Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Colorado - bad press

Colorado - bad press

Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of
Default Re: Colorado - bad press

Originally Posted by misssunflowerblue
I have lived in Colorado most of my life. I was born here, and have lived in other places in the US. I must say that nothing beats it. I love it here. I find most of the people really friendly, and very liberal. The scenery is absolutely beautiful. There is loads to do, skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, mountain climbing, sight seeing, wild flower watching. I must say it probably isn't everyone's cup of tea as we are like i said a very liberal and open minded community. At least in Boulder, County. I don't really have any negative things to say about my home state. My husband moved here 3 years ago from England, and said he wouldn't want to live anywhere else....I guess the best way to find out is move here yourself and see what you think. I'd like to think you wouldn't be disappointed.
It's handy that there's lots of Tattooist's in Colorado too, hehehe!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

misssunflowerblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Floridared
It's handy that there's lots of Tattooist's in Colorado too, hehehe!!

Hey Paul!!

You little bugger!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

Hey Paul!!

You little bugger!!
Sorry Rachael, couldn't resist that one!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

misssunflowerblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Floridared
Sorry Rachael, couldn't resist that one!!
Don't blame you, I made myself WIDE open for that one!!!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Don't blame you, I made myself WIDE open for that one!!!!
Ooooer Mrs!! You might have done on that one too, Haha!!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

kel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to behold

we live 1hr north of Denver and have done for 3 years I have visited many other states but I have yet to find anywhere else I love as much .......
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:01 am
Just Joined

Pro52 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
Horrible place, very congested, best look elsewhere. 3ft of snow on Friday, cars sliding all over the place.

I hear Florida is very nice.
Florida sounds nice. Try living there for a couple of years and you'll be sick of it. For me the novelty soon wore off:
  • One season all year round.
  • Hurricanes.
  • Torrential rain.
  • Completely flat and featureless.
  • Horrid drivers.
  • Roaches, snakes and gators.
  • Impressive yet extremely congested beaches.
  • Hurricanes - good enough to mention twice.

No offense to Floridians, but I prefer Colorado and don't miss anything about Florida.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pro52
Florida sounds nice. Try living there for a couple of years and you'll be sick of it. For me the novelty soon wore off:
  • Hurricanes.
  • Torrential rain.
  • Horrid drivers.

No offense to Floridians, but I prefer Colorado and don't miss anything about Florida.
I think you will find most newcomers here prefer Florida.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:58 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I think you will find most newcomers here prefer Florida.
As they should.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
As they should.
Exactly
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:32 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

• Hurricanes.
  • Torrential rain.
  • Horrid drivers.

Shut your trap, you stupid moron. Great. Now the cat is out of the hammock.

IGNORE THIS CLOWN'S POSTINGS. COLORADO IS A HELLISH PLACE TO LIVE.
IF YOU COME HERE, I WILL SHOOT YOU. AND RAPE YOUR DOG.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:03 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Florida sounds nice.
Originally Posted by Octang Frye

Oh, and welcome to BE!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

• Hurricanes.
  • Torrential rain.
  • Horrid drivers.

While there is all of that, I like it here.....but if I was to move elsewhere and had a choice in the matter, Colorado would be high on the list. I've never actually heard of it having a crappy reputation as the OP says.....well, either that or he fell hook line and sinker for Octang's ploy
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

What sort of dog?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Apr 23rd 2009 at 4:27 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Pro52 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Octang Frye

Hehe, clearly you overestimated the influence of my post. And yours for that matter.

But seriously I'm available for birthdays and Bar Mitzvah at reasonable rates. Ask me nicely Octang and I'll make you a balloon animal. No dogs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.