thought it would take at least 3 posts before you started on the personal insults. I must be giving you too much credit.
Well just ignore me then and then I wont have to answer you back will I? Simple really isn't it? Even for you!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

See my previous post. As usual we have a case of stroppy yank on the defensive when we dare to say anything vaguely negative about this great land.

PS She lived in Harrogate for 5 years and knows all there is to know about living in britain. An veritable Anglophile. I am humbled to learn for instance that I couldnt drive from Harrogate to Leeds in about 20 minutes a few months ago. Anyway, thats another story.
I know, I think at least as Brits we can take a fair bit of criticism on the chin, hell I think we criticise ourselves more than anyone else. But some, not all, USC's want to defend every single thing and refuse to accept something here could be even the slightest bit better.
Bloody Ostriches!!

Last edited by rushman; Oct 5th 2005 at 3:30 pm. Reason: for the hell of it
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:32 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Well just ignore me then and then I wont have to answer you back will I? Simple really isn't it? Even for you!
You'd know all about simple, I suppose. But I'm not putting you on ignore, I like to see what people are saying about me
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

You'd know all about simple, I suppose. But I'm not putting you on ignore, I like to see what people are saying about me

When did you change your name Dave? Mustve been during my sabatical.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:43 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

When did you change your name Dave? Mustve been during my sabatical.
Back at the end of August (I think)....
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

Back at the end of August (I think)....
During my sabatical then. I hope you dont move anytime soon. I hear Paul doesnt like too many name changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.