Reload this Page >

Civil partnerships in the USA

Civil partnerships in the USA

Old Oct 27th 2012, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Civil partnerships in the USA

Originally Posted by Bob
Nobody mentioned moving to the US either.
Not directly. Implied due to mention of Doma.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

slinkyuk76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Civil partnerships in the USA

The intention is to eventually move to the US if they do over course overturn DOMA. It wouldn't be practcal for my partner to move to the UK although it would be a lot simpler, it would prove more difficult for her to get a job here. For me it would be a lot easier to get a job in the USA as I am not restricted to which company to work for.

Thanks for all your good advice
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Civil partnerships in the USA

Originally Posted by slinkyuk76
For me it would be a lot easier to get a job in the USA as I am not restricted to which company to work for.
I'm curious... how is she restricted by which company to work for if she moved to the UK? You suggest that's the reason you can move to the US more easily.

Ian