Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Christmas--in which country?

Christmas--in which country?

Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:12 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Was laid off last week, so staying in the US this Christmas .

Foresaw the layoff so probably doing the right thing!

Still doing my best to get in the Christmas spirit American style...of course Christmas Vacation is obligatory and hilarious.

Delia's winter collection of recipes is out and the tree is up...two snows this month already... and Tony Bennett pumping out Winter Wonderland big band style on the stereo...I've even taken up egg nog...can you get pissed on egg nog?
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

ejay1 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by sibsie
I'll be suffering my 2nd Christmas in Spain and wishing I was in England or the US. My fiance was over last week so we had a mini early Christmas.

Next year it'll be New England for me and hopefully my first ever White Christmas. I've never seen real proper snow. Just the yucky London stuff and I can't wait.

Luckily I get satellite telly so I'll be home watching Easties and swearing at the Queen during her annual outing. I'd have far more respect for her if she came on with some streamers around her neck and some gravy down her top.

Whats the difference between London snow and US snow. Isn't snow just all the same?
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:35 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by swingin scot
Going home to Scotland for Christmas ... 3 weeks!! I just can't wait. I had to stay here a few years back for 2 years and it just wasn't the same. Just isn't the same without freezing your buns off. Even looking forward to the usual crap on telly
God, I'm envious! I was hiking the hills in the Lomond area the past 2 Christmases. This year, I can't - H1B revalidation came through too late to get my passport stamp in time.

So, me and the dog will be on Ocracoke Island instead, doing some house- and dog-sitting. Can't complain.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future

I've even taken up egg nog...can you get pissed on egg nog?
hehe, only if someone spikes it
Old Dec 17th 2003, 12:20 am
British in Wisconsin

Jememennie is an unknown quantity at this point

We're staying in the US. We visited my family in the UK for 2 weeks at the end of October and had 'fake Christmas' complete with crackers, turkey, presents and pudding on Oct 31st.