Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Citizenship processing :(

Citizenship processing :(

Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

swingin scot is on a distinguished road
Default Citizenship processing :(

I'm sending off my naturalization application this week (married to USC and permanent GC for 3 years). I just checked on the site and it says that right now they're only processing applications received in May of 2004!!! My husband and I are desperate to move to the UK and are wondering if there's any way to do this while my application is pending without losing status?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:22 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Default Re: Citizenship processing :(

I wish I was in your shoes, wherever that may be....
I process in South Carolina, and they are working on August 2003!

I don't think there's anything you can do, other than making sure you stay Stateside
for at least the minimum number of days per year required, to keep your GC valid.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

swingin scot is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Petra
I wish I was in your shoes, wherever that may be....
I process in South Carolina, and they are working on August 2003!

I don't think there's anything you can do, other than making sure you stay Stateside
for at least the minimum number of days per year required, to keep your GC valid.
Man they really need to get on top of that. That's just a ridiculous amount of waiting. Sorry

Do you know if the back log translates to the same amount of time to wait, ie, if they're processing March 2004 just now does that mean it will be around 1 yr 5 months till August 2005 people get processed?

Thanks for the info
Old Aug 9th 2005, 6:12 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

Originally Posted by swingin scot
Man they really need to get on top of that. That's just a ridiculous amount of waiting. Sorry
Do you know if the back log translates to the same amount of time to wait, ie, if they're processing March 2004 just now does that mean it will be around 1 yr 5 months till August 2005 people get processed?
Thanks for the info
Yup, technically, that is what it would mean.... But only when there are no new hurdles on the road!
A year-and-a-half is just too long to assume it will sail smoothly, after all, where do you think these time lines originate?
I can only advise you to keep an eye on the posted dates for your particular district office at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp?
Who knows, things might suddenly change for the better!