British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   The Christmas what do you miss thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/christmas-what-do-you-miss-thread-739784/)

Kaffy Mintcake Nov 29th 2011 10:50 pm

Re: The Christmas what do you miss thread

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005 (Post 9749453)
The Snowman film on TV is one of my most cherished childhood memories and a lot better than Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas! and A Charlie Brown Christmas. Which are just American pieces of junk compared to The Snowman. I do like the American Christmas shows but I just like the snowman a lot better.

My absolute favorite. How could you? :cry_smile:

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 Nov 29th 2011 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake (Post 9761505)
My absolute favorite. How could you? :cry_smile:

I have to say though that a A Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite of the American Christmas specials. I just like the Snowman better because it is what I grew up with.:)

Kaffy Mintcake Nov 30th 2011 12:19 am

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005 (Post 9761519)
I have to say though that a A Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite of the American Christmas specials. I just like the Snowman better because it is what I grew up with.:)

Fair enough. I probably like 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' because it's what I grew up with ... but I still think it's ace.

Not British, of course, but check out "A Christmas Story" if you haven't already. I'll have to look for the Snowman. :)

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 Nov 30th 2011 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake (Post 9761620)
Fair enough. I probably like 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' because it's what I grew up with ... but I still think it's ace.

Not British, of course, but check out "A Christmas Story" if you haven't already. I'll have to look for the Snowman. :)

Fair enough. I have seen parts of "A Christmas Story" but not the whole thing. I will have to check it out some time. You should see the Snowman I that you may like it. I hope that you do anyway.;) I wish you a great holiday season. I hope that you have a good one.

SultanOfSwing Nov 30th 2011 4:27 am

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005 (Post 9761500)
at lest he did not butcher a great movie theme.

Exactly. You don't f*** with Harold Faltermeyer. The bloke responsible for that asinine amphibian should have his willy cut off.

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 Nov 30th 2011 5:39 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9761889)
Exactly. You don't f*** with Harold Faltermeyer. The bloke responsible for that asinine amphibian should have his willy cut off.

Yeah exactly. The only question is who will do it. :rofl: :hysterical:
That asinine amphibian is just soooo ugly and annoying that I would like to punch that asinine amphibian in the nuts. That should shut him up for awhile. :rofl: :thumbsup:

Squirrel Nov 30th 2011 8:29 am

I just love the American Christmas films Prancer (and its sequel Prancer Returns) and I adore Annabell's Wish, it makes me cry every time!

Uncle Ebenezer Nov 30th 2011 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005 (Post 9761973)
Yeah exactly. The only question is who will do it. :rofl: :hysterical:
That asinine amphibian is just soooo ugly and annoying that I would like to punch that asinine amphibian in the nuts. That should shut him up for awhile. :rofl: :thumbsup:

Yeah. Asinine amphibian.

Sally Redux Nov 30th 2011 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer (Post 9762528)
Yeah. Asinine amphibian.

Do amphibians have nuts?

SultanOfSwing Nov 30th 2011 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9762563)
Do amphibians have nuts?

Probably, or else there'd only ever have been one ...

Uncle Ebenezer Nov 30th 2011 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9762563)
Do amphibians have nuts?

I understand they're rather partial to pistachios.

Sally Redux Nov 30th 2011 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9762572)
Probably, or else there'd only ever have been one ...

OK I bothered to look it up, the testicles are inside their body, I suppose they do have 'nuts' but they are hard to kick.

SultanOfSwing Nov 30th 2011 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9762589)
OK I bothered to look it up, the testicles are inside their body, I suppose they do have 'nuts' but they are hard to kick.

It's a fair assumption that if there's more than two of a given species, they'll have some form of knackers :lol:

Now, the Crazy Frog (hateful little twunt that he is) is an animation of a fictional character, so I doubt they included his internal bollocks as part of the coding. Your point holds when applied to him :)

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 Dec 1st 2011 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer (Post 9762528)
Yeah. Asinine amphibian.

OK Mr Ebenezer. :)

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9762589)

Wow Sally Redux you actually looked up something. I am really amazed about that. Good for you for taking the time. :rofl:

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9762596)
It's a fair assumption that if there's more than two of a given species, they'll have some form of knackers :lol:

Now, the Crazy Frog (hateful little twunt that he is) is an animation of a fictional character, so I doubt they included his internal bollocks as part of the coding. Your point holds when applied to him :)

OK so the Crazy Frog does not have nuts but I would still like to do something to him and it ain't going to be pretty.:rofl::)

He is just an Asinine amphibian anyway.

Squirrel Dec 1st 2011 10:15 am

For my part I would take Mr Blobby over Crazy Frog anytime.